AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-20, 19:17   Link #1
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Wy does Naruto consider the Rasengan his ultimate move?

Naruto has said, several times (I believe), that the Rasengan is his ultimate move but wouldn't you think that Gamabunta is more powerful? I mean, why not use him to capture Sasuke, or something...

Oh well. There really are no shortages of plot holes in Naruto but I still love the series, nonetheless...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 19:32   Link #2
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
Naruto has said, several times (I believe), that the Rasengan is his ultimate move but wouldn't you think that Gamabunta is more powerful? I mean, why not use him to capture Sasuke, or something...

Oh well. There really are no shortages of plot holes in Naruto but I still love the series, nonetheless...
Gamabunta ISN'T A MOVE!! Gamabunta is a living creature!

Also, WTF?! Why would you use a 50 FOOT TALL FROG to capture a TWELVE YEAR OLD BOY?! Can anyone say fucking overkill?!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 19:46   Link #3
Suiken-Of-Lee
SSEENNNPUUUUU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Gamabunta ISN'T A MOVE!! Gamabunta is a living creature!

Also, WTF?! Why would you use a 50 FOOT TALL FROG to capture a TWELVE YEAR OLD BOY?! Can anyone say fucking overkill?!
In addition with this, Im pretty sure that if Naruto summoned Gamabunta, Gamabunta would be angry. He'd pretty much step on Naruto and hop off into the distance.
Suiken-Of-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:04   Link #4
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Not to mention it's hard to fight a guy so small with a huge guy like Gamabunta.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:25   Link #5
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

The rasengan is more reliable than the summoning jutsu.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:32   Link #6
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:

Manga reading spoilers:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:38   Link #7
Yakushi-san

I think Gamabunta could capture Sasuke with his giant toungue if he really saw the need, but I think there are reasons why Naruto didn't. Maybe he was still on for the "fight as equal shinobi of Konoha", and summoning Gama-bigass wouldn't be equal at all.

Anyway, I don't think Gamabunta would refuse to do what Naruto said. Gamabunta has acknowledged Naruto as his subordinate, and will do what Naruto sees fit, no questions asked.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:44   Link #8
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
Anyway, I don't think Gamabunta would refuse to do what Naruto said. Gamabunta has acknowledged Naruto as his subordinate, and will do what Naruto sees fit, no questions asked.
Yeah, right. No questions asked? You must be joking.

Gamabunta: Hey naruto...What the fuck? Why did you summon me to take care of a 12 year old? Aren't you a man?!

Naruto: No sir, gamabunta. Please do this for me.

Gamabunta: Hell no you piece of shit!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:49   Link #9
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Yeah, right. No questions asked? You must be joking.

Gamabunta: Hey naruto...What the fuck? Why did you summon me to take care of a 12 year old? Aren't you a man?!

Naruto: No sir, gamabunta. Please do this for me.

Gamabunta: Hell no you piece of shit!
Wow, that was very convincing...

Anyway, Gamabunta would probably understand that Naruto must be needing serious help, otherwise he wouldn't summon him.
Old 2004-10-20, 20:51   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I think you somewhat completely misunderstood what a relation boss-subordinate is.

Gamabunta's persona is a Yakuza, he's the oyabun of his family and Naruto is merely his kobun.
If Naruto summons Gamabunta just because he's fighting with a mere brat like Sasuke, he would probably have to cut his own finger in reparation for that
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 20:58   Link #11
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I think you somewhat completely misunderstood what a relation boss-subordinate is.

Gamabunta's persona is a Yakuza, he's the oyabun of his family and Naruto is merely his kobun.
If Naruto summons Gamabunta just because he's fighting with a mere brat like Sasuke, he would probably have to cut his own finger in reparation for that
That does sound like something Manda would demand...

But I think Gamabunta understands that if Naruto summons him to fight a brat like Sasuke, there's something REALLY special about this boy, and he must be really important.

If Gamabunta doesn't helt Naruto when he says he needs it, Gamabunta is just a waste of an absurd amount of space.
Old 2004-10-20, 21:08   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
That does sound like something Manda would demand...
No, Manda would feel so ashamed to be called for a petty stuff like that that he would probably start to kill your whole family, friends and pets before eating you.

Quote:
But I think Gamabunta understands that if Naruto summons him to fight a brat like Sasuke, there's something REALLY special about this boy, and he must be really important.

If Gamabunta doesn't helt Naruto when he says he needs it, Gamabunta is just a waste of an absurd amount of space.
The fact is that nobody control Gamabunta, it's rather the opposite actually
Not even Jiraiya who even prefered to leave when he saw that Naruto summoned him because he's too troublesome to dealt with whereas they know each other since dozens years.

Gamabunta hasn't to obey to Naruto, he can help if he wants to and if the situation obviously need no-one but the Frog's Godfather.
If not you just have to summon another of his subordinate to help you, not the big boss.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:12   Link #13
Kayess
Guy From Canada

I am going to go out on a limb here.. but I think the reason why Naruto considers the rasengan to be his ultimate move, beyond the obvious reason that it is his ultimate move, is because the creator of the manga wanted it to be like that.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 23:08   Link #14
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
I am going to go out on a limb here.. but I think the reason why Naruto considers the rasengan to be his ultimate move, beyond the obvious reason that it is his ultimate move, is because the creator of the manga wanted it to be like that.
Well, there you have it! Let's concider the discussion over, shall we?

Oh, how is that "beyond the obvious reason"? I'd think that IS the obvious reason.

Anyway, post that on all the silly question threads. Maybe we can cut short some lame ones
Old 2004-10-20, 23:26   Link #15
kazumaofshellbullet

Quote:
Naruto still doesn't have the complete hold of all the chakra thats needed to summon gamabunta for one thing. Whenever naruto summons gamabunta, he used kyubi chakra and even after using the kyubi chakra naruto was almost completely drained after summoning him which leaves him in a very vulnerable state if gamabunta decides not to help out naruto. Also jiraiya told naruto that rasengan is a much more powerful jutsu than chidori.

Last thing is that big boss summons are your last resort for survival/victory and you need a pretty good reason to summon them. Manda is so bad that even if his supposed master is in trouble, he won't help him out unless the master decides to give sacrifices to manda.

Quote:
Sure there are plot holes in the storyline but some of them can be tied up later on in the storyline if kishimoto actually wanted to.
kazumaofshellbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 02:46   Link #16
katon
Some random dude

It's a less hassle to do the Rasengan than summon eveyrtime, haha.

Naruto should now make a new ulimate move. Kage bunshin and then rasegngan. Hey common! He did it in episode 104! Haha.
Old 2004-10-21, 07:06   Link #17
indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess

really i think this guy allready answered the question, and i wonder why people still replied after reading: the only correct answer
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 10:09   Link #18
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
really i think this guy allready answered the question, and i wonder why people still replied after reading: the only correct answer
My point exactly!
Old 2004-10-21, 10:20   Link #19
lotus_lee

Well, maybe he considers the Rasengan as the more 'ultimate' move than Kage Bunshin no Jutsu because a lot of ninja seem to know KBnJ but only the 4th Hokage and Jiraiya know the Rasengan. Plus, he was glad to have finally learnt a technique similar to that of Sasuke's Chidori.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 15:44   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Naruto can't be confident about his summoning: he failed to summon Gamabunta every time he tried it and his life was not in danger. When he succeded were situations when he was about to die.
And when has he tried to use summoning jutsu? Only when he knew that the opponent is much more stronger then him (transformed Gaara, Orochimaru, Kisame+Itachi). He never tried to use it when he was confident about his strength, this is Naruto's personality. He did not use it against Neji, he was confident to win on his own. And even if his succes rate of summoning Gamabunta was 100% he would not do it, he is the one that jumps in a battle with no plan, that's our "stupid" Naruto.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote