AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-12-25, 06:19   Link #1
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Imouto no Iru Seikatsu

Original Title : 妹のいる生活 (Imouto no Iru Seikatsu) <Life With a Little Sister/Sisters>
Author : Mui
Length : 2.2 Millions Japanese Characters (19/04/2021)
Web Novel : Syosetsu

Spoiler for Self-made synopsis:

Spoiler for FAQ:

Honestly, I was suprised. I kinda started it on a whim and actually ended up loving it. It's slow. Really slow (basically less than 3 years happened in the novel in the 2+ years of publication) but the pacing doesn't feel bad at all. Just fearing it'll take years until the characters gets 10+yo, though...

Also, warning, the little sister can be annoying. It gets a little better as she grows, but it's still annoying how jealous she is when another female character gets near the MC.

Aside from that, it has some really nice characters, and the setting is actually well thought out.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2021-04-19 at 08:54.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 06:37   Link #2
Amelgar

yep, the little sister is annoying. ~70 chapters in and I'm struggling to bare with it.

Would be nice if the MC or his mother made some effort to keep her under control but they just keep doting on her...

Also does she ever stop saying she loves her brother whenever she says anything? You can probably count the number of times she hasn't on one hand.
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 07:05   Link #3
Rinvelt
駄目人間

No, she doesn't. The only real growth is that in recent chapters MC can act alone under certain conditions because she finally understand that she can't be too selfish or she'll trouble him.
Old 2020-12-26, 19:39   Link #4
Amelgar

Thats... disappointing. Somewhat understandable given her age though. This is probably one off the cases where the author should throw in more timeskips. At least to a point where she doesn't come across as having a mental deficiency. I guess it's a good thing she eventually gives the MC some space to act alone since it's rather painful to watch her beg her brother to pay attention to her in the middle of a serious scene.

I probably won't get much further though if she doesn't tone down that much... It's a shame since some of the other characters are quite interesting. i.e. Eibel and the fourth princess.

Does it ever get explained why the father had to marry that noble woman? Was he a noble? From what we've seen though of him as off ~ch70 he's kinda a waste of space. Why did the MC's mother fall for him or stay with him for that matter. As the family situation is hardly a good/safe place to raise children. Her parent's home would be a much better environment.
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 04:37   Link #5
Rinvelt
駄目人間

It's a very slow pacing novel with things being explained little by little.
So far, we don't know much about how the father and mother met and fell in love.
We do know that the father is the second son of a noble family with low politic power, but apparently a rather noble blood (was explained rather recently actually) and that the father of the bitch he married is a very calculating man basing is value of people on how much they're of use to him, and considered that having the family in his debt would be useful to him.

As for why she stayed, if you continue to read you'll see that she's very sentimental and devoted. Once she started liking/loving something/someone, it's forever. And in this case, it's the father, she wants to be with him, even if they can only see each other rarely.
It's kinda hinted that if Alt wasn't a reincarnator, so able to bring so much prosperity to his family, she might have decided to go away for the children's sake, though she would have died from Fie's birth anyway.

And yeah, Eibel is great, she has the best scenes with Alt in the novel.
Old 2020-12-30, 04:39   Link #6
travelingbum

I don't know if i can handle the slow pacing.
from the imouto birth ch to finally being 4. 321.... lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-30, 05:11   Link #7
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Honestly, just looking at the story, the pacing is fine. After all, even if only a few years passed, a lot happens.

The problem is more about the pacing in reality. That's really depressing.