AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-09-01, 08:27   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1024 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ah, another fine week for some OP goodness! As usual, spoiler credits go to Redon and co. from AP:

-Chapter title is "Nanigashi (A certain someone)". Splash is the second half of the poster featuring the top 100 voted characters in this year's worldwide popularity poll!

-The chapter starts with an update on Nami's group! Surprisingly, Usopp makes several enemies pass out with Conqueror's Haki! ....Except in reality, it's Big Mom's CoC at work, and Usopp is just using it as a cover, heh. Nami contacts Franky, who's mopping up the scrubs alongside Law's crew. However, the ememy pirates are making a beeline for the live floor. On the third floor, Brooke (who's carrying an unconscious Robin) escapes from a fire, and contacts Jinbei, who's also cleaning up the remaining enemies on his end. The former warlord wonders why Kaidou hasn't come back inside the castle yet. At the entrance to the live floor, Kawamatsu and the yakuza team up to take out the fodder pirates trying to enter the floor in order to escape the fire spreading in some parts of the castle.

-At the roof, Kaidou vs. Yamato continues! As they battle, Yamato asks why Kaidou always tries to kill her (or him, if you prefer). Kaidou replies that if she insists on calling herself Oden, then she better prepare for war! This leads to the emperor's offspring asking what's so wrong about admiring someone, which leads to a flashback...taking place shortly after the actual Oden's death 20 years ago. A younger Yamato is being disciplined by her father for calling herself Oden. Nearby are several of several of Kaidou's henchmen, who passed out from the Conqueror's Haki released by the "Onihime" (Demon/Ogre Princess). This leads to Kaidou recognizing her potential, but since she still insists on calling herself Oden, then he must punish her..... with death!

-Kaidou drags her to a cave where he imprisons her along with three other men, who are among Wano's strongest samurai. He tells the samurai that if they surrender, he'll release and recruit them to his forces. In the meantime, he leaves them their weapons and a meal... but only enough to feed one person. As for Yamato, she's to be imprisoned in for a month without food... if she can survive that long. However, once Kaidou leaves, the samurai give their food to her! After the grateful child finishes her meal, another of the samurai, who bears a striking resemblance to Zoro, slices the chains binding her! When she asks the man his name, he replies that a defeated samurai has no name, so he insists on being called "Nanigashi" (a certain someone). However, his appearance strongly implies that this individual is the former daimyo of the Ringo privonce, Shimotsuki Ushimaru!

-Yamato befriends these samurai, as they too, admired the late Oden. She shows them the journal her hero left behind, which shocks them. However, since the child couldn't read it, the samurai taught her how to. After 10 days, the younger Yamato is starved and near death. She says she wants to live to join that battle Oden foresaw 2twenty years in the future, so "Nanigashi" says they will see to it that she does. However, 20 years is too long for the three of them. Then, the samurai join forces to destroy the rock blocking the entrance to the cave! They then set off for a final confrontation with the emperor.....

-Back in the present, the clash between father and child continues! Yamato asks her father why he stole not just her freedom, but Wano's, as well. The emperor responds that having every question answered isn't how the world works! The match seems to be a stalemate so far, as both combatants unleash a devastating Thunder Bagua on each other...!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-09-02 at 12:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-01, 12:15   Link #2
Hoodspirit

Oni-kid on a rampage might turn out to be cute.

Not interested in the Xth clash of Kaido and Yamato closing a chapter, or the other Samurai though.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-01, 15:26   Link #3
Galaxian

Sanji's and Yamato's backstories share a few similarities, the two would probably get along... If the former doesn't go full pervert.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-01, 17:00   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I read the chapter confirms Yamato has Conqueror's haki, which will surprise no one of course.
Old 2021-09-01, 17:06   Link #5
Ka-el

According to a theory, Sanji's fire power would be explained by the fact that Sanji's DNA was, as stated by Judge assistants in the flashback, modified too, but he didn't show any sign of it when they were tested in their training.

Well, this means that Sanji modified DNA skills are latent, and this could be related to their emotion, in fact the modification had two purposes: taking away their emotions and making them war machines with special skills. So if the power was inversely related to emotions and Sanji was the most emotional of the twins, then his own emotions were suppressing his latent modified power, making him appear a normal human. In fact the other three rated by strenght are, if you look at it, in the same order of how their emotion are displayed, Ichiji is the strongest and he seems the less emotional, Niji is a bit more emotional and is the second and Yonji is quite irritable, he gets angry quite easily, and is the weakest.

So, since the raid suit' purpose is to improve the skills that the holder already has (the other brothers and Reiju don't get new powers, their modified dna powers are just amplified by the suits), without other special abilities related only to the suit, then it would explain why wearing the suit is awakening Sanji's latent power (and as his name implies, I guess that the final awakening will happen next time, against Queen, which is, look at the case, the THIRD time he wears it..) Sanji's suit is the only with an added skills, invisibility, but I guess that was not only to grant Sanji his dreams but also because his family didn't think he had any power and so they gave his suit a skill to help him.

The problem still is that Judge didn't get surprised at all seeing Sanji's diable jambe even if he is the one who modified his children, so it would be another wasted chance of consistency for Oda.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 12:28   Link #6
marvelB

Sorry it took a while, but summary updated! Obviously the main draw here is the extra development Yamato got, as well as the appearance of Ushimaru (you may have abandoned your name, but you can't fool me, old man! ). No doubt many will see this as more ammo for Yamato to join Luffy, but I'm still unsure about it.... I'll wait and see if Oda can convince me otherwise.

BTW, not directly related, but something interesting to point out is that a recent update to the Vivre Card data book says that Yamato's birthplace is currently listed as "unknown". I've already seen some speculation that she (or he, whatever floats your boat) may be similar to Sanji in the sense that she could be a test tube baby created through Lineage Factor research. Personally, I wouldn't go down too deep that rabbit hole just yet, but yes, it does beg the question as to Yamato's origins, and why Kaidou insists on making Wano his HQ in the first place....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 03:01   Link #7
Hoodspirit

Onihime was cute as expected.

Straw Hats trying to figure out the situation and the general push towards the live floor were portraying a good sense of chaos and an approach to the climax.
Old 2021-09-03, 03:13   Link #8
mickbis

So the beast pirate on upper floor is bring block by Samurai
While the fire start to catch up.... a lot of casualty can be expect from this and the fire is from their own side too
basically a big mess
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 07:26   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm kind of starting to think Yamato is actually too strong to join.
Old 2021-09-03, 08:19   Link #10
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is no shortage of powerful enemies though.
Prison 6 guys in Blackbeard's crew can scale to whatever, more than enough Admirals to play with, and Akainu/Blackbeard/Imu as entities to lose against to play up Luffy.
Old 2021-09-03, 15:29   Link #11
Galaxian

Quote:
Yamato having a Mythical Zoan DF made me think she wasn't going to join.

How long before they revealed that King was the one who killed Shimotsuki Ushimaru when the Daimyo attack Kaido?

Last edited by Galaxian; 2021-09-03 at 15:58.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 15:41   Link #12
Ka-el

Quote:
Same was for Jinbe in Fishmen Island and yet... If you think about it, even Nico Robin was stronger than any other mugiwara except for Luffy when she joined.

After Zoro e Sanji power up against King and Queen I bet the monster trio will remain such.

Anyway, if Yamato joins, as her pattern suggests, it's sure that even Sanji will have Conqueror's Haki one day.
Old 2021-09-03, 16:24   Link #13
Rainbowman

I have a feeling those three samurai that befriended Yamato must have been killed by Kaidou off screen from that flashback.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 18:36   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Same was for Jinbe in Fishmen Island and yet... If you think about it, even Nico Robin was stronger than any other mugiwara except for Luffy when she joined.

After Zoro e Sanji power up against King and Queen I bet the monster trio will remain such.

Anyway, if Yamato joins, as her pattern suggests, it's sure that even Sanji will have Conqueror's Haki one day.
If Yamato were to join, I think she'd be the second strongest after Luffy. Zoro doesn't even know he has Conqueror's Haki (though he unconsciously uses it when performing Ashura), while Yamato is apparently able to use it at will. She's also doing pretty well all on her own against Kaidou too. She's fighting a losing battle, but hanging in there.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with her being the second strongest, but I'm sure plenty of people would.
Old 2021-09-03, 19:01   Link #15
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i am ok with Yamato joining... but ONLY if she drops the whole "I'm Oden" thing... that's just annoying
Old 2021-09-04, 03:06   Link #16
devilo96

what if zoro is Shimotsuki Ushimaru son...ushimaru know that kaido is to strong so he send his own son far from wano
and when king fight zoro he will remember ushimaru
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 06:55   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
what if zoro is Shimotsuki Ushimaru son...ushimaru know that kaido is to strong so he send his own son far from wano
and when king fight zoro he will remember ushimaru
I think Zoro is more likely to be his grandson.
Old 2021-09-04, 07:02   Link #18
Ka-el

Quote:
If Yamato were to join, I think she'd be the second strongest after Luffy. Zoro doesn't even know he has Conqueror's Haki (though he unconsciously uses it when performing Ashura), while Yamato is apparently able to use it at will. She's also doing pretty well all on her own against Kaidou too. She's fighting a losing battle, but hanging in there.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with her being the second strongest, but I'm sure plenty of people would.
the monster trio is like this and has been so for over 1000 chapters, over 20 years, and it will remain such until the end, even if Yamato once she joins will be stronger of Sanji or even Zoro, she will not remain in that position for long.

Yamato is fighting Kaido but still didn't manage to cause any real damage to him, not even a small wound. I bet she will lose soon, once Kaido starts fighting with his real power, until now he only used his basic attacks, the breath and the raimei hakke, not even the ragnarok used against Luffy.
Old 2021-09-04, 12:25   Link #19
TURI123456

To try to judge if Yamato going to join "Straw Hat Pirates" by her/him power level it's a bad index to judge to my opinion not only because we already have a strong base of power hierarchy level in "Straw Hat Pirates" three top members but also because the power levels in "One Piece" are flexibility and subject to the plot, my meaning is characters are strong as they should be by the plot request.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-05, 01:06   Link #20
devilo96

Quote:
I think Zoro is more likely to be his grandson.
huh i feel the ages didnt match if zoro is his grandson

i mean his ages when debut is 19
and the future said someone will help wano in 20 years

and if we use math..the ages and the future prophecy kinda match that zoro is ushi son

i mean my theory is the kaido try to solve all the samurai after oden die...and then ushi already know that so he send his 1 year old son to outside wano and hope in 20 years he can comeback to wano for that future prediction

but something happend to zoro guardian or his mom..so zoro never knew about wano and the future prediction and then zoro teacher knew that the baby is from wano because some logo or something sonhe teach him the sword skill

or zoro teacher is the guardian but he keep silent about wano

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote