AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-15, 11:17   Link #1
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Did you notice Motherland? Hidden signs in FMA?

In Episode 42, at 00:14:31 to 00:14:32, you can see a glimpse of a sign that says MOTHER LAND. Did anyone else notice this but me?
As you may know, the previous ED (ending) for FMA was Motherland by Crystal Kay, so I thought it had something to do with that.

Anyway, this is a useless thread, I just wanted to see if anyone noticed it.

And here's the picture:

I read signs in FMA a lot, because it's in English, and that's a rare thing in anime. All-English text, I mean. Like that recipe that was in Dr. Marcoh's books.
And sometimes you stumble upon things like this. Do you think that MOTHER LAND had any significance? Maybe it meant something else than Crystal Kay's song? Perhaps Ed and Al's motherland is not Amestris? And what's up with the "SO FEEL GOOD" in the sign?

Have you seen any other signs like this? Please tell us!

Last edited by Gravi-T; 2004-08-15 at 11:34.
Old 2004-08-15, 14:07   Link #2
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

well, I think I noticed that, but doesn't really mind, and judging by all the names they use Western names (Edward Elric, Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Maes Hughes, King Bradley, etc, etc,) if I'm not wrong, I think Ametris might be like Europe and Xing is China, for more info, u can look at Yebyosh-sama's map of Ametris
Old 2004-08-17, 15:42   Link #3
Drognen

While on the subject, anyone notice that the Alchemical books Ed and Al were studying at Tuckers house had D20 game system material as the filler?
Old 2004-08-17, 16:19   Link #4
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

No way! When can you see a shot of it? Well, Alchemy is a skill in d20.
Old 2004-08-17, 18:34   Link #5
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
I noticed it but thought it had already been posted. Are a lot of signs in english? I should check some more, well till 45 comes out anyway.
Old 2004-08-18, 07:23   Link #6
Grona
Big Damit!

Man there is so many things that have poped up like that in the series, just to show your paying attention I guess
Old 2004-08-19, 15:16   Link #7
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
Out of curiosity, isn't there an ending song sung by Crystal Kay? It could be a pun... I'm not sure... but Crystal Kay sang a song called "motherland" and I believe "motherland" is also the name of her new album. It could be a way to promote her works ^_^
Old 2004-08-19, 17:11   Link #8
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberihevn
Out of curiosity, isn't there an ending song sung by Crystal Kay? It could be a pun... I'm not sure... but Crystal Kay sang a song called "motherland" and I believe "motherland" is also the name of her new album. It could be a way to promote her works ^_^
Yeah, because, as the first post in this thread said, "Motherland" by Crystal Kay, was an ending song for FMA. The inclusion in the anime was probably just a way to pimp the single.
Old 2004-08-19, 20:24   Link #9
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

but I think it was only a flash, only some ppl would notice that small itty, bity sign
Old 2004-08-25, 12:17   Link #10
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I noticed the Dungeons and Dragons in the alchemy books , I laughed my head off as a result. I'll post some more english writing that I find funny

From the beginning of episode 3: 0:29:00 (DnD Rules) :

From the beginning of Episode 6: 2:??:00 (two minutes into it, tucker's resume has some british history )
Old 2004-08-26, 10:03   Link #11
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombrenuit
I noticed the Dungeons and Dragons in the alchemy books , I laughed my head off as a result. I'll post some more english writing that I find funny
From the beginning of episode 3: 0:29:00 (DnD Rules)

From the beginning of Episode 6: 2:??:00 (two minutes into it, tucker's resume has some british history )
Haha! That DnD thingy was fun! Yes, of course NPC's are a part of alchemy! :P

So, by saying that Britain exists, it indirectly means that FMA takes place in OUR world and not another world that looks similar to ours? The big question still remains, if Amestris really is a country in this world.

*goes to find more clues in other episodes and to get some screenshots*

EDIT:
Okay, I kind of started watching episode 26, and I found LOTS of hidden stuff!!
Oh, and I didn't want to bother looking at the times of the different screenshots I took, 'cause it takes too long time, is boring and no one "tries to prove" that it's not in FMA anyway. :P
Also, I put the pictures in spoiler-tags, not because they're spoilers, but because it takes a lot of space, space in the thread, I mean.

First picture: This is the letter that Ed sent Roy Mustang after they left the hospital. Notice how only the first sentence is relevant to Roy, while the rest is talking about some Science Museum and Britain (!).
Spoiler for Picture number one:

Pictures two and three: Just random shots of the map over the "FMA-country".
Spoiler for Pics 2 and 3:

Picture number 4: Just the picture of the Elric family. Notice what the books say. I guess it's the books that Ed and Al studied... "The Mirror of Alchemy" (whaaat...?) and something that looks like "The Secret of my heart..." something. And the paper on the right, starts with "Pride" I think, or something else :P Also that purple container in the background contains Calcium (or something starting/ending with Calcium).
Spoiler for Pic #4:

Picture number 5: A "Wanted"-poster with Lt. Yoki (I think that was his name) in it. This is at the Auto-mail repair shop.
Spoiler for Pic #5:

Picture number 6: Okay, this wasn't anything special, I just wanted to show you that there are guys who hold other guys' hands in that Automail town. ^^
Spoiler for Pic #6:

Picture number 7: Okay, I'll let you figure out what those characters are. I'll give you a hint though: TRAIN.
This picture was taking when the camera panned REALLY fast from right to left in the episode, it's really hard to catch if you don't have a fast eye. :P

Spoiler for Pic #7:

Picture number 8: Well, this was nothing special, just that it said "RESTORE" in that sign to the right. What the heck do they mean by that? I bet they meant "repair"
Spoiler for Pic #8:

Picture number 9: What is "POWERGLOBE" anyway? :P
I just realized that it could be a sign meaning the Philosopher's Stone. Because the Stone (or at least the red stones) are round, in other words globe-shaped and then the Stone gives you POWER. So... Powerglobe = Philosopher's Stone?

Spoiler for Pic #9:

Pictures number 10-13: Okay, that's the end of the regular pictures. Here are some from the ED (Motherland). Notice that they write about Ed and Al.
Also in that 12th picture, see that it says "Motherland"? I bet that the "Motherland" in the first post was the same as this one, just trying to get the ED-song's name out... subliminally. ^^
And in the 13th picture (first disregard Winry's bouncing b00bs), you can see a little more from the text. All I got from the text was this:
"... They are both experienced alchemists, but lost their bodies while trying to resurrect their dead mother. Ed's limbs and Al's full body are of metal now, hence the name of 'Fullmetal'."
It also mentions the Philosopher's Stone.

Spoiler for Pics #10-13:

The reason I chose this episode was because I knew it had plenty of English signs ("Auto-mail" is practically written on every shop in that town).

Please post more pictures of hidden things that you find!

Last edited by Gravi-T; 2004-08-26 at 17:21. Reason: Added some pics and didn't want to double-post :P
Old 2004-09-11, 22:34   Link #12
WristBandMan

Thanks for the interesting shots, Rockin' Alchemist,

There are also some of the funny texts, in the episode where Ed got his FullMetal title (the letter from Fuhrer).

And here's one from Ep 23. Remember that Izumi sensei first appeared on ep 26 (in the hospital) and Ep 27 (after the automail girl episode)? Well, they actually appeared earlier than that in ep 23... where Winry came to fix Ed's automail, and Armstrong is supposed to pick her up at the train station~~~

Old 2004-09-12, 14:54   Link #13
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
And here's one from Ep 23. Remember that Izumi sensei first appeared on ep 26 (in the hospital) and Ep 27 (after the automail girl episode)? Well, they actually appeared earlier than that in ep 23... where Winry came to fix Ed's automail, and Armstrong is supposed to pick her up at the train station~~~
Hehe, well... Actually I didn't notice it the first time I saw that episode, but someone posted the picture in the Episode 23-thread, I think.

MORE HIDDEN STUFF! Please!
Old 2004-09-12, 22:30   Link #14
Migs

Watch episode 46. The scene where Winry explains that cooking is a formula, there is a milk bottle in the table behind her. The cow in the bottle is Arakawa's cow avatar. I'll get the pic when I get the chance.
Old 2004-09-13, 11:19   Link #15
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs
Watch episode 46. The scene where Winry explains that cooking is a formula, there is a milk bottle in the table behind her. The cow in the bottle is Arakawa's cow avatar. I'll get the pic when I get the chance.
Yeah, I noticed that too! I kind of notice a lot of things nowadays.
Closed Thread