AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-07, 11:40   Link #1
Hokage Ace

What are some eccchi manga?

I mean I have just about every fighting, sports and the likes that are translated and want to check out some of the echi ones, so what are some of the titles I should know about?
Old 2004-07-07, 12:21   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is quite a bit understated. Not surprising if this gets closed or deleted.
Old 2004-07-07, 13:06   Link #3
Akageno
tomoshibi

Send a message via ICQ to Akageno Send a message via Yahoo to Akageno
Vandread and Green Green
Old 2004-07-07, 13:45   Link #4
Hokage Ace

why would it, I am not asking for hentai. manga with stories is what I want.
Old 2004-07-07, 14:04   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Guido means that there are so many ecchi manga it wouldn't be worth it.
typically, if it's shounen manga it'll have ecchiness (even naruto has ecchi in it)
Old 2004-07-07, 14:25   Link #6
7thMethuselah

these are a few manga's that have more than a bit of ecchi in it

Love Hina : a harem manga, extremely funny, insane amount of bath scenes

Battle Vixens : This is the manga based on the TV anime series Ikkitousen, it is VERY ecchi, just like the anime, basically many of the combat scenes are quite revealing

GetBackers : While the anime isn't ecchi at all, the manga is quite a different story, wait untill you see Hevn, you'll never forget those pages : GetBackers manga is filled with action and has quite a few very explicit ecchi pages in it.

Ai Yori Aoshi : More than just ecchi, each manga has several actual nudity parts in it, this apart from many ecchi scenes. The story is a love story, very slow and mellow at times. If you are not into romance stuff, better skip this one, while it has alot of ecchi and nudity as well, if you don't like the romance it'll bore you, if you are into romance, then don't miss out on it.
Old 2004-07-07, 14:40   Link #7
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kyuven thank you for your comprehension.

As for you, Hokage Ace, I might after all suggest you some titles.

Check out Pretty Face. It's definitely worth your time and reading and better all it's still unlicensed.

Last edited by Guido; 2004-07-07 at 14:41. Reason: I forgot to fill on the information
Old 2004-07-07, 15:12   Link #8
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
these are a few manga's that have more than a bit of ecchi in it

Love Hina : a harem manga, extremely funny, insane amount of bath scenes

Battle Vixens : This is the manga based on the TV anime series Ikkitousen, it is VERY ecchi, just like the anime, basically many of the combat scenes are quite revealing

GetBackers : While the anime isn't ecchi at all, the manga is quite a different story, wait untill you see Hevn, you'll never forget those pages : GetBackers manga is filled with action and has quite a few very explicit ecchi pages in it.

Ai Yori Aoshi : More than just ecchi, each manga has several actual nudity parts in it, this apart from many ecchi scenes. The story is a love story, very slow and mellow at times. If you are not into romance stuff, better skip this one, while it has alot of ecchi and nudity as well, if you don't like the romance it'll bore you, if you are into romance, then don't miss out on it.
a correction: you got it backwards, Ikkitousen (the anime) is based off Ikkitousen (the manga) and Tokyopop gave it the stupid title ("Battle Vixens" WTF were they smoking?!) and street slang
also try Mahoromatic, the anime was pretty ecchi (and if you've seen it you'll know that's an understatement) but the manga brings ecchi to new levels...
Saikano is kind of ecchi too...but it's more dramatic than ecchi (the characters are CRYING while they're doing the nasty...BOTH of them!)
Old 2004-07-07, 16:20   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
I'd recommend Ichigo100% and Pretty Face like Guido already suggested.

A bit of a spoiler, so:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-07, 18:41   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I'd recommend Ichigo100% and Pretty Face like Guido already suggested.

A bit of a spoiler, so:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-08, 04:51   Link #11
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-08, 07:29   Link #12
Akageno
tomoshibi

Send a message via ICQ to Akageno Send a message via Yahoo to Akageno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage Ace
why would it, I am not asking for hentai. manga with stories is what I want.
Parallel or Gansmith cats =^.^=
But Vandread and Green Green isn't hentai. If I have said Secret Plot, it would be hentai
Old 2004-07-08, 08:04   Link #13
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-08, 09:46   Link #14
7thMethuselah

some typical previews

Love Hina has ALOT of these kinda scenes

Spoiler:

Ikkitousen or Battle Vixens as the manga is called is more or less like this 90 % of the time,

Spoiler:

PS Sorry 'bout that Kyuven, I didn't know about the order, I just saw the anime first
Old 2004-07-08, 10:02   Link #15
Hokage Ace

thanks eveyone for the help.

also I am looking fo rsome violent more adult oriented manga like battle royal and blade of the immortal. any suggestions?
Old 2004-07-08, 12:12   Link #16
ubb

You mean they were crying while they're banging each other in saikano?
Old 2004-07-08, 12:56   Link #17
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

SaiKano isn't exactly ecchi in the sense that american's think of ecchi. The nudity in it is necessary for the plot as opposed to the plot making a little detour in order to have some big breasted fighter chick lose her bra or something retarded like that. Also, Tenjou Tenge has quite a bit of large breasted fighter chicks in it. You should check that one out. Although it was recently licensed, so that may be difficult.
Old 2004-07-08, 14:16   Link #18
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
You mean they were crying while they're banging each other in saikano?
yes they were, to say saikano is emotional would be an absurdly gross understatement, for starters there is no real villain (even though it appears there is at first) and no "good guys" everyone is "human" (i won't spoil it even though it happens in the very beginning, but it's a sort of unspoken agreement not to spill the beans about Chise when suggesting SaiKano) for instance, Shuji comes off as a bit of a jerk (though the story is from his perspective, so you get thought bubbles of him beating himself up inside everytime he scolds Chise) it's honestly one of the first series i've ever seen/read where you ask yourself "why does he hang around with her?" at first...and then it becomes hard to imagine them apart.
It's really hard to say how emotional SaiKano is without really spoiling the series, but yes there is sex, and the reason they're crying is a BIG part of the story (the side characters are basically pushing them into it throughout the first volume...)
i guess i drifted off topic...
Old 2004-07-08, 18:13   Link #19
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
yes they were, to say saikano is emotional would be an absurdly gross understatement, for starters there is no real villain (even though it appears there is at first) and no "good guys" everyone is "human" (i won't spoil it even though it happens in the very beginning, but it's a sort of unspoken agreement not to spill the beans about Chise when suggesting SaiKano) for instance, Shuji comes off as a bit of a jerk (though the story is from his perspective, so you get thought bubbles of him beating himself up inside everytime he scolds Chise) it's honestly one of the first series i've ever seen/read where you ask yourself "why does he hang around with her?" at first...and then it becomes hard to imagine them apart.
It's really hard to say how emotional SaiKano is without really spoiling the series, but yes there is sex, and the reason they're crying is a BIG part of the story (the side characters are basically pushing them into it throughout the first volume...)
i guess i drifted off topic...
Yeah I wouldn't call Saikano ecchi either. In the entire 7 volumes there are only a few scenes that have nudity in them. And it's not sexually arousing at all, it's an integral part of the story. Sex in this manga is at times more a means to fight ones' loneliness rather than adding ecchi to the plot. Besides the manga is drawn in a very sketchy style (which is beautifull imo) and that even lessens the effect of the occasional nudity. I think there are less then 10 moments in the manga that can be considered revealing, so no saikano isn't ecchi at all

It's indeed hard to describe it without spoiling the anime/manga but Saikano is by far the most emotional manga/anime I've seen/read and ecchi about the last thing that'll come to your mind when seeing/reading it.
Closed Thread