AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-08-26, 12:01   Link #1
eternal

Will anyone doing kannazuki no miko?

i'm just wondering if any fansub group here will be doing kannazuki no miko.I'm very looking forward to this shoujo ai anime...i think it's also fantasy similiar to yami to boushi to hon no tabitito("my favourite shoujo ai series,definitely the best).

thx a bunch
eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 12:36   Link #2
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
the drawing style looks alot like the one in Yami...

once again I can only say that we could do it if we had a translator that would like to do it...
TaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 20:18   Link #3
eternal

ow then,plz everyone promote kannazuki no miko!
Old 2004-08-28, 02:52   Link #4
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
ow then,plz everyone promote kannazuki no miko!
First of all, it's Kannaduki no Miko. Secondly, it's hard to promote it when it's not out yet... no trailers, no promos, nothing.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:57   Link #5
wao
OK.

But I thought "Kannazuki no miko" is actually also okay, because when you pronounce "づ" you say "zu" or "dzu" - definitely not "du". Although technically when you put it in the nice table of kana it'd be under "d" and "u", and it's like that on the official site, it's not like "zu" is wrong...

Why not compromise and just type "Kannadzuki no miko" for the hell of it...

But yeah, there hasn't been anything out from it, so unless there are people in sub groups who've read the manga and think it's worth subbing the anime of....
Old 2004-08-28, 09:10   Link #6
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But I thought "Kannazuki no miko" is actually also okay, because when you pronounce "づ" you say "zu" or "dzu" - definitely not "du". Although technically when you put it in the nice table of kana it'd be under "d" and "u", and it's like that on the official site, it's not like "zu" is wrong...

Why not compromise and just type "Kannadzuki no miko" for the hell of it...

But yeah, there hasn't been anything out from it, so unless there are people in sub groups who've read the manga and think it's worth subbing the anime of....
The official site says it's "kannaduki".

http://www.kannaduki.net/

EDIT: Oh, didn't see that comment about the official site. -_-

But anyway, it can be romanized as du, although that's not what is generally used nowadays. "Zu" is the most common romanization of づ.

Last edited by Soulfang; 2004-08-28 at 10:47.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 11:09   Link #7
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
The official site says it's "kannaduki".

http://www.kannaduki.net/

EDIT: Oh, didn't see that comment about the official site. -_-

But anyway, it can be romanized as du, although that's not what is generally used nowadays. "Zu" is the most common romanization of づ.
While I agree that 'zu' probably looks better, it does make it hard to diferentiate づ and ず. But, in order for romaji to flow well, it generally doesn't make it easier to differentiate things. Like shinichirou could be しにちろう or しんいちろう.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 12:10   Link #8
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
First of all, it's Kannaduki no Miko. Secondly, it's hard to promote it when it's not out yet... no trailers, no promos, nothing.
The same way it's Great Teacher Oniduka, right? Good luck getting people to use that particular spelling convention.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 14:13   Link #9
_yeah
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
While I agree that 'zu' probably looks better, it does make it hard to diferentiate づ and ず. But, in order for romaji to flow well, it generally doesn't make it easier to differentiate things. Like shinichirou could be しにちろう or しんいちろう.
I think the romaji systems we use as English-speaking anime fans are considered somewhat superflouous in the eyes of many Japanese. For them, romaji is simply a way of mapping Japanese sounds to roman letters for use in places where direct Japanese text cannot be used (such as a URL). Of course, the same people who would use 'du' for づ are probably the same ones who would use 'ti' for ち. Which... would make no sense to most people who don't know much about Japanese. "What? It doesn't SOUND like ti to me..."

As a community geared towards making anime available to those who have no knowledge of Japanese, I think we should stick to using romanization systems that are easy to comprehend for absolute beginners. Which, yes, means sticking with 'du' would probably do more harm than good.

And yeah, the whole n thing is a bit of a bitch. We have the ' thing. Not everybody remembers to use it. Most of the times we can figure it out from the context (most people who know enough Japanese would probably already assume "Shinichirou" is しんいちろう ), but meh. It gets even funnier with wapuro romaji (sinnnitirou! woo!). What can you do?

Hell, not even digisubbers can agree on how to romanize things. We have translators that prefer jya/jyu/jyo over ja/ju/jo, and keeping "wo" even when it's used as a particle, so trying to figure out what to do with づ is just another facet of it. And before you ask, I don't think we're going to be able to standardize on one system any time soon - translators tend to be a picky bunch.

On a side note, I personally think the best approximation of づ for a beginner is actually 'dsu'. Here, "Kannadsuki". Unfortunately, yeah, it does look somewhat unnatural. Saves a bit of ambiguity.

While it's true that our current bastardized system based loosely on Hepburn with various varations between translators isn't always quite true to Japanese, it's perfectly servicable. I mean, hell, it's better than using some kind of wapuro romaji. (onegai texi-cha- anybody? )

edit: god damned smileys screwing with Unicode characters followed by brackets...

Last edited by _yeah; 2004-08-28 at 14:43.
_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 17:56   Link #10
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
If you compare both, tabibito is the best. The art on this kannazuki no miko series is not that good, and was this series taken from another dating sim?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
i'm just wondering if any fansub group here will be doing kannazuki no miko.I'm very looking forward to this shoujo ai anime...i think it's also fantasy similiar to yami to boushi to hon no tabitito("my favourite shoujo ai series,definitely the best).

thx a bunch
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:12   Link #11
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
If you compare both, tabibito is the best. The art on this kannazuki no miko series is not that good, and was this series taken from another dating sim?!
well, unlike yami to boushi to hon no tabitito's hentai game origin, this series is from a newly started manga series by Kaishaku, whose other work is Steel Angel Kurumi... I think this new mange series just started serializing in this May, so it's a bit surprising that it's turned into an anime this fast...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 23:51   Link #12
K_R
also known as K!

We all know pure Kunrei is the way to go.

People who use Hepburn are lame (unless you're only using to spell your name, then it's OK).
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 10:01   Link #13
eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
We all know pure Kunrei is the way to go.

People who use Hepburn are lame (unless you're only using to spell your name, then it's OK).

hji seichi,hope u'll consider this anime
Old 2004-08-30, 13:02   Link #14
K_R
also known as K!

Unfortunately we are serverely understaffed right now and will not be taking on any new projects for the foreseeable future.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:45   Link #15
Spuffy
オウカ~

I don't know if this is the correct thread, but there was no other thread about this series. The first ep aired today. For the first half of it, I really thought it was some kind of dull Maria sama ga miteiru ripoff and was about to stop watching. Fortunately I didn't, because the secod half of it actually got rather interesting.

Spoiler for Some screenshots if you want to have a look:

Last edited by Spuffy; 2004-10-02 at 01:36. Reason: spelling
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 21:27   Link #16
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Um...this is a weird question, but what are they doing in that pic where they are naked?
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 21:37   Link #17
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Um...this is a weird question, but what are they doing in that pic where they are naked?
What do you THINK they're doing?
Old 2004-10-02, 01:29   Link #18
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
What do you THINK they're doing?
. . . did you watch the same episode I did . . . ? ^^;
Anyways, there were a few parts that seemed a bit too ridiculous, but other than that it was quite fun. Comparing it to marimite is funny because this one's definitely aimed at guys. (The fanservice in the beginning and randomnly near the end was annoying -.-)
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 09:43   Link #19
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
. . . did you watch the same episode I did . . . ? ^^;
'Twas a joke. :P
Old 2004-10-02, 10:05   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
I don't know if this is the correct thread, but there was no other thread about this series. The first ep aired today. For the first half of it, I really thought it was some kind of dull Maria sama ga miteiru ripoff and was about to stop watching. Fortunately I didn't, because the secod half of it actually got rather interesting.

Spoiler for Some screenshots if you want to have a look:
actually... I started a Kannazuki no Miko thread quite some time ago... it's here
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18963

great first episode I have to say! bishoujo, shoujo-ai, big mecha, over-the-top action and drama
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote