AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 11:15   Link #1
beanieboy007

Tokyo Underground

The story of several companions in their quest to save Ruri from "The Company"
by venturing forth into the land of Tokyo Underground.

There, they are to face the henchmen of the Company & the powers they possess.

Luckally, our heros are not unequipt themselves,... except for maybe the dude with glasses. (or is he?)
Old 2003-11-29, 21:41   Link #2
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
sorta

i just watched the anime, but later shinnosuke (OMG HOW 2 WRITE?), gets a gun from a friendly guy from the underground. he can perform ice skills with that i think. but megane-kun (i think he was called like that by ruris friend, cuz of his glasses) has no skill on his own. there is just one person with such skills who does not live in the underground. and thats our hero.
Old 2003-12-06, 21:36   Link #3
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

ma~ Tokyo Underground~ it's a 'ok' anime and better in manga(remembering ******** there are I think 11 vols to this manga~ the artwork is pretty good too~ clean and clear type~ ( good for coloring ^^ )
Old 2006-06-28, 23:39   Link #4
dieseltrain

Tokyo Underground Manga questions!

I've seen the anime and read some of the manga, for those who read the manga to the most recent volumes Rumina Asagi and Chelsea Rourke relationship develop to anything more than friends? It just seems they would be a great couple, and there were subtle hints of something more. spoiler would be appreciated.
Old 2006-07-02, 23:50   Link #5
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

.. man i also wanted chelsea and asagi together, but i haven't bothered reading the manga or anything, (i watched the series it was pretty good, though the some of the BGM were a bit annoying)
Old 2006-07-03, 05:49   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Fyi, the manga has ended at 14 volumes. I definitely liked the manga ending better, too bad the anime couldn't have extened past the 26-episode habit and followed the manga more. Although they would have had a problem with catching up to the manga, and making filler episodes to give the manga some time wouldn't have worked in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain
I've seen the anime and read some of the manga, for those who read the manga to the most recent volumes Rumina Asagi and Chelsea Rourke relationship develop to anything more than friends? It just seems they would be a great couple, and there were subtle hints of something more. spoiler would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurashy
.. man i also wanted chelsea and asagi together, but i haven't bothered reading the manga or anything, (i watched the series it was pretty good, though the some of the BGM were a bit annoying)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-09, 12:06   Link #7
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Are there any other groups scanlating this series? I think the furthest complete volume Anime Empire has is six. I really like the series, though. I wish I could find the rest. No one's looking to license the manga, it seems.
Old 2006-08-26, 17:12   Link #8
berial666

BIG SPOILER!!

here's the final page of the series

and here's some pages about what dieseltrain asked for

cya^_^
Old 2008-10-25, 14:19   Link #9
Dark Mage

So does Rumina love Ruri or Chelsea. Who does Ruri love? I cant seem to download the picture for the last chapter, anyone here , who can upload it for me please?
Old 2008-10-26, 05:37   Link #10
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
So does Rumina love Ruri or Chelsea. Who does Ruri love? I cant seem to download the picture for the last chapter, anyone here , who can upload it for me please?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-26, 07:25   Link #11
Dark Mage

Thanks Shinji103
Old 2009-05-18, 06:32   Link #12
Alchemist007
*Author

Damn I wish this was complete in English. I also only saw the anime and figured the manga had to have gone better and longer. Though I guess no English publisher has picked it up.

I was a Rumina x Chelsea fan personally.
Old 2009-05-18, 20:50   Link #13
cjl

I loved the anime up to the ending, which I think was rushed. Does the manga finish the story better?
Old 2009-05-18, 21:27   Link #14
Alchemist007
*Author

Apparently so. I ordered the raw on ebay.
Old 2009-05-19, 02:29   Link #15
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

the manga finishes the story, for sure. Whether it's a good finish or not is up to you to decide. Personally, I found the climax to be a little bit awkward, and the reintroduction of Ruri was kinda like "...whoa, I forgot she even existed", considering she got punted to the side for a good duration of the manga (lampshaded by the author himself).

All side characters pretty much get shoved offscreen at the end of the series, though, but you still get a pretty satisfactory ending for Rumina, Chelsea, and Ruri.

Spoiler for little note:
Old 2009-06-11, 12:49   Link #16
Alchemist007
*Author

Finally got to seeing it myself. Seems to be rushed for an ending. But I guess I'm always expecting something big. I'm guessing this author is known for "conclude it yourself" type endings?