Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 16:52   Link #1
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
GS3 = Impossible!

Okay, according to a SEED Club interview, this has to be said about the finale of Destiny

Quote:
Q6. What will happen with the Cosmic Era world after the last episode?

A6. The PLANT and the Earth will sign another cease-fire agreement. The PLANT council continues the same but without Durandal. The Earth Alliance finally collapses and the Atlantic Federation whose President and entire army was destroyed loses all the influence on every place including Eurasia. Orb is the new leader of the Earth during the armistice negotiations. No one knows for how long the peace will last and when the inevitable war will arise again.
So, that now means that::
  • There is no neutral ground anymore.
  • War is not Possible.

THERE IS NO EVIL NOW!!

Wow, if this was Fukuda talking in this interview, he really closed the book on the finale of the series then...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:00   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Sahaku Revolution?

A true secret society, not crappy over-glorified merchants?

Evil Chairman Generation #XXX?

Mars Attack?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:12   Link #3
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Sahaku Revolution?

A true secret society, not crappy over-glorified merchants?

Evil Chairman Generation #XXX?

Mars Attack?
Sahaku I could see... since she wanted Orb to rule the world, however by Destiny Astray's time, she isn't that type of person anymore.

Secret Society = Delaz Fleet Rip off, therefore 0083 rip off.

Evil Chairman... we've had 2 now. Uh. No.

Mars... highly unlikely at this point. We don't really know what's out there.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-01-16, 17:14   Link #4
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Space whale invasion. It's the only option left.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:19   Link #5
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

The Inevitable War = Never... Unless Lacus and Cagalli (and Kira and Athrun) die.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:20   Link #6
sanghyun1990
상현

Well coordinator and natural still hate each other, if you are family member or friend were killed in war you would hate the country that killed you are family. Look at Korea, adult in South Korea hate North Korea because of Korean War and that was about 50 years ago. Anger of War does not disappear after one or two year. So some countries in Earth still hate ZAFT, and these countries could start war again. Other possiablity is that people who liked Destiny plan try to rule ZAFT or Orb.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:21   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

AF civil war.
Eurasia vs AF.
Eurasia vs Orb.
Independance war of AF and Eurasia's remaining space colonies, if there are any.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:22   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Xenosaga II rip-off.

Ulen Hibiki lives within Kira.

Space-Whales = boring, unless you know, they are the punishers of humanity.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:26   Link #9
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Terrorists seem viable. It doesnt have to be an organization as bad guys.

Or, something like GW, have gundam pilots trained and sent to kill leaders (Cagalli/Lacus).

And for the love of God no gundamjacks. It was already lame in 0083, dont need to do it over and over AND OVER ;_;
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:30   Link #10
srb
I can see time itself!

Nah, it wasn't lame in 0083 since it was handled better, but in GSD it made zero sense since the EAF is numerically superior and technological equals and have more resources. Why should they steal three units? :/

It COULD be a war between former EA states, then Orb or ZAFT gets pulled into it for some reason. Unless this is some 50 years in the future and Kira, Athrun and Shinn are too old to pilot MS this wouldn't be probable though, since they would just rip through anything.
Old 2006-01-16, 17:31   Link #11
Blaat

As long as the renmants of the Earth Alliance aren't the bad guys nor incompetent I'm not complaining about anything.
A Jupiter Empire vs Earth would be cool not sure if Jupiter is colonzed in CE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Why should they steal three units? :/
If they waited a few months they could have stolen Strike Freedom now that would have been interesting. Neo in Strike Freedom vs Shinn in Destiny
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:46   Link #12
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
AF civil war.
Eurasia vs AF.
Eurasia vs Orb.
Independance war of AF and Eurasia's remaining space colonies, if there are any.
Reread the answer... THERE IS NO EARTH ALLIANCE, THEREFORE THERE IS NO EURASIAN FEDERATION OR ATLANTIC FEDERATION!

Old 2006-01-16, 18:02   Link #13
lordyu

Just Because the AF looses there influence doent mead the don't exist. In destiny the AF looses only heavens base and its space fleet. I doubt they would join the rest of the planet rejoicing in Zaft and Orb.The AF hate coordinators more the other nations.
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:11   Link #14
Rever129

I 'm not surprised (though I'm still dissaapointed) they killed off the EA. I wished they would've kept the EA around so we can see more of their MS designs. An updated Windam or a new GAT-X or even CAT suit would've been nice--this EA fanboy weeps
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:13   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I would only be ok with this as long as it truly means that there will not be another GS. But if not I have to call foul. I still find it ridiculous that the rest of the world would want to be ruled by a tiny island nation. It just doesn't really make sense. You just can't really expect North American, South America, etc. to simply want to ruled over by a nation like Orb that clearly isn't even a democracy. And I would think that the EA wouldn't just simply fall apart from having their President taken out when there should at least be some politician within their government to take up the position.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:15   Link #16
Shix

For me it doesn't mean anything. As long as fukada can make more money he will sooner ot later probably make GS3 or something take takes place in CE (movie,oav...)
Shix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:37   Link #17
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I would only be ok with this as long as it truly means that there will not be another GS. But if not I have to call foul. I still find it ridiculous that the rest of the world would want to be ruled by a tiny island nation. It just doesn't really make sense. You just can't really expect North American, South America, etc. to simply want to ruled over by a nation like Orb that clearly isn't even a democracy. And I would think that the EA wouldn't just simply fall apart from having their President taken out when there should at least be some politician within their government to take up the position.
Yeah but this is CE, there is no such thing like that.Besides, Orb has Lacus, Justice, and Freedom. Nothing can compete with that except for maybe Zeus himself but he's not gonna want to involve in such petty situations.

It does seems silly for a government to fall when it's leader is killed, I'm pretty sure such governments have a fall back on like some prime minister, vice-president, or congress or something.

Quote:
For me it doesn't mean anything. As long as fukada can make more money he will sooner ot later probably make GS3 or something take takes place in CE (movie,oav...)
True, the majority of the people loved DESTINY so of course he'll find a way because they don't care.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:39   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Reread the answer... THERE IS NO EARTH ALLIANCE, THEREFORE THERE IS NO EURASIAN FEDERATION OR ATLANTIC FEDERATION!
You reread. There is no EArth Alliance anymore - that means the AF, Eurasia Alliance was dissolved. Just because the USSR is no more doesn't mean its member states suddenly disappeared from the map.

Sure, the AF is in shambles at the end of GSD. And precisely because it is so, the likelihood of civil disorder soars. Whether it'll escalate into a full blown civil war or peter out in any of a number of ways (including all the states of the Federation just peacefully going their separate ways) is another question, but it is possible.

As for the EF, well, they're still there too. And while they're weakened, they don't have the AF's internal problems. However, they may need to reaffirm themselves through war. To unite its citizens against a common enemy, if nothing else.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:46   Link #19
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
It does seems silly for a government to fall when it's leader is killed, I'm pretty sure such governments have a fall back on like some prime minister, vice-president, or congress or something.
While Fukuda's not so hot on the "Ein Volk, Ein Land" part he sure likes the "Ein Führer" part, so in his mind I guess countries fall apart when their leader dies.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:52   Link #20
Rever129

I would LOVE to have the third Seed season revolve around some sort of major internal conlict within the AF and/or other ex-EA members. Imagine the potential story elements some decent writers can come up with involving factions within that former super power.
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote