AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-31, 19:50   Link #1
KimboSlice

One Piece

Worth watching? I know there are a lot of episodes but I heard from some people that every bit of it was worth it. Form some others I heard it was total trash. Which is it?
Old 2004-12-31, 19:56   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimboSlice
Worth watching? I know there are a lot of episodes but I heard from some people that every bit of it was worth it. Form some others I heard it was total trash. Which is it?
I only recently decided to watch One Piece (it was collecting dust on my HD) and I must say that it's pretty good, not great but good. Give it a try I think there's a good chance you'll like it.
Old 2005-01-01, 10:15   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

One Piece is simply AMAZING. Even after 125 epsiodes it still suprises me how Oda can remain original and keep me in the dark about everthing that could happen. Very unlike Naruto.

One Piece is a great shounen with some great Seiyuu's. The voice of Luffy and the Luffy character are the anchor of the show. His attitude and jokes crack me up every time. Luffy makes what One Piece is.

Definite must watch.

by the way 7th, how many episodes have you watched so far?
Old 2005-01-01, 10:55   Link #4
Yoska
フランキー

If you find a chance read the comic too.
Old 2005-01-01, 18:16   Link #5
ShikaShika
無罪

Episodes 54-61 can be skipped with no effect to the plot at all. It's all just filler crap and eps 53 and 62 do actually fit together quite well, so there's no weird effect to skipping them.
Old 2005-01-02, 01:10   Link #6
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
by the way 7th, how many episodes have you watched so far?
I just passed ep 20 and the first movie. Watched them in 3 days so that's an indication I like it. My impressions so far : I like Luffy ALOT, he's a very fun cool character, his fighting style is funny, he acts funny and is sometimes so dumb (like the time they tell him go to the north and he sprints away only to realise later he has no clue which way the north is ). Zoro is quite a cool character too, and the girl Nami is perfect with those two. So far it's only Usopp I dislike, he's a whiny loser, I hate that, but I can live with it so far.

And then there are the so-called enemies, they are cracking me up, so dumb and funny, not to mention the look of their ships

Anyway, as you can see it's pretty addictive, and I'm looking forward to watching more. It's recommended to all ppl who like a funny action show that doesn't take itself too serious
Old 2005-01-02, 06:19   Link #7
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I just passed ep 20 and the first movie. Watched them in 3 days so that's an indication I like it. My impressions so far : I like Luffy ALOT, he's a very fun cool character, his fighting style is funny, he acts funny and is sometimes so dumb (like the time they tell him go to the north and he sprints away only to realise later he has no clue which way the north is ). Zoro is quite a cool character too, and the girl Nami is perfect with those two. So far it's only Usopp I dislike, he's a whiny loser, I hate that, but I can live with it so far.

And then there are the so-called enemies, they are cracking me up, so dumb and funny, not to mention the look of their ships

Anyway, as you can see it's pretty addictive, and I'm looking forward to watching more. It's recommended to all ppl who like a funny action show that doesn't take itself too serious
Ah, that's good to hear, You will like OP a LOT when you're further progressed into the series. It's only going to get better.

And about Usopp..he will be the funniest guy in the show. He's likeable because he doesn't have special powers but still gives his best.

Anyway, you'll have tons of fun with OP, good to see there's another fan in the making tee-hee-hee.