Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-24, 00:25   Link #1
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Should there be an Hip Hop/Rap anime

I was just asking this question since I noticed that almost all forms of Mainstream music have been covered in an anime save Hip Hop. Do you think that there should be a rap anime and should it be "steriotypical" or should it show show the "true colours" of rap it is up to you to discuss.
Old 2004-12-24, 01:33   Link #2
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
I was just asking this question since I noticed that almost all forms of Mainstream music have been covered in an anime save Hip Hop. Do you think that there should be a rap anime and should it be "steriotypical" or should it show show the "true colours" of rap it is up to you to discuss.
There are other music forms of anime and it seems like Hip Hop is very popular in Japan. There's no reason for there not to be an anime rather than someone not making one yet.
Old 2004-12-24, 01:42   Link #3
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Rap/Hip Hop has been covered in an anime at least once... in Samurai Champloo.
Old 2004-12-24, 01:52   Link #4
jonli
JONLIの憂'

8-mile anime version....
Old 2004-12-24, 02:57   Link #5
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

The eventual "Tokyo Tribes" Anime is from a Manga penned by a Rap/Hip-hop enthusiast. It is currently pre-licensed by MTV.
Old 2004-12-24, 08:31   Link #6
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Yea i think hip hop and rap should be in an anime, it been done in samurai champloo but i felt it was teh typical mainstrem hip hop
Old 2004-12-24, 13:25   Link #7
Megaman0
Muteki no Ryuujin Damashi

Send a message via MSN to Megaman0
I think that that would be a perfect idea maybe a dance Anime a bit like You got served(but better of course).
Old 2004-12-24, 14:11   Link #8
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Yes. As long as it's used wisely. I'm very happy with how Samurai Champloo turned out. Hip-Hop was used creatively and wise so you didn't feel confined or foreign. As long as it does what music is supposed to do, aid and not get in the way, it's good.
Old 2004-12-25, 10:36   Link #9
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman0
I think that that would be a perfect idea maybe a dance Anime a bit like You got served(but better of course).
Um reminds me of a certain Japanese boy band