AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 00:38   Link #1
Bloody

Are there Guys who watched Mai Hime/Otome ?

What do you think about Mai Hime/Mai Otome story??
Old 2006-01-01, 00:47   Link #2
Sakuya
*Artist

My HiME was incredibly awesome. I was put off by the fact that it's mecha but despite that, I gave it a try. Episode 1 was so-so and I kept telling myself that I wouldn't get the whole series. But after episode 1, I was hooked. And I continue to be hooked after that. I mean, I kept wanting to find out what happens next. It's that exciting. There were no boring episodes at all!

When it went into the second half of the series and got all dark, I was enjoying myself. And finally with the finale, I was sad that it's finally over. But I went back and rewatched my favorite parts.

My Otome is different. There is no hook that keeps me watching (at least there's no hook in the first few episodes). I'm just continueing to watch it because I was a My HiME fan.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:19   Link #3
Ansa

Unlike the above poster, the first episode is what hooked me. Mai's querky personality and Tate's little gleeful expression over Mai's breasts were outragously funny. Yet you could tell something sinister was at work and that it wasn't going to be an ordanary anime.

And I was right, Mai-HiME is my top five, it has it's flaws but it's one of the darkest stories I've ever seen (despite the ending) and it has given me great inspration for a book series I'm currently writing.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:18   Link #4
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I discovery of Mai-HiME was an accident.

I saw Mai-HiME and Marimite fanart by Eugene so I thought I give the anime a chance.

I originally wanted to see Marimite but I confused it with Mai-HiME. After the first episode I was inevitably hooked and HAD to watch later episodes.

Although I wasn't really expecting actual lesbians since I thought it was a fan thing.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:04   Link #5
TruongDinh
Kid

I think Mai Hime was really good because it wasn't a happy hippy girly ending like I first thought when I watch it and it really supprised me. As for Mai Otome I just watch to see girls fighting and cute(in my opinion) voice actor but right after ep 6 I was thinking this show is just trying to get male horny seriously(Yes I have a perverted mind).
Old 2006-01-01, 03:13   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

In this series, I think the only down side is that one cheesy part in episode 26. Wait, I came up with another bad thing. The plot with the OL is a bit confusing. I'm still confused.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:16   Link #7
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Yo, I watch Mai Otome and frankly speaking it was quite good.

They have good setting, character development and an interesting plot.

I wouldn't be surprise that Mai Otome might surpass Mai-Hime in popularity.

Many episodes are yet to be aired and things might get complex afterwards...surprises will be on its way.

Old 2006-01-01, 03:34   Link #8
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think Mai Hime was a great experiment more or less. The story didn't make too much sense in a way since everything happens in a modern day school. But the drama was top notch and the characters were all quite memorable.

Mai Otome just seems to be a much more tight-knit anime since its storyline is based on an entirely fictional world and circumstances. So the entire super-power-girls idea could actually be feasible and possibly logical.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:38   Link #9
NaNash|

The main reason I watch My-HiME is I see it as a comedy. (Well, that's how it is in the first few episodes.) Then even after the plot gets darker, I still continue to watch it because it's addicting.
Old 2006-01-01, 04:45   Link #10
Kensuke

I saw the trailer well before show started and it was the character designs and Yuki Kajiura's music (I'm a big fan of her music) that caught my interest. At first series was nice and interesting, but in the end it just went above and beyond of all of my expectations.
I have never waited any DVD as much as Mai-HiME's, first is scheduled March 28th.
Old 2006-01-01, 11:10   Link #11
Lost

Hi all, My first post in this forum Saw this thread and just couldn't resist... heh.

Well, what i really really liked about Mai-HiME was definately the last few episodes, the way the feeling/atmosphere of emptiness, desperation and loss, especially that of Mai and to a lesser extent, that of Mikoto, came across... all pulled off very nicely, in such a way that it just jumped of the screen and pulled at your heart.. (well, heh... can't help being an emotional guy)

In fact, I'll say that the series had alot of emotional punch... really made you feel... which is not something JUST any Anime can acheive.

Ironically, I was introduced to Mai-HiME by Mai Otome.... aye, thats rite... i started watching Mai HiME after I started on Mai Otome, which btw, I just whacked randomly while searching for a new anime to watch...

As for Mai Otome, wonderful quality of animation, great voice acting and songs, has it share of good humour and not too bad action.. but i must say its starting to drag abit... tho i agree with you, babuji... theres still a lot more to go... a lot more to (hopefully) enjoy.

Haha.. pretty long first post.
Old 2006-01-01, 21:10   Link #12
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

In response to the title of the thread: Yes. And no, they are not a minority.
Old 2006-01-01, 21:31   Link #13
Forever
Revealing the truth

I thought mai-hime/mai-otome is a shounen anime?
Old 2006-01-01, 21:40   Link #14
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
My-HiME ranks as one of my favorite anime series. I love how it balanced the focus between multiple girls and how more than one person actually mattered. I also love the way it progressed and ended. Mikoto Minagi herself is what hooked me on the series at first of course.
Old 2006-01-02, 00:05   Link #15
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever

Fantasy and magical girls.
Old 2006-01-02, 00:06   Link #16
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

but some says yuri.
Old 2006-01-02, 00:18   Link #17
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I watched Mai-HiME cause I thought it looked cool, there also wasn't anything else to watch at the time that I liked. When all was said and done, I was waiting for a sequel or second season. I absolutely loved the series. I hadn't followed a series that closely since Chrno Crusade and Fullmetal Alchemist back in '03/'04.

I was hooked (with fanboyish fervor) on 4 series in 2005.

Mai-HiME
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Bleach

and of course

Mai-Otome
Old 2006-01-02, 00:48   Link #18
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
It may actually be considered Seinen since it airs at 2:30am. This is considered the 'Otaku hour' and they usually air more mature anime around that time.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-01-02, 01:18   Link #19
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I started watching Mai HiME around the same time I started to download animes with Bittorrent, so it's a good memory x2. A friend of mine recommended it, and at the time we were at episode 4...
Needless to say, instant hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouga-kun
I was hooked (with fanboyish fervor) on 4 series in 2005.

Mai-HiME
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Bleach

and of course

Mai-Otome
Just that? Mine:

Mai HiME
Mai Otome
Shuffle
Bleach
Blood+
Rozen Maiden ~Traümend~
Air

Heh.
Old 2006-01-02, 01:29   Link #20
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I started watching Mai HiME around the same time I started to download animes with Bittorrent, so it's a good memory x2. A friend of mine recommended it, and at the time we were at episode 4...
Needless to say, instant hook.

Just that? Mine:

Mai HiME
Mai Otome
Shuffle
Bleach
Blood+
Rozen Maiden ~Traümend~
Air

Heh.
Mine:

Bleach
Nanoha As
Monster
Shuffle
Suzuka
Canvas 2
Hell Girl
Karin
Mai HiME
Mai Otome
Rozen Maiden ~Traümend~

Unlicensed one.

Some are licensed one and unconivent to put here.
Closed Thread