AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 15:59   Link #1
ddr_2

The anti-Itachi thread

Ok is anyone tired of everyone always saying that Itachi is the best guy ever? I bet there are lots of nin stronger than him like Jiraiya.
ddr_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 16:28   Link #2
Redeem
Iron Spidey

I don't think he is the strongest Ninja... because if he were he would be the leader of Akasutsi (<---I dont remenber how is spell) but so far he could be the strongest Ninja show in the anime... because Orochimaru said that Itachi is stronger than him, and Orochimaru (100%) and Jiraiya (100%), I think they have equal power...
Redeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 16:45   Link #3
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I don't think he'd be the leader of Akatsuki even if he is stronger than the current one. It's not uncommon for younger members to defer to older ones, even if they have greater power.

I don't care much for Itachi, myself, but the reason people say he's the best guy ever is because that's what Kishimoto aluded to. Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, who is supposedly on par with Jiraiya, whom Itachi is leery about fighting. I personally think Jiraiya in top shape is stronger than Orochimaru in top shape, so I'm taking liberties in saying that Jiraiya and Itachi are at the same ability level.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 17:15   Link #4
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I don't think he'd be the leader of Akatsuki even if he is stronger than the current one. It's not uncommon for younger members to defer to older ones, even if they have greater power.

I don't care much for Itachi, myself, but the reason people say he's the best guy ever is because that's what Kishimoto aluded to. Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, who is supposedly on par with Jiraiya, whom Itachi is leery about fighting. I personally think Jiraiya in top shape is stronger than Orochimaru in top shape, so I'm taking liberties in saying that Jiraiya and Itachi are at the same ability level.
Kishimoto makes it seem that Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi... They fight in a certain way, his style is bad for Itachi. Oro should be equal to Jiraiay in terms of strength(but not will power, Jiraiya is like Naruto in keep on going).
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 17:39   Link #5
yanoch
French, english NOOB

About oro

manga spoiler

Spoiler:
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 17:51   Link #6
xavier8200

Im not sick of itachi, personally i havent seen enough of him to make a judgement. I think that you may change your mind when we learn more about him. If there was an arc that focused on the akatsuki and itachi, maybe we could learn more about his personality.

As for The dreaded Itachi, Jiraiya, Tsunade argument.

I cast my vote for Jiraiya being the strongest of them all. I base this on the fact that he has threatened to kill all three of them and he wouldnt say something like that unless he was going to do it. The conversation that Itachi had with Kisame about Jiraiya and how if they all fought there would be a stalemate or however the translation goes (ive heard many versions) Jiraiya seems to be stronger than Itachi.

And of course the Oro and Itachi arguement. I think that oro meant thatitachi is stronger because of his limitless capacity to understand and bust out jutsus. To oro, Itachi and Sasuke have limitless potential due to that pesky sharingan.

So i dont know thats just my spin, but the arguement could go in any direction.

Spoiler:
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 18:04   Link #7
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeem
I don't think he is the strongest Ninja... because if he were he would be the leader of Akasutsi
1. There's never been anything mentioned about him _not_ being a leader
2. I would guess that Akatsuki doesnt have a leader.
3. It's not always the strongest person that is the leader.
Spoiler:
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 19:19   Link #8
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
1. There's never been anything mentioned about him _not_ being a leader
2. I would guess that Akatsuki doesnt have a leader.
3. It's not always the strongest person that is the leader.
Spoiler:
1. There was mentioned that he was taking order from a higher rank.
2. The whole teams of 2, say 4 teams, making 8, and 1 being the leader could make sense. But etiher way if it doesn't have a leader, it has ranks. And Itachi isn't the highest rank.
3. That is true.
Old 2004-09-05, 19:25   Link #9
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Kishimoto makes it seem that Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi... They fight in a certain way, his style is bad for Itachi. Oro should be equal to Jiraiay in terms of strength
But Oro says that Itachi is stronger than him. I guess you're right in that perhaps Jiraiya's fighting style is harder for Itachi to handle, whereas this is not the case for Orochimaru.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 19:32   Link #10
Jurassic

As much as i hate to admitt it....I think itachi is stronger than Jiraiya.

Jiraiya challenged itachi thinking he could win...but this was when itachis chakra was low...So Jiraiya probably assumed that he could beat him while weakened. Not only this, he also clearly under estimated Itachi. When he used the Toads esophagus move, he didnt expect itachi to be able to escape but he did.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 20:13   Link #11
Kadius
Lemon Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Kadius
Jiraiya might be able to beat Itachi because they differ so much in fighting styles. But who knows.

I'd wager that the Akatsuki organization doesn't have a leader and that they go by 'general concensus' or vote on things. Kind of like the round table, but for criminals...

Yeah. I'll be going now. *runs*
Kadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 21:19   Link #12
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadius
Jiraiya might be able to beat Itachi because they differ so much in fighting styles. But who knows.

I'd wager that the Akatsuki organization doesn't have a leader and that they go by 'general concensus' or vote on things. Kind of like the round table, but for criminals...

Yeah. I'll be going now. *runs*
no, the do have a leader,itachi says they were ordered by the upper echelons to capture naruto.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 21:27   Link #13
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

I don't hate Itachi. In fact, I like the guy. Anyone who's willing to murder his entire family except for his little brother, just so he can test his capacity makes him a top-notch individual. That lack of emotion and remorse for murdering his parents and delivering the type of mindfuck to his brother that would make a CIA agent cream his pants, makes Itachi such a loved and endearing character.

There are very few characters in fiction that pull at the heart strings like Itachi. Here is a guy, who at a very young age, knew that he was meant for bigger and better things. But his clan conspired against him, held him down, kept him from striving towards his ultimate potential. They used meaningless words like honor, family, respect, and loyalty to guilt him into staying in the clan, knowing full well that by doing so he would never be able to better himself. They could never understand how horrible it must have been for him. How he had to live day in and day out in the shadow of a clan, who quite frankly, paled in comparison to our beloved hero. Yes, Itachi is a hero. Despite incredible odds against him, he found the fortitude deep within himself to break free of the Uchiha opression. He denied the fate his clan thrust upon him and through death and mayhem and the utter decimation of the Uchiha clan, paved the way to a future where anything is possible. A future where he is his own master, where the only needs he must concern himself with are his own.

A future that holds the promise of...greatness.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:05   Link #14
DAyGO

Send a message via AIM to DAyGO Send a message via MSN to DAyGO Send a message via Yahoo to DAyGO
Itachis is the strongest nin...
if he isnt right now.. its cause hes 17.. (18)
hes a 17 year old more powerfull than kakashi..and more powerfull(or almost as) powerfull as the three legendary nins
when he gets 30 i dont care who u are..
unless ur naruto
DAyGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:43   Link #15
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAyGO
hes a 17 year old more powerfull than kakashi..and more powerfull(or almost as) powerfull as the three legendary nins
unless ur naruto
Well, who knows, it doesn't look like Itachi will have a very high life expectancy considering there are quite a few ppl that are bent on killing him.

For that matter, I doubt ninjas is a vocation that ppl get into without realizing that the life expectancy is low.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:17   Link #16
ddr_2

itachi isnt as strong as the three legendary nin because in ep 82 or 83 or sumthin itachi even admits to kisame that even if they get more people that they wouldnt be able 2 defeat jiraya
ddr_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 00:08   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Socomberetta summed Itachi up nicely with some added humor that also has some truth to it. So many people likes Itachi for those reasons alone Socomberetta surmised. It's a shame you can't appreciate a good villain. I am also shocked that Niney isn't here to add his thoughts.

Its good to know you are a Jiraiya fan but making him appear stronger so early in the series when facts are not that clear is sort of foolish. Itachi isn't underestimating a legendary Sannin. That's all. He thought, fighting Jiraiya at that time would be foolish since it had to be a fight to the finish where the end result would one or both of them ending up dead. That wouldn't accomplish Itachi's original goal which is to get Naruto. Rewatch the episode and Itachi deserves the hype.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 00:20   Link #18
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAyGO
unless ur naruto
First of all he isn't the strongest.

So yes he is 17 or 18. And by the way Kakashi is only 26. But as someone said, he might not live long enough... And there are those who reach their peak at a younger age. They excel then suddenly stop growing. To assume he will continue to grow at a large rate is just that, an assumption, even to assume that he will continue to grow.
Old 2004-09-06, 00:37   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_2
itachi isnt as strong as the three legendary nin because in ep 82 or 83 or sumthin itachi even admits to kisame that even if they get more people that they wouldnt be able 2 defeat jiraya
In the translation I have, he said that even having other people wouldn't make a difference in the fight since jiraiya is a sannin. In the same translation itachi said he could possibly win, but it might cost him his life or something like that. Itachi retreated from jiraiya's reputation, not jiraiya himself, because he wasn't prepared to risk his life to abduct Naruto. Itachi has no clue how he compares to jiraiya, so he was taking the prudent course and not risking a fight with one of the sannin. The actual strength of the characters mattered little in Itachi's decision.
We really have no clue how they compare either. Maybe jiraiya's stronger. Maybe Itachi's stronger. The only hint we have is Oro saying Itachi is stronger than himself, but since Oro's proven to be a bad judge of ability, and sees strength in terms of number of jutsu known, this isn't very reliable.

In any event Itachi's real reason for retreating was not wanting to kill his favorite author.
Old 2004-09-06, 00:55   Link #20
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
In the translation I have, he said that even having other people wouldn't make a difference in the fight since jiraiya is a sannin. In the same translation itachi said he could possibly win, but it might cost him his life or something like that. Itachi retreated from jiraiya's reputation, not jiraiya himself, because he wasn't prepared to risk his life to abduct Naruto. Itachi has no clue how he compares to jiraiya, so he was taking the prudent course and not risking a fight with one of the sannin. The actual strength of the characters mattered little in Itachi's decision.
We really have no clue how they compare either. Maybe jiraiya's stronger. Maybe Itachi's stronger. The only hint we have is Oro saying Itachi is stronger than himself, but since Oro's proven to be a bad judge of ability, and sees strength in terms of number of jutsu known, this isn't very reliable.

In any event Itachi's real reason for retreating was not wanting to kill his favorite author.
Orochimaru, a bad judge of ability? I donno if you want to keep that point around in this forum if you don't want to get flamed.

LoLz. It seems well established that Orochimaru is a good judge of ability in this forum.

(Suggestion: Reword it )
EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote