AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 08:49   Link #1
Vstylex
Resident Dumbass

Chapter 221 discussion [Manga]

Disclaimer: It is against Animesuki's rules to ask for the raw in this thread or to provide a link to the raw. Doing so may get you banned. You've been warned.

The chapter starts out with Sasuke at the ninja academy. His father is there at the entrance ceremony with him. Couldn't really see if Itachi was there or not. Next couple of panels show Sasuke in the academy and training with shuriken. After that the next few panels centers on Sasuke eavesdropping on a conversation between Itachi and his father and mother. Sasuke seems concerned at what is being said. After this conversation is done Sasuke takes some time to talk to his big brother...While they talk some guys bust into the house looking all menacing and stare down Itachi...
Vstylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 09:08   Link #2
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Booo i wanted to do it ;( your a cheater and a lier and a cheater. ;D
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 09:23   Link #3
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Weird chapter, i wonder what this has to do with the massacre who is gonna happen 3 years later. And damn Uchiha dad is a bad dad, i feel sorry for Sasuke.
Old 2004-06-25, 09:29   Link #4
shukaku

who are the guys menacing itachi? do they look strong or not?
shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 09:42   Link #5
Mists

one more month until the flash back ends...
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:03   Link #6
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

one more month...? its been 2 weeks. You guys need to calm down and enjoy it instead of complaining. If you dont understand WHY this is important,you should go pick up mortal combat and just thrash on something.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:36   Link #7
LeafNinja

Interesting chapter, I wonder how long this flashback is going to play out. For it to go on this long, I think this may end up giving us a stronger explanation for the why the massacre transpired.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:40   Link #8
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
Interesting chapter, I wonder how long this flashback is going to play out. For it to go on this long, I think this may end up giving us a stronger explanation for the why the massacre transpired.
...That's pretty obvious, I'd say. Why else would Kishimoto put it in?
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:44   Link #9
LeafNinja

*I* know it is obvious as well, I merely stated it to counter all the fanboys who are annoyed by it and just want to see the Sasuke and Naruto fight. i.e. there usually is a reason for this stuff, just let it play out.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:59   Link #10
Asuran420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
*I* know it is obvious as well, I merely stated it to counter all the fanboys who are annoyed by it and just want to see the Sasuke and Naruto fight. i.e. there usually is a reason for this stuff, just let it play out.
Yeah im anxious to see a reason, or the truch of what happen, all them years back.

I hope Itachi had a better reason for killing his entire clan.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 12:58   Link #11
Mists

How is this gonna work

I'm curious, how is this gonna work? We are looking at this through Sasuke's view....we know Sasuke hates his brother so much he wants to kill them, what new information could we learn here, that his father was an prick?

It seems the hate would be geared more toward the father than Itachi..Oh well let it play out and maybe it'll make more sense.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:09   Link #12
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
man... i cant wait to see whats going to happen. this chapter sounds kinda short though... i wonder how much plot was involved in this one. i'm so interested to learn about itachi and why he did what he did. do you guys think he has a good reason for what he did ? or do u think that its more evil?
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:55   Link #13
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

see, this is why i've started to lose interest in naruto. this flashback, how does this fit into the current storyline with naruto vs sasuke? this should have been done during the itachi arc, not now. this series just keeps going downhill...

and itachi will become one of those "not-so-evil-but-still-evil" character soon when this flashback is done
bobofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:56   Link #14
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofet
see, this is why i've started to lose interest in naruto. this flashback, how does this fit into the current storyline with naruto vs sasuke? this should have been done during the itachi arc, not now. this series just keeps going downhill...

and itachi will become one of those "not-so-evil-but-still-evil" character soon when this flashback is done
No one's forcing you to read it.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:00   Link #15
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i like they way they do it ... kishimoto always leaves you kind of thinking and wondering. look at how long it took him from when sasuke 1st talked about itachi to when they finally showed him. sasuke talked about him in like episode 4 of the anime. and we find out about him just recently. and this does fit with this story line. why is naruto tryin to stop sasuke by fightin him to go to orochimaru? and why is sasuke going there ? to get stronger.. why? so he can fight his brother itachi
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:13   Link #16
knubbe

Looking over the raw, it seems Sasuke's father is a bit of an asshole.
Spoiler:
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:30   Link #17
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I agree. He got first in everything, and his father doesn't even care. Since he's still not as good as Itachi was. Oh, and Shikamaru was so kawaii as a little kid. ^^;
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:32   Link #18
shukaku

hey these 3 guys who are they? why do they seem very angry? And the one who is behind we don't see his face is he a bad guy?
shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:37   Link #19
MajinBuu
Kitty no jutsu!

Send a message via Yahoo to MajinBuu
heh

heh, just testing, right now i'm waiting for the translated version.
MajinBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:40   Link #20
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukaku
hey these 3 guys who are they? why do they seem very angry? And the one who is behind we don't see his face is he a bad guy?
Well he's an Uchiha so I don't think he's a villain. It might have to do with Itachi being disobediant towards his father.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote