Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-07, 13:51   Link #1
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Legendz

Ah...Yeah. So, the pic on AniDB simultaneously appeals to me (the top) and pushes me away (the bottom. o_o). Has anyone seen (any of) this? I have no idea what it is.
Old 2004-07-07, 14:42   Link #2
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
all i know is that its directed by Akito Daichi and is based off of some toy line of some kind. The fact that Daichi is involved is enouph to garner my intrest~
Old 2004-07-07, 16:03   Link #3
Kiro
chocolate overdose

just saw the first ep (subbed). hmm, guess i'll skip this one. the animation style will not appeal to everyone. i didn't watch the whole thing, because it doesn't really look interesting but i skipped some parts of the ep so i may have missed something innovative.

those "legendz" are monsters/creatures, that come out of "talispods". and we have a team of 3 (one woman, two idiots) that works for a company to get those "legendz" which will probaply be the one to annoy the mainpratognists through the show by constantly trying to steal those legends and fail in this task. sounds like pokemon? yup. but i think the show redeemed itself a little because the comedey (more slapstick) isn't that bad at times.

allthough i'm not gonna watch this show, i'll say you should give it a try. it's just that i'm following too much anime-shows lately and i'm not interested in a "call-a-monster"-show right now.
Old 2004-07-07, 16:54   Link #4
Chao Otaku

I'm going to watch it.
The animation style for the humans is a bit odd, but I found that the fights were very well animated, which IMO is a rarity for it's type of anime, and I liked the humor quite a bit.
Old 2004-07-07, 17:20   Link #5
stpehen
kisses for all

Decent for mindless entertainment. The story is childish but as usual, Daichi's directing/humor is enjoyable.
Old 2004-07-09, 08:29   Link #6
Suikun

I loved it! It has pretty good animation (albeit with a different style to it), a cast of characters I could learn to like, and some funny writing. Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit... but then, I love the Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh! type shows more than most people...
Old 2004-07-09, 09:40   Link #7
Pabs

It's great! It's really funny and well done. Who cares if it's about a toy line. I actually questioned whether the toy line was real or not, because that's one lame-a$$ toy, IMHO, if it's real. This series looks to be good stuff.

Pabzilla
Old 2004-08-26, 08:29   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I got to see episode 2 last night and while the artwork is weird and so is some of the acting, it's no worse than Jubei-chan and is downright hilarious too. I especially like that little rat that changes into that huge wind bird. Now that's just too cool. He's already my favorite soul doll out of the whole show.
Old 2004-12-06, 17:37   Link #9
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
the bit with the old guy sweeping the floor in episode three was pretty funny.

"Im singing nonesense~"

The use of English in this show is also quite hilarious, mainly becuase it's so heavly accented

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2004-12-06 at 22:36.
Old 2006-01-12, 04:49   Link #10
david0925

o_O Last discussion is over 1 year away!

I recently realized the existence of this series (yeah, a bit on the slow side, lol). The characters....are not well drawn. But the art for the "Legendz" is definitely nice. Shiron is probably the only reason I watch this (up to 6 now, downloading up to 22)

This series doesn't seem to be that popular, and I have yet to find anything past 22. Hopefully it'll be possible to finish this series =(
Old 2006-09-23, 07:09   Link #11
tygitramus
Disabled By Request

Smile Legendz episode 9 is fansubbed! Whoot!

Finally! another episode fansubbed of this sadly not payed enough attention to series : / Also unfortuantely, notin order ;p but Hooray! it is still another episode! Keep subbin these episodes whoever of ya might be doin it! .. must.. watch.. more. Itsgot an intersting story behind it overall and some good seriousness in it too even if alot of the silliness seems to make folks forget about this.. Lets all hope to keep these comin and get more of these things viewable to those who have no sense of another language or trying to learn! : D
Old 2006-12-14, 19:09   Link #12
tygitramus
Disabled By Request

Lightbulb keeping azureous open for legendz

hey folks.. been a while since my last post,but thought i'd let folks know that im keeping azureous open alot so that legendz 1-6 and 9 are running on it. so, most days, the torrents shoudl have atleast 1 person on to upload to folks. have a nice day : )
Old 2006-12-14, 21:36   Link #13
ThoHell

Hmm, think I'm going to hve to pass on this anime too. The animation isn't doing it for me, to old fashion cartoony like.
Old 2006-12-15, 03:40   Link #14
KBTKaiser

eh...I prefer the manga's storyline to this one. At least the main character knows what he's doing...
Old 2007-07-27, 14:41   Link #15
flow9
*Scanlator

im sorry to say but i have read it all and its quiet boring . the part that gets me mad is the ending it sucks
Old 2007-07-27, 15:36   Link #16
ipernorris

Is this show for five years old kids?
Closed Thread