AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-29, 22:25   Link #1
xkaai

Doesn't add up?

orochimaru wants a sharingan, but hes been around for over 50 years so he should have been able to take itachi.. i dont get how he was afraid of itachi or something..

considering sasuke was 7 when his family was killed, that would have been just 7 years ago... so its not like orochimaru was a hell of a lot weaker or anything

what i dont get is that itachi was afraid of jiraiya in the anime... however jiraiya and orochimaru seem to match up evenly... so why would orochimaru be afraid of itachi who is uncertain about fighting jiraiya who is about the same level as orochimaru himself?
xkaai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 22:35   Link #2
onizero

maybe he was waiting for itachi to grow up? dont forget that for orochimaru to get the sharingan, he has to take over itachi's body. and that guy only looks for a "beautiful" body as a vessel
onizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 22:38   Link #3
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by onizero
maybe he was waiting for itachi to grow up? dont forget that for orochimaru to get the sharingan, he has to take over itachi's body. and that guy only looks for a "beautiful" body as a vessel
doesnt look like he could have beat the 3rd 7 years ago (thus run through the village with impunity), also we dont know exactly when he figured out how to switch bodies. Then thiers the factor that 7 years ago Itachi was much stronger than sasuke. And for a guy whose techniques are heavily jutsu based a trained sharingan user is his worse enemy.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:03   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaai
orochimaru wants a sharingan, but hes been around for over 50 years so he should have been able to take itachi.. i dont get how he was afraid of itachi or something..
I think Oro's obsession with Sharingan arose recently probably after meeting Itachi. Oro wants to master all the jutsus but he has to learn/develop them while a Sharingan user uses a shortcut which is the ability to copy most jutsus. As we know, Oro's definition of being powerful is someone that knows a lot of jutsus and Oro suspects Itachi knows a lot of jutsus.
Quote:
what i dont get is that itachi was afraid of jiraiya in the anime... however jiraiya and orochimaru seem to match up evenly... so why would orochimaru be afraid of itachi who is uncertain about fighting jiraiya who is about the same level as orochimaru himself?
Itachi was not afraid. Itachi was merely stating that going against Jiraiya-sama will be costly where death could have been the part of that total cost.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:55   Link #5
SOmbody
ナルトの 学生

Send a message via AIM to SOmbody
"what i dont get is that itachi was afraid of jiraiya in the anime... however jiraiya and orochimaru seem to match up evenly... so why would orochimaru be afraid of itachi who is uncertain about fighting jiraiya who is about the same level as orochimaru himself?" Well... Itachi was not exactly affraid of Jiraiya...if I remember he stated that his mission was not to fight but to get Naruto. Things became a little hectic so he just backed off, waiting for a different time to get Naruto. I dont know if im correct but Itachi was a little weakened, since he had to fight and use his mangekyou sharingan against kakashi and them.... then he used it twice to use against Sasuke... and I think that the 3rd time was the limit.. so he was probably low on chakra in his current state or something along those lines. O well.. we will find out later more about Itachi's skills
SOmbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:17   Link #6
kboykb

Quote:

I've been hearing this so much lately.. everyone is taking that just because Itachi fled the battle meant he was afraid.. but he basically wanted to avoid a battle in the condition he was in. Using the Mangekyou sharingan twice wasn't too fun on his chakra.. plus it seems that he likes to avoid unnecessary battles..

*oy the guy above me said it first

But anyway.. let's just wait a bit before we see if Jiraiya and Itachi are even .. (he's already stronger than Oro, he said it himself.) - -
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:21   Link #7
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
hmm...jiraiya was sorta disabled that match ..because of the drug that tsunade snuck into jiraiya's sake..so we dunno wut he's relli capable of...it seems like he's stronger than itachi..nd itachi jus doesnt kno that
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:34   Link #8
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Exclamation

Quote:

considering sasuke was 7 when his family was killed, that would have been just 7 years ago... so its not like orochimaru was a hell of a lot weaker or anything

1]When jiraiya & orochimaru fought they were both HANDICAPPED,also kabuto helped him do seals.

2]Jiraiya called orochimaru seal MESSY!

3]Itachi and kisame were talking about the nine tails(i think) NOT JIRAIYA!!!

4]Orochimaru said himself that Itachi is stronger than him and he normally underestimates people eg.he lost his arms fighting the third.So this means
Itachi is more than just a bit stronger than orochimaru.

5]When Itachi and kisame were talking,kisame said that itachi was the leafs number one,even though itachi left the viilage.So kisame probalbly included the sanins.
ace firefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:35   Link #9
xyrrus

I think it was only recently although not too recent that Oro wanted Sasuke and the Sharingan. Remember the flashback of Oro being caught by the 3rd where Enma was summoned. That was when Oro was trying to learn the forbidden technique to become immortal and at that time I think Itachi was probably already a Chuunin or ANBU.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 05:19   Link #10
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
Jiraya and Oro was both disabled in their fight and Jiraya had to worry abt Naruto and Tsunade and everyone there while fighting Oro because of Kabuto presences.
so it wasnt a total fair matchup.
Itachi was talking abt the nine-tails? i always thot it was Jiraya. maybe its mistranslation. but it should be abt Jiraya still cause from what i read its still seem to feel that Itachi was talking abt Jiraya. and the nine-tails althou strong was still sealed. and Itachi could take out Naruto rather easily. so i rather think that Jiraya was the main threat, maybe Itachi was jus worried abt not fighting in the best condition. or maybe Jiraya was really THAT strong. he DID trapped Itachi in his jutsu. or MAYBE INANE TRANSLATED the whole chapter WRONGLY. haha joking joking.
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 11:21   Link #11
Mezu
The Guardian

following the anime, orochimaru went through 2 bodies (3 years a piece), so he mastered the immortal jutsu 6 years or so before the attack on konoha. His thrid body was gonna be
Spoiler:
So we can say that Orochimaru's obsession in the sharingan took place 1(most likely)-2 years before the attack on konoha. By this time Itachi already had mange and several other mange related jutsu's that are amazing and all the ones he probably copied from other ninjas. Now i forgot what i was talking about... oh yes, with this conclusion we can say that orochimaru only had interest in the sharingan recently (1-2 years before the attack on Konoha).
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 15:50   Link #12
Bonta
I am u and u r not me

Oruchimaru is affraid of Itach and he even said it. dont remeber which ep.
Bonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 16:13   Link #13
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Along with sharingan Orochimaru needs a "beatiful vessel"

In other words, he is not just going to transplat the eye the way Kakakshi did because then he wouldnt be able to use mangekyo sharingan or any other uber jutsus.

Instead Oro wants the sharignan along with a genius talented body because it is that body that he will be using to fight and steal all his jutsus.

Thats why he wants sasuke and Itachi. Because they are the most talented.

Also, i dont think Orochimaru had that jutsu of his back in the day. The body stealing jutsu is something relatively new he invented
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 22:34   Link #14
chamelean75

The reason why Oro didn't go after Sasuke when he was 7 was because Sasuke didn't gain the sharingan until he was 12 when he was fighting Haku. Basically, without the sharingan, Sasuke is your normal top genin.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 06:47   Link #15
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I think Oro's obsession with Sharingan arose recently probably after meeting Itachi. Oro wants to master all the jutsus but he has to learn/develop them while a Sharingan user uses a shortcut which is the ability to copy most jutsus. As we know, Oro's definition of being powerful is someone that knows a lot of jutsus and Oro knows Itachi knows a lot of jutsus.
I agree with you on the fact that Orochimaru most proberbly developed an intrest in the Uchiha Sharingan recently.IMO,the Uchiha are a very infamous clan,and should have been around even before Orochimaru & the Third,but considering that fact that Orochimaru didn't turn renegade after a period of time,he most likely didn't develop the notion to 'go get a Sharingan' too early on.Also considering the fact that Orochimaru wanted to learn the 'forbidden Jutsu'(*'Body-posessing?Sorries for my incompetant memory & spelling skills *) to learn every Jutsu in excistence and also every to create new Jutsu and master them as well,thus he should only develop intrest in the Sharingan after he developed the notion of learning every Jutsu in the first place this led to the usage of the term 'recently'.
I think the reason why he wants Itachi is due,firstly,to the fact that Itachi is pretty.(* *)Secondly,and this's only a theory, i think Orochimaru wants Itahci because of his consciousness as well.This is due to the fact that the opposite party of the forbidden Jutsu's conscious would still excist as fragments in the user's(*in this case the user being Orochimaru*) mind.This fact may thus provide Orochimaru more insight on various Jutsu from Itachi's point of view.
Spoiler for YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THIS,ITS A BIG SPOILER:

- By the way....
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Jiraiya-sama
'Jiraiya-sama? (*NoOffense*)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 11:16   Link #16
FearTheMullet

We haven't seen all that much of Jirayia fighting, and even if Itachi was weakened, he still said he rather not fight Jirayia. Based on that fact its fair to assume Jirayia is strong. If it were Itachi now (in his prime) fighting Jirayia in his prime (not the 50 year old perverted geezer :P) then I think Jirayia would win. But thats just me. Anyway, I forgot what this thread was about.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:17   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
I think the reason why he wants Itachi is due,firstly,to the fact that Itachi is pretty.(* *)
Can't argue against that although it has been established that Oro-sama prefers them young. Also unlike Sasuke-kun, I am sure Itachi-san couldn't be swayed so easilly to receive Oro-sama's prized bite, even if he was at Sasuke-kun's age. Its a pity Sakura-chan doesn't have any chance now that her competition is none other than Oro-sama.
Quote:
Secondly,and this's only a theory, i think Orochimaru wants Itahci because of his consciousness as well.This is due to the fact that the opposite party of the forbidden Jutsu's conscious would still excist as fragments in the user's(*in this case the user being Orochimaru*) mind.This fact may thus provide Orochimaru more insight on various Jutsu from Itachi's point of view.
Good theory!
Quote:
- By the way....'Jiraiya-sama? (*NoOffense*)
None taken. Respect needs to be shown where it is deserving. Jiraiya-sama just happen to meet the profile.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:25   Link #18
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Itachi's definately stronger and cooler looking than oro but im not sure about 7 years ago. He was an ANBU member after all.
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote