AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-02, 16:53   Link #1
Rand
Dragon Reborn

Last edited by Rand; 2013-11-11 at 07:00.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:13   Link #2
Grees
Ehhh

No, i dont really know anyone with such a disease. I work part-time in a home for the elderly, im sure there are some that have it, but they get special care so i never see them.
But i was watching this ER episode, where some guy that has Alzheimer went bezerk against his own daughter because he didnt recognised her, terrible, i say loosing your mind is a horrible thing when you are old.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:40   Link #3
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Hi there

I posted that the night before the forum went down so it disapeared. But I thought that might ineterest some people so i repost.
Do you know Alzheimer disease ? Do you have/ know any familly member who suffer from it ?
Since there are people from all around the world ( more over I guess we are all quite young here), I was wondering how you and your familly were reacting toward this disease and if in your country/region you could recieve any help.

edit : just a link about what it is and what this disease causes
Yeah my gran suffers from it quite severely. She's now at the stage where she's completely 'somewhere else'. She can't talk, rarely makes eye contact - and walks around the house in a sort of 'circuit', she's like a 3 year old in a permanent retarded state. My grandad has basically dedicated his life to looking after her, she can't do anything herself; it's pretty tough for an 80 year old. She's not violent but she use to scream random sounds at people, she doesn't even do that anymore.

Occasionally she'll look at me for a few seconds and I think she'll know who I am, or even that I'm a 'human'. But straight after she'll go back to looking at me as though I were an object or not even there. It's quite heart beaking, as we were quite close.

Unfortunately Alzheimers seems to run in my family, so I'm not keen on getting older.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote