AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-11, 20:12   Link #1
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
A Way to save the Generic Pilots

For weaker Models (Zakus, other Cannon Fodder) that always die (I know they're stock characters, but they have lives!), shouldn't they just use a Remote Control to pilot them? I can see why they wouldn't do it for an expensive Gundam with a decent pilot, since they live most of the time =/ and if they hack the communication line, they could control it as well >_< But those poor generic pilots always die (quite easily too) it feels like they're just throwing their lives away =.= You'd think the teams would know by now, a Zaku with an average pilot = Certain Death vs. a decent Gundam with a better pilot. Robots are replacable, Humans aren't! Especially if they're waging war in space, they shouldn't be wasting their Crew's lives like this >_>

And the generic engineers deserve to die because they're failed clones
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 20:22   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I don't know what you've been smoking, but god damn I need some
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 20:55   Link #3
Cerberus911

Thing is, no one cares about them so they might as well die to reduce the world population
Cerberus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 21:00   Link #4
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Minovsky particles on the battlefield jam your standard remote controls; the most efficient way is to use psycho-commu system to control remote weaponry, and only Newtypes (who are usually already deadly pilots to begin with) can use them, and why bother having a whole Mobile Suit squadron that are just HUGE targets for the enemies when you can just have a dozen or so quick and agile funnels for all-range attack?

The whole concept of puppet MS is not a bad one, but watch Gundam X and Gundam W, and you'll see that it lends itself to a certain degree of abuse...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 21:05   Link #5
Depresionist

But if you're putting out Cannon fodder, you might as well just sacrifice a hunk of metal rather than a Human Being within it >_> This isn't about piloting Gundams in general. Maybe program it to run a course around the enemy, distracting it. Those generic guys were pretty cool, they had names XD
Old 2004-11-11, 23:31   Link #6
Riyan
Wrath Incarnate

To quote past a gundam character...

'Mobile Doll DANA!'

Its been done. I call a maximum of 6 cliches per gundam series. We have the perpetual red gundam, the accompanying Char-alike, the masked menace, the Voltron gundam, the big earth-destroying gun, and the two characters connected by destiny. Sorry. no room for remote-controlled mobile suits.
Riyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 23:36   Link #7
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
For weaker Models (Zakus, other Cannon Fodder) that always die (I know they're stock characters, but they have lives!), shouldn't they just use a Remote Control to pilot them? I can see why they wouldn't do it for an expensive Gundam with a decent pilot, since they live most of the time =/ and if they hack the communication line, they could control it as well >_< But those poor generic pilots always die (quite easily too) it feels like they're just throwing their lives away =.= You'd think the teams would know by now, a Zaku with an average pilot = Certain Death vs. a decent Gundam with a better pilot. Robots are replacable, Humans aren't! Especially if they're waging war in space, they shouldn't be wasting their Crew's lives like this >_>

Actually Gundams are stronger normal Moblie suits. Obviously the Gundam pilots also are stronger generic pilots. However, some "generic" pilots are good such as........
If remote control was used (we can't see the great battles.), then what about in Formula One?
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 23:39   Link #8
Depresionist

Guess we'll have to watch more Generic People/Clones die =/ Not enough Generic-Pilot fans out there I see.
Old 2004-11-12, 00:39   Link #9
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyan
To quote past a gundam character...

'Mobile Doll DANA!'

Its been done. I call a maximum of 6 cliches per gundam series. We have the perpetual red gundam, the accompanying Char-alike, the masked menace, the Voltron gundam, the big earth-destroying gun, and the two characters connected by destiny. Sorry. no room for remote-controlled mobile suits.
Well in Gundam Wing they had those mobile dolls.
and another cliches i noticed is Start in space then down on earth then back up in space.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 07:16   Link #10
blueskies

Anything could happen in space , if the enemies knows about "Remote Control"
they could easily disable the robot , and in the end "keeping them" so , adding to their strength , and robot are created by humans for a reason

in truth , humans are stronger than robot. it's just that we are darn lazy to maximise our full potential

Humans could do stuff that robots cant

by the way if you say generic it could lead to clone , so by right . they aint really humans , just some toy people create to fight/play
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 11:24   Link #11
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
Well in Gundam Wing they had those mobile dolls.
and another cliches i noticed is Start in space then down on earth then back up in space.
Well, we have

W = Start on earth -> go to space -> back on earth -> back to space
X = Start on earth -> go to space (apparently not enough time for an extra trip)
V = Start on earth -> go to space -> back on earth -> back to space -> last battle on Earth (Angel Halo)
Turn A = Start on earth -> go to space(moon) -> back on earth

These series do not start in space, unless you count Heero's entry to earth should count as start in space. And I think Turn A and V the only Gundam TV series that ends on Earth.

Last edited by bohemian; 2004-11-12 at 23:10.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 12:57   Link #12
Blaat

Technically speaking both X and V ends on Earth as the final shot took place on the planet
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:36   Link #13
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
But if you're putting out Cannon fodder, you might as well just sacrifice a hunk of metal rather than a Human Being within it >_> This isn't about piloting Gundams in general. Maybe program it to run a course around the enemy, distracting it. Those generic guys were pretty cool, they had names XD
To put it simply, the pilot is probably cheaper than the remote control system. Not to mention the piloting ability would go down if they used remote controls since the pilots wouldn't be as engaged in what was going on around them. Adrenaline and all that stuff.

As somebody else already mentioned: Gundam Wing. War just isn't all that interesting when you're watching lifeless machines get blown up.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:39   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

The mindless drones die for one reason

THE BLOOD GODS REQUIRE THEIR LIFE, IF THEY DO NOT GET THEIR BLOODY SACRIFICES THEN THEY SHALL RISE UP FROM THE NETHER WORLD AND WROUGHT UNHOLY VENGANCE UPON THINE PATHETIC MORTAL LIVES.

BWAYAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2004-11-12, 15:46   Link #15
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Also, you must satisfy the need of soldiers...some WANT to rush to the front lines and fight for their cause, ya know?
Old 2004-11-12, 18:49   Link #16
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Actually Gundams are stronger normal Moblie suits. Obviously the Gundam pilots also are stronger generic pilots. However, some "generic" pilots are good such as........

That a "Gundam" must be stronger isn't true, at all. During the OYW Zeon fielded prototypes that were beyond the RX-78-2, the Gelgoog even matched it in all areas except armor and was probably a lot more agile. In Chars Counterattack, the Sazabi is a superior suit to the Nu Gundam.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 19:13   Link #17
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Gel'Goog fucking pwns.

Its Beam Rifle is just as, if not stronger then most if not all Federation models, and its beam Halbard is just sweet.
Old 2004-11-12, 19:42   Link #18
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
That a "Gundam" must be stronger isn't true, at all. During the OYW Zeon fielded prototypes that were beyond the RX-78-2, the Gelgoog even matched it in all areas except armor and was probably a lot more agile. In Chars Counterattack, the Sazabi is a superior suit to the Nu Gundam.
I still believe even to this day that if Kampfer didn't waste nearly all its ammunitions on those GMs and GunCannons, it could've wasted Alex (even without a beam rifle). But then again, Mikhail is a pretty darn good pilot while Chris is...umm...unproven?
Old 2004-11-12, 23:06   Link #19
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
In Chars Counterattack, the Sazabi is a superior suit to the Nu Gundam.
Really? i though they were the same because Nu gundam had those kick ass Fin Funnels with their own reactor and it had a superior beam saber (as quoted by char). They were pretty equal.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 00:22   Link #20
infested_ysy

Quote:

Now now, tell me when was the last time you see gun wielding robots the size of a man that's being remote controlled being deployed in the real life battlefield?
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote