AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-29, 02:26   Link #1
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Has anybody played the game?

I am not sure my Japanese is enough to play this game. BTW the game is on a DVD and it can be played like a regular DVD (the game is on it too, but also there is DVD video/audio), but somehow it looks messed up when I try to play it with PowerDVD, anybody know what the problem is?Thx
Old 2003-11-29, 03:57   Link #2
Andesuton
may equivalent to Ph.D.

Nope, you can't play the game on PowerDVD or other DVD players.

Actually, it plays the opening anime by using DVD players, but that's all. You have to install the game in Windows (locale must be set to Japan) and run it on the original program, rUGP.
Old 2003-11-29, 04:54   Link #3
lavarock

BTW, has anybody played Memory Off 1?
That game is made by very famous AVG maker KID and its story is somewhat similar to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (at least the first 3 episode). It's about the main character try to recover the loss of his girlfriend and live his life after the accident. BTW Memory off 2 is also on PC and it's been quite popular even though both are not H-Games.
Old 2003-11-29, 05:14   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yes I have, but not the "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien DVD specification" version that was released this year. I played the original CD-ROM version that was released in 2001.

As for the "KimiNozo DVD Spec." I too own it, however, I have yet to play it on my PC (I have installed it, but I've been putting it off trying to finish my pile of ero-games that I haven't played yet).

However, in your question whether or not it will play as a DVD-movie game, I assume no. Though, the DVD does include the OP movie for the DVD, that is the only thing that you can watch if you put it in a home DVD player (of course, you need to have a region 2 and/or region-free DVD player). But the actual game itself needs to be installed onto a computer with a DVD-ROM drive (I am not sure about playing on an non-Japanese OS)

But, rest assured it worked fine on my old Pentium-III computer running at 500Mhz with Windows 2000 Pro (Japanese), though some action sequences were fairly difficult to process. On the other hand, it worked flawlessly on my Pentium IV running at 2.8GHz with Windows XP Pro (Japanese). So I am sure that so long your computer is better than PIII 500MHz, it should work.

Have fun!
Old 2003-11-29, 05:45   Link #5
Guu
yamete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
BTW, has anybody played Memory Off 1?
That game is made by very famous AVG maker KID and its story is somewhat similar to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (at least the first 3 episode). It's about the main character try to recover the loss of his girlfriend and live his life after the accident. BTW Memory off 2 is also on PC and it's been quite popular even though both are not H-Games.
Woohoo finally someone mentions Memories Off!! It's such a good game that even though there's not a single hentai or even ecchi element, the story alone made MO2 the best selling AVG game in 2001 (or 2002? should be 2001 since the PS/DC version came out that year). Yes I've played both MO1 & MO2, and am expecting ~Omoide ni Kawaru Kimi~ to come out on PC. For those who know Chinese, there're also official Chinese versions of MO1 & MO2 available. If you haven't tried it yet, please please please go play it now and you'll thank God for not missing out such a good game.
Old 2003-11-29, 19:25   Link #6
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
However, in your question whether or not it will play as a DVD-movie game, I assume no. Though, the DVD does include the OP movie for the DVD, that is the only thing that you can watch if you put it in a home DVD player (of course, you need to have a region 2 and/or region-free DVD player). But the actual game itself needs to be installed onto a computer with a DVD-ROM drive (I am not sure about playing on an non-Japanese OS)
Have fun!
Well it's weird that I was trying to play the DVD with powerDVD (under region 2) and the video seems to be discrambled. Anyway I will install the game and see if there is any playback issues.
I have played some AVG games, most of them require little cpu/memory/graphix card to run
Old 2003-11-29, 19:30   Link #7
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu
Woohoo finally someone mentions Memories Off!! It's such a good game that even though there's not a single hentai or even ecchi element, the story alone made MO2 the best selling AVG game in 2001 (or 2002? should be 2001 since the PS/DC version came out that year). Yes I've played both MO1 & MO2, and am expecting ~Omoide ni Kawaru Kimi~ to come out on PC. For those who know Chinese, there're also official Chinese versions of MO1 & MO2 available. If you haven't tried it yet, please please please go play it now and you'll thank God for not missing out such a good game.
Hehe, i played the Chinese version as well, there are simplified chinese version and traditional chinese version.
I also beat both, particularly on MO2 I have all the endings (20 of them? can't remember) unlocked (include some hidden endings that will not show up in the ending menu).
MO1 I only beat couple endings, basically the ones for the main characters.

Guu have u played Chinese version of Never 7? Also done by KID. The story is quite good but I like characters in MO2 better.
Old 2003-11-29, 20:22   Link #8
Guu
yamete...

Quote:
Hehe, i played the Chinese version as well, there are simplified chinese version and traditional chinese version.
I also beat both, particularly on MO2 I have all the endings (20 of them? can't remember) unlocked (include some hidden endings that will not show up in the ending menu).

Guu have u played Chinese version of Never 7? Also done by KID. The story is quite good but I like characters in MO2 better.
I have finished all the lines except Takano in MO2 (but I "cheated" by having the system file of full CG & endings ), and completed MO1 quite a while ago. Yeah the characters and story design of MO2 is surely amazing, and I forgot to mention the seiyuu... they did such a wonderful job too. Seiyuu include Mizuki Nana (Kururu in Bottle Fairy & Aria in Sister Princess), Ikezawa Haruna (Noriko in Gravitation & Miyu in Super GALS), Nakanishi Tamaki (Nagatsuki in Happy Lesson Advanced), Chiba Saeko (I think she doesn't need to be introduced ), Kikuchi Shiho (Ena in Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu & Shiki in Narue no Sekai) and Nanri Yuuka (Henrietta in Gunslinger Girl).
I didn't play Never 7 but have heard of it, however I'm planning to buy the Chinese version of its sequel Ever 17 (gonna be out sometimes soon).
PS The MO's I played are Chinese versions too . I assume you're Chinese, right? Please do drop by the Chinese Memories Off discussion forum sometimes .

Last edited by Guu; 2003-11-29 at 20:35.
Old 2003-11-30, 01:44   Link #9
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu
I didn't play Never 7 but have heard of it, however I'm planning to buy the Chinese version of its sequel Ever 17 (gonna be out sometimes soon).
PS The MO's I played are Chinese versions too . I assume you're Chinese, right? Please do drop by the Chinese Memories Off discussion forum sometimes .
Yes I posted at gamebase's forum a while back, also one of my favorite KID fansite is here, also they have an awesome BBS.

I will also get EVER 17 once it's out Loved that series and MO series
Old 2003-11-30, 06:39   Link #10
ramune

Quote:
do you need chinese OS to play the chinese version of memories off? or you just need to change the language settings? and also how can you tell whether it is the simplified chinese version or the traditional chinese version? the one from taiwan should be traditional right?
Old 2003-11-30, 06:59   Link #11
lavarock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika
do you need chinese OS to play the chinese version of memories off? or you just need to change the language settings? and also how can you tell whether it is the simplified chinese version or the traditional chinese version? the one from taiwan should be traditional right?
You dont need Chinese OS (if you have win2k or up), just have your unicode setting set to Chinese (simp/trad depend on your game) and you will be all set, (BTW some games will just require you have the fonts, for instance KGNE game wont even require you have unicode setting set to Japanese).
Well if you play the game you will know if it's simp/trad by just looking at it, the fonts/characters are different.
The ones from Taiwan/HongKong will most likely be Traditional Chinese.
Old 2003-11-30, 07:14   Link #12
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika
Gargh. I think chinese games will be just as difficult to play as japanese games, since I'll probably take 10 minutes to read a significant chunk of text... and try to figure out mainlander-context phrases... yeah #*#@*# bilingual foreignlang requirements
Old 2003-11-30, 07:26   Link #13
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
Gargh. I think chinese games will be just as difficult to play as japanese games, since I'll probably take 10 minutes to read a significant chunk of text... and try to figure out mainlander-context phrases... yeah #*#@*# bilingual foreignlang requirements
haha actually i'm a native chinese speaker so it won't be a problem. and japanese is less difficult for me since i can read kanji and i'll have a much easier time guessing the meaning.

i'll be taking japanese class next semester so i can play KGNE. wanna play that game sooo much!!! that's right i care about the story more than the hentai.
Old 2003-11-30, 08:12   Link #14
Tboz

Is there a version of the KgNE game in chinese?

Thanks.
Old 2003-11-30, 08:31   Link #15
qksita

Send a message via ICQ to qksita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Is there a version of the KgNE game in chinese?

Thanks.
In short: no.

(p.s. this is my first post here, hello everybody!)
Old 2003-11-30, 08:50   Link #16
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by qksita
In short: no.

(p.s. this is my first post here, hello everybody!)
Sigh, how unfortunate, thought I might be able to understand the game since I can read chinese. Looks like the Jap version is the only way to go.

Anyway, thanks for the info and welcome to the forums.
Old 2003-12-01, 20:39   Link #17
one_winged
Inactive Member

The game has to be on a DVD to be played? ..

Well I downloaded it, and I can't seem to extract the files from the image so I'm assuming it has to be DVD-burned and such?
Old 2003-12-01, 20:57   Link #18
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_winged
The game has to be on a DVD to be played? ..

Well I downloaded it, and I can't seem to extract the files from the image so I'm assuming it has to be DVD-burned and such?
nop.......u can extract it......i have it, and no DVD burner or nothing.......i play it fine too
Old 2003-12-01, 21:01   Link #19
one_winged
Inactive Member

Ah, I see. Thanks, check your pm =P
Old 2003-12-01, 21:04   Link #20
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_winged
Ah, I see. Thanks, check your pm =P
what page did u download the game off