AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-08, 00:24   Link #1
Stickels
Just passing by

Chuunin problem?

Okay, so Chuunins are supposed to be leaders of a group right?

and seeing how the only rank below them are genins it would seem that the only thing they could be leaders of are genins.

but as we've seen the Genins all seem to be in little groups of three with a Jounin leader who trains them and stuff.

and then there are Jounins, who are the top rank, but if Chuunins are leaders then where does that leave Jounins?

and if Genins aren't supposed to get any of the harder mission, but Chuunins are, when a mission comes that Chuunins can go on but Genins can't would it just be a group of Chuunins? and if all the Chuunins are leaders wouldn't that cause problems?

maybe I'm just misunderstanding this, but it seems to be an ill thought out system to me.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:34   Link #2
eLstar
(^_^)v

This is speculation on my part:

Quote:
if Chuunins are leaders then where does that leave Jounins?
1. Chuunins aren't just leaders, there the main troop sof the army as you can compare it too. They do everything from teach, lead, to train. High Level Chuunins can be in the ANBU, mediocre chuunins can teach, and regular chuunins can go on regular everyday missions. But it's the Jounins that are given the harder tasks such as A class to S class missions, and training whiny new ninja brats fresh from the academy.

Quote:
when a mission comes that Chuunins can go on but Genins can't would it just be a group of Chuunins? and if all the Chuunins are leaders wouldn't that cause problems?
Yeah I'm pretty sure they go in groups of 4 or higher depending on the mission, and even if they are all capable of being leaders the most qualified one of the bunch is most likely to lead the expedition.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:43   Link #3
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

To answer your question chuunin are like army captain and jounin are more like major and general.

I do know that you won't see a real general train the newly arrived rookie but that's why it's an anime

Like Dranz said when it come to mission they are prolly in group of 4 like jounins and i don't think they must chose who is the "leader" since it's always better to have one but since they all have leaders abilities they all know what they must do.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 01:41   Link #4
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Many things are ill-thought out in the Naruto world, but maybe it's just me...

Anyway, I'm gonna go with Dranz' theory as well.

I'd like to add, though, that I think the Genins leave the Jounin's care pretty early on. I would guess that the Jounin stays with the group for about a year or so, then leaves to train new Genin or resume their duties. The change may also take place after the Chuunin exam; whoever doesn't pass is still a Genin, yet doesn't really need the supervision anymore.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 03:53   Link #5
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
chuunins teach the young aspiring ninja's who havn't past the school yet...but i'm sure its not like ,, when u become chuunin then they just thrust u into leading or teaching any1... its probly a gradual step

chuunins are leaders in a way that they r not under jounin leadership anymore .. they can now lead there own team .. but that doesn't mean they will stop having a teacher or anything ... u still learn and are still taught.... its just that they can go on misions by them selfs now ..but its not like they are much more difficult misions

and from what i remember ... geenins do D rank misions , very very rarely do C rand missions i think, only if it is an easy C rank ... chuunins do C and maybe B.... and Jounins do B and A

i belive thats it
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:19   Link #6
archzai

hey dranz
wut is ur new avatar from? :P
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:45   Link #7
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
Okay, so Chuunins are supposed to be leaders of a group right
No, Chuunins are supposed to be Academy teachers, as far as we've seen. Jounins are supposed to be leaders of a team.

Quote:
and seeing how the only rank below them are genins it would seem that the only thing they could be leaders of are genins.

but as we've seen the Genins all seem to be in little groups of three with a Jounin leader who trains them and stuff.

and then there are Jounins, who are the top rank, but if Chuunins are leaders then where does that leave Jounins?
It's a Jounin who runs a team, and not a Chuunin, as far as we've seen. Of course there could be special cases, but it's not normal to have a Chuunin run a team.

Spoiler:

And as Dranz-san said, normal Chuunins are assigned with B-rank and C-rank missions. S-rank and A-rank are handed by Jounins.

Quote:
and if Genins aren't supposed to get any of the harder mission, but Chuunins are, when a mission comes that Chuunins can go on but Genins can't would it just be a group of Chuunins? and if all the Chuunins are leaders wouldn't that cause problems?

maybe I'm just misunderstanding this, but it seems to be an ill thought out system to me.
Since it's not normal to have Chuunins as senseis, if it was a Chuunin only-mission, the ANBU would probably take care of it. Only a small part of Chuunins teach at the Academy, the major part of Chuunins are in the ANBU. And for the Jounins, it wouldn't cause any problem. If Kakashi was called for an urgent mission, all Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke could do is wait, or train on their on.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:57   Link #8
wnkryo
HainShodan

Just want to ask a question since it has to do with chuunin and all; Does Naruto ever become a chuunin in the manga? And if he doesn't does he still get as strong as a high level chuunin?
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 12:24   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Just want to ask a question since it has to do with chuunin and all; Does Naruto ever become a chuunin in the manga? And if he doesn't does he still get as strong as a high level chuunin?
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-09, 18:32   Link #10
Stickels
Just passing by

I could have sworn they said that chuunins are the leaders of a team somewhere in the chuunin exam...

*goes off to look for it*
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 18:35   Link #11
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
I could have sworn they said that chuunins are the leaders of a team somewhere in the chuunin exam...

*goes off to look for it*
Well, it's wrong, or at least it should be.
Kakashi, Gai, Baki, Kurenai, Asuma. They're all Jounins, and they run a team. As we've seen so far, there's no Chuunin runing a 3-genin team, so it's safe to say that's a Jounin job
Old 2003-12-09, 19:14   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Chuunin can be leader in a team of chuunin during a mission.

There is just not enough Jounin to be the leader of all the teams of chuunin.

But like Vicious said, I don't think that the chuunin can run a team of genin, this seem to be a Jounin job.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 00:38   Link #13
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

alright im pretty sure it works like this
jounin= high lvl nins they run 3 gennin teams and do S/A and mabye some hard B rank missions can also be anbu or hunter nins but if they are are usually the captins of their squads
chuunin=mid lvl nins they can be the widest variety of things they can teach apparently do paper work for the kage they foucus on B/C rank missions stonger chuunin can be anbu or hunter nins Kisimoto says i dont know where but says that they are the captins of the ninja armies they lead squads of gennin or other chuunin on missions and in war
gennin=low lvl ninja relatively easy to become do D/C rank missions trained in three man teams by jounin senseis very rarely are of any importance
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:11   Link #14
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
did nobody read my post ??? i could have swore i gave people the answers they r asking againthey r to a team leader.. of there team
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote