*** 8 14.04%
**** 21 36.84%
***** 25 43.86%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-20, 11:01   Link #1
ShikaShika
無罪

[Manga] Chapter 291 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Also note that only moderators or designated members (including myself in case oyu wondered) will be able to create this thread.

It was too small for me to read, but Naruto is putting on a real show, that's for sure. Naruto asks for the return of Sasuke, I believe Kabuto makes fun of him. Sakura calls Kabuto "foureyes" (at least that's what I would translate it to) but before they can do much more, Naruto has already grown a tail and is charging at... well I'm not really sure, it's to small. There's some dialouge and a flashback, but I had trouble reading any of it, and the chapter ends with a three-tailed Naruto looking less than happy.

I believe a few of you have been discussing the chapter in the 290 thread already, so maybe one of you can fill in a bit more on what's happening?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:08   Link #2
ri0

This tailed Narutothing is so boring... he doesn't do anything inventful. Always the same crap. He seriously gets on my nerves since the timeskip.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:23   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Luckily, the boring thing does not apply to whoever needs to fight him. And, for me, it is as inventful as Itachi's MS.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:27   Link #4
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
This tailed Narutothing is so boring... he doesn't do anything inventful. Always the same crap. He seriously gets on my nerves since the timeskip.
Moaning people like you are annoying instead. If you don't like the manga how it is don't read it, but don't ruin such a wonderful chapter with your crap.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:40   Link #5
ri0

What is crappy about MY opinion you moron? I can express it however and whenever I want and someone who doesn't understand what I mean should shut his mouth or delete his f*****g account.
Old 2006-01-20, 11:48   Link #6
Struggler

Ah, you didn't make a poll! It's always nice to see how other people rate this chapter compared to others.

I am really interested in Yamato's ability to control the bijuu.
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:56   Link #7
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
What is crappy about MY opinion you moron? I can express it however and whenever I want and someone who doesn't understand what I mean should shut his mouth or delete his f*****g account.
You offend now eh? You don't have any reason behind your moans so you offend? What a pitiful behaviour
What is there to understand from someone who writes without explain his statements? If you don't explain your statements with logic reasons then they're moans, it's as simple as that. Before writing try thinking a bit more so that you can explain too and not only keep moaning.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:21   Link #8
Shinobi_Lucas

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobi_Lucas
I wonder if Naruto will completely loose it and use "that jutsu"?
Shinobi_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:25   Link #9
Satoru

The talking was rather annoying. You see, if Naruto wasn't there this would be a real boring chapter. So be grateful.

Last edited by Satoru; 2006-01-20 at 12:59.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:31   Link #10
hmongstang

so does this mean Naruto > Itachi now? since naruto sent oroc flying 35ft in the air?
hmongstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:39   Link #11
kari-no-sugata

The text is rather hard to read, but I can make out some.

Anyway, starts of with some verbal sparring between Sakura and "megane" (glasses) as she calls him. Orochimaru says "if you want to know about Sasuke-kun, then drag the answers out of me, if you can." which is when Naruto socks him right in the face.

Little flashback: Jiraiya shows big scar on his chest and says it's from Naruto with 4 tails - with 3 tails, Naruto is still in control (though becomes increasingly Kyuubi like) but with 4, he just indescrimately destroys stuff. Also, seems like it's really bad on Naruto's body if it persists. Anyway, this is where Yamato comes in since he's "inherited shodaime's cells", and he might be able to control things - it also helps that Naruto has shodaime's necklace, somehow.

Orochimaru walks back and comments that Naruto has become more like a jinchuuriki. He also says that Yamato is a "dear experimental subject" (from long ago it seems - probably from when he was driven out from Konoha). As far as I can make out, Orochimaru wanted shodaime's power to control bijuu and took some cells from his corpse to make some clones. I guess he had to leave in a hurry with some experiments still running - everything he'd tried had failed, but he's surprised one had succeded.

Orochimaru wonders again who is stronger, Naruto or Sasuke, and Naruto says "He's not yours - in front of me, don't say Sasuke's name like you own him" and goes 3-tails.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:45   Link #12
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmongstang
so does this mean Naruto > Itachi now? since naruto sent oroc flying 35ft in the air?
It does not mean anything, Sasuke sent Oro flying in the forest of death. Not even Tsunade could kill Oro with a direct hit to his already rotting former body.

I don't like this Kyuubi-taijutsu-Naruto, when will he use any advanced jutsu like a real ninja. Currently he seems hopeless and miserable. His fights are boring go-kyuubi + kagebunshin + incomplete-rasengan. In the chuunin exam he performed better. It seems he does not use his strongest move, the summoning. It seems that in kyuubi-mode he reverts to an IQ level of a dumb animal. So Jiraiya's training was a failure and Naruto needs the Kyuubi removed to be able to show any interesting move? That would mean that Yondaime was terribly wrong about sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto, or he was evil in using Naruto and is currently the akatsuki leader.
I think Kishimoto is just playing with us and Naruto will show real progress finally. Otherwise all what Yondaime and Jiraya did was only good to make Naruto a simple container as all the others were.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:55   Link #13
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

I can see Naruto losing Kyuubi to Akatsuki near the end of the series (similar to what happened to Gaara) and that is most likely when he will learn to be powerful on his own merit.

While I am growing to like Naruto more; he is still nothing but a brawler and could easily be removed from the series without anyone missing a heartbeat. Guys like Sasori (when he was alived), Orochimaru, Kabuto, Kakashi, Shino, new Sakura, etc is what is keeping the show up.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:01   Link #14
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
Currently he seems hopeless and miserable. His fights are boring go-kyuubi + kagebunshin + incomplete-rasengan. In the chuunin exam he performed better. It seems he does not use his strongest move, the summoning. It seems that in kyuubi-mode he reverts to an IQ level of a dumb animal. So Jiraiya's training was a failure and Naruto needs the Kyuubi removed to be able to show any interesting move?
I don't think the training was about interesting moves; it was about being able to get the job done in combat. Ever since Jiraya started training Naruto, his thing has been teaching Naruto to harness Kyuubi's power, not to teach him 87 cool jutsu. If he's just a Kyuubi freak tank, but he still gets the job done, then the training isn't a failure. He doesn't seem hopeless to me at all. In fact, he's about to unleash a ton of potential. Just because what he's doing doesn't seem like "interesting moves" doesn't mean he's hopeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
While I am growing to like Naruto more; he is still nothing but a brawler and could easily be removed from the series without anyone missing a heartbeat.
Umm...Naruto removed from the series = series over. It IS called Naruto

Just kidding. I see what you're saying, though. It does seem strange that Kishimoto created a world of ninjas and then centered the story around a brawler.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:10   Link #15
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
So Jiraiya's training was a failure and Naruto needs the Kyuubi removed to be able to show any interesting move?
Jiraiya's training was not a failure since his objective was to make him stronger kyuubi wise. Read the manga, volume 11. It is a fact that Naruto is a jinchuuriki, and to learn how to use this power is the primary objective for him to become stronger. Neji doesn't learn genjutsu, either. Plus, Naruto's development is not guided by your desire for interesting new moves.

Quote:
That would mean that Yondaime was terribly wrong about sealing the Kyuubi in Naruto
No, he wasn't. First off, Naruto is a source of power to protect the village.
Second, he is carrying to kyuubi to prevent others from abusing it.
Old 2006-01-20, 13:40   Link #16
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Jiraiya's scar was awfull. Just what did Naruto do to him? Was it THAT Jutsu?
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:42   Link #17
Zek
Eyebrows...

I agree that this tailed stuff is really getting tiresome. Naruto isn't capable of doing anything on his own without surrendering control to Kyuubi, even after 2.5 years of training, and that comes as a real disappointment to me. However, this chapter does provide hope; it shows us the serious negative side-effects of Naruto's increasing reliance on Kyuubi. Not only will he be incapable of distinguishing friend or foe in one more tail, but his body is being destroyed, shortening his lifespan.

I predict that after this encounter, Naruto will be given a reason to control his Kyuubi impulses - maybe he'll grow a fourth tail and seriously wound Sakura before Yamato can stop him, or something. Maybe Sai can teach him a thing or two about managing his emotions so he doesn't lose control like this in the future? I still hold out hope that one day Naruto will be a powerful ninja in his own right, rather than continuing to use all these stupid Kyuubi transformations.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:47   Link #18
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
You offend now eh? You don't have any reason behind your moans so you offend? What a pitiful behaviour
What is there to understand from someone who writes without explain his statements? If you don't explain your statements with logic reasons then they're moans, it's as simple as that. Before writing try thinking a bit more so that you can explain too and not only keep moaning.
You call me annoying and define my posts as crap, I call you a moron... live with it or get lost.

Furhermore I gave my reasons, if you can't read, don't reply to my posts. I think you are really impressive... being not able to extract the essence out of one and a quarter lines is very, very hard.

And please stop this pseudointellectual way of speaking mixed with those wonderful smilies... they seriously don't increase your debating skills.
Old 2006-01-20, 13:47   Link #19
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
on which chapter does it show Jiraiya's scar, i must have missed it~!
D3athScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:53   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
I can see Naruto losing Kyuubi to Akatsuki near the end of the series (similar to what happened to Gaara) and that is most likely when he will learn to be powerful on his own merit.

While I am growing to like Naruto more; he is still nothing but a brawler and could easily be removed from the series without anyone missing a heartbeat. Guys like Sasori (when he was alived), Orochimaru, Kabuto, Kakashi, Shino, new Sakura, etc is what is keeping the show up.
I can understand Orochimaru and Kakashi, but Kabuto and Shino - they are not interesting enough - and as long as they are prospected to be not very-strong who cares. If Sakura is a copy of old Tsunade, what is the exciting thing about her? You have the real one in the show.

About the missing part; I guess the missing part allows us to not see anymore from Yondaime (his Kyuubi related past) - Jiraiya - Akatsuki (in-general), not that those matters for the success of the show.

Also, if Itachi is going to be killed, this will most probably happen before Kyuubi is extracted and its powers are transferred to Itachi. Even, with CS, Sasuke may not stand a chance against Itachi - if you include those powers, the situation becomes much worse for Sasuke. And giving all those powers to Akatsuki will definitely mean the end of the show and the end of all the strong good ninjas around. Not a nice ending for many.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote