AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-06-01, 05:53   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

[Manga] Chapter 309 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 05:55   Link #2
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Chapter 309: Conversation with Kyuubi
Spoiler:

Short Summary:
The conversation with Kyuuubi begins...
Kyuubi talks with Sasuke... his cursed bloodline, the Sharingan, can even see him inside Naruto. Sasuke realizes Kyuubi must have seen this type of eyes before.

Sasuke: "You're the nine tales?"
Kyuubi replies that the eys and its chakra is more cursed than his. Like Uchiha Madara's.

Sasuke asks if Kyuubi knows that guy...
Sasuke is even able to suppress Kyuubi's chakra... although it might be the last time. Kyuubi tells him not to kill Naruto or he'll regret it.

Back outside of Naruto, Naruto is getting up from the ground, and Sasuke is still paying attention to him, forgetting about Yamato. Yamato forms a handseal and pushes Sasuke's Kusanagi out of his shoulder using Mokuton jutsu, to Sasuke's big surprise.

Yamato continues to push Sasuke and tries to enclose him in a wooden cage, but Sasuke manages to escape by piercing a hole in the in.

Team Yamato is a little disappointed and suprised, seeing Sasuke back on the top of the crater formed when Sai tried to catch him. Naruto calls Sasuke.

Naruto yells at Sasuke he doens't understand and that Orochimaru will soon take over his body. Sasuke doesn't care : "If it happens, so be it"

Sasuke continues... telling Naruto that when he was a child... He says revenge is all for him. If he gets his revenge, he doesn't care what happens to him or to the world. Sasuke tells Naruto, that even now he cannot beat Itachi. Even Orochimaru cannot, but when he gives his body to Orochimaru, they've the power to kill him.

Sasuke would give his life over and over again for it.

Yamato interrupts the conversation, putting it to an end, calling Naruto and Sakura to join him. He didn't want to hurt Sasuke, but now it's time to get serious.

Sasuke says he's done with Konoha and him (Naruto). It's over and he starts making handseals.

At that time, Orochimaru arrives, holding Sasuke's hand telling him not to use that jutsu. Both Sakura and Naruto are surprised to see Orochimaru stop him. Sasuke is pissed and tells him to let go.

At that moment, Kabuto arrive at the scene too, making comments on the way Sasuke talks to Orochimaru. Sasuke complains, telling he has no reason to stop.

Kabuto explains that Sasuke knows very well what Akatsuki is doing. If Naruto and his friends can take out other Akatsuki members, it will be easier for Sasuke to get his revenge. To Sasuke, it sounds like a stupid reason.

Kabuto says it's to improve Sasuke's success rate by 1%...
Orochimaru tells them "let's go". The vanish in smoke... leaving Naruto with behing with a bitter feeling of failure and sadness once more as he drops on his knees.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-06-01 at 08:52.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 05:59   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

First, a completely tasteless ending. I started to believe that this arc was not actually intended to be put there based on Kishi's instincts, rather due to some fans ravings.

- Highly expectedly, Kabuto escapes from Yamato's bunshin - no excuse for Yamato's or Kishi's stupidness to keep him alive in the first place.
- Sharingan ~= Jinchuuriki control (next time I expect Sharingan to summon demons from anywhere in the world). Kyuubi would have wet his pants now, if he had any. This would have reminded him that he should not put himself always in the first place, instead he should have thought about helping Naruto to prevent such a thing happening in the future.
- Oro comes out to signal the escape, for the zth time, he has always something better to do I guess...
- Let's not forget neither Sai nor Yamato has died. At least we can look forward to more Sai in the future .

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-06-01 at 06:15.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 06:04   Link #4
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
- Highly expectedly, Kabuto escapes from Yamato's bunshin - no excuse for Yamato's or Kishi's stupidness to keep him alive in the first place.
He was the spy, Yamato said under no circumstances must Kabuto be killed otherwise the missions just a failure.

However i agree this chapter was rather depressing *sigh*..

Where's Sasuke going again ... Next week is going to be boring ...

Nice to see Orochimaru again though and too see Sasuke show that kyuubi who it's dealing with ~_^.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 06:25   Link #5
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Seems like Kyuubi was talking about another Uchiha, the curse of the Uchiha's bloodline, and the evilness greater than his in two Uchihas (the first is the one he was talking about, and most probably the other one is Sasuke). And Kyuubi seems to ask Sasuke not to kill Naruto or he will regret it, wonder why, to save his own axx or for some other reason?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 07:03   Link #6
gibits
Endless

Wow what a waste of time............... I'm real happy for Sasuke getting Ino's move and all (it still sucks) but now he can dismiss the Kybuui as well?

Do I smell a major plothole here? So all this time that Oro was trying to breed the 1st hokage's genes all he needed to do was breed a Uchiha's. How bout just injecting the Uchiha gene right into all his containers? Oh wait why didn't he that from the start instead of trying to suduce Sasgay?

Why does team Oro feel that Team 7 can take on Akasuki when Sasuke can take care the whole team 7 by himself? Yeah I don't get either, but it was a spectacular waste of time nonetheless, absolutly nothing happened.

This whole arc just shows us 4 things
1) Naruto has gotten stronger but only with Kybuui's help (gay)
2) Oro for all his genius, is a retard
3) Kishi wanted to provide fan service by showing Sasuke again. (This could've been done while not making team 7 and Kybuui lookd like bitches)
4) Kishimoto needs to use stupid plot devices to justify plotholes, which only serve to create more plothole.....
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 07:27   Link #7
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
in my opinion:
sasuke will order naruto to use he's kyubi (because sasuke want to know how stong the kyubi is and he will tried to defeat kyubi or naruto to get mangekyou sharingan)
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 07:32   Link #8
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Well, this chapter seems to say that Sasuke isn't quite up too Itachi still ( tch .... ) he wants to give Orochimaru his body??

and that Yamato wasn't too serious .. Though Sasuke isn't aloud to use Jutsu lol damn Orochimaru.

And Kyuubi warns Sasuke about killing Naruto..

And whom is Uchiha Madara

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-06-01 at 07:46.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:11   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

I have not read this chapter but, Gibitis, I would not called it a pothole, because it is quite possible that by the moment Oro was on his experiment, he did not knew about Uchiha, and besides it is always more easy to get his hands on a Death Guy Genes (He might had even gotten permission to do so) than Go to a clan that safeguard their secrets of their bloodline and take their gees, By force or asking for them.
Old 2006-06-01, 08:11   Link #10
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Well, this chapter seems to say that Sasuke isn't quite up too Itachi still ( tch .... ) he wants to give Orochimaru his body??

and that Yamato wasn't too serious .. Though Sasuke isn't aloud to use Jutsu lol damn Orochimaru.

And Kyuubi warns Sasuke about killing Naruto..

And whom is Uchiha Madara
What tells Kyuubi to Sasuke? Anyway Naruto is becoming less and less important... Kyuubi will be the king, Naruto the horse!
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:20   Link #11
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Is sasuke knows his own "that jutsu " too? [read last page],seems like hes gonna show his power next chapter.Imo sasuke stays and fight and the other 2 escapes....
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:23   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

You know I really was expecting that the sharingan would be capable of dealing with Kyuby (Or the Jinchuriki), I always said: Each Akatsuki member is Assigned a Jinchuriki, It could be very probable that this Akatsuki have ways of dealing with the full force of this Jinchuriki, Itachi was assign the strongest, So I had the Idea that it was because of something particular Itachi had” I guess, Parting from Sazelyst Comments, that I was correct about it.
Old 2006-06-01, 08:24   Link #13
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

now i realize whos the uchiha madara

Spoiler:
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:34   Link #14
malvado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
You know I really was expecting that the sharingan would be capable of dealing with Kyuby (Or the Jinchuriki), I always said: Each Akatsuki member is Assigned a Jinchuriki, It could be very probable that this Akatsuki have ways of dealing with the full force of this Jinchuriki, Itachi was assign the strongest, So I had the Idea that it was because of something particular Itachi had” I guess, Parting from Sazelyst Comments, that I was correct about it.
I totally agree with you. Itachi failed cuz of Jiraiyas interference plus he was exausthed. WHy would you as a leader give your members a mission they cant handle. As an example Deidara was assigned to SHukaku and he managed to capture Gaara even known Gaara had the whole sand in Tsuna at his disposition.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 08:43   Link #15
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well, this chapter turned out to be expected. Naruto had no chance against Sasuke and Orochimaru indeed intervened. That jutsu was probably the thing Orochimaru just taught him a few chapters back.

To be able to suppress Kyuubi's chakra is making Sasuke too powerful. Midara is probably the 1st's rival way back when and the founder of MS Sharingan. Why not kill Naruto though? Midara's relationship with the 1st was probably parallel to that of Naruto and Sasuke. Two of them are friends that look at each other as rivals. One day they decided to duel it out at the valley of (forgot name, the place naruto and sasuke fought) and Midara accidentally killed Shodaime and received the MS sharingan. He has forever regretted it and left the village. The village didn't hate him for it however and built two monuments of the two legends on two sides of the waterfall. Before he left, he wrote down the secret of the MS sharingan and hid it in a shrine so no one was supposed to see it. Itachi discovered it and seek to gain this power, even though Midara had warned of the consequences. Sasuke probably had a peek at that information as well to know of Midara's existence.
Old 2006-06-01, 08:53   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

So can we discard the whole Kyuby is a master of genjutsu thing?
Old 2006-06-01, 08:59   Link #17
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Interesting chapter... I didn't like Sasuke suppressing the Kyuubi chakra... this gives him Shodaime Hokaga Sama like powers O.o This is totally wrong... now Naruto could Sasuke's little pet, not able to do anything T_T

Maybe it makes sense... Orochimaru messed a lot with Genetic research >> Yamato, and they might have found a way to perfect that technique.

Kenta, I've no idea where you got that information, but it sure is interesting to know (^_^)d

Do you think that Uchiha Kyuubi knows about might still be alive? If so, he'd could be one to deal with Itachi instead of Sasuke... eventually kicking some common sense in that spoiled brat's head!

Omg... I just realized it's the first time I'm criticizing Sasuke >_< I'm gonna get killed now.

PS: Summary added. I hope it's ok ^^
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 09:03   Link #18
Mirtual

ハッキリ言うとだ
Honestly speaking,

イタチは今のオレでもオロチマルでも倒せない
Orochimaru nor I could beat Itachi the way we are now.

I hope this makes some people shut up at last.

他の”暁”に邪魔されると・・・
If other Akatsuki members get in our way

君の復讐も上手くいかなくなるだろ・・・
Then your chance of revenge won't go well...

So much for the Orochimaru overpowers Akatsuki by far bs ...

I really liked the cahpter. First this encounter did not get draged out to far, secoond it got some facts clear (like how strong Itachi is), next the third MS user was revealed (Madara) and then Yamato starts to do something. Strange that Kyubi talks about the sharingan as being cursed.
And to be honest I think it is good Kishimoto shows us Sasuke is stronger than Naruto. First it makes him move a little bit out of those Dragonball shadows, and second it is kind of new in shounen to let one of the more important side characters be stronger than the protagonist. I think it was kind of brave from Kishimoto to do this.
Very good chapter indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
Interesting chapter... I didn't like Sasuke suppressing the Kyuubi chakra... this gives him Shodaime Hokaga Sama like powers O.o This is totally wrong... now Naruto could Sasuke's little pet, not able to do anything T_T

Maybe it makes sense... Orochimaru messed a lot with Genetic research >> Yamato, and they might have found a way to perfect that technique.

Kenta, I've no idea where you got that information, but it sure is interesting to know (^_^)d

Do you think that Uchiha Kyuubi knows about might still be alive? If so, he'd could be one to deal with Itachi instead of Sasuke... eventually kicking some common sense in that spoiled brat's head!

Omg... I just realized it's the first time I'm criticizing Sasuke >_< I'm gonna get killed now.

PS: Summary added. I hope it's ok ^^
Not by me...
He talks about Madara as someone in the past. I would say he is dead by now.
And it is obvious that Kyubi isn't exactly a genjutsu master. So I would say we just found those demons weak point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Wow what a waste of time............... I'm real happy for Sasuke getting Ino's move and all (it still sucks) but now he can dismiss the Kybuui as well?
Because Kyubi can't do any Genjutsu at all? Or at least he sucks at it. Well, almost everyone has a weak point.

Quote:
Do I smell a major plothole here? So all this time that Oro was trying to breed the 1st hokage's genes all he needed to do was breed a Uchiha's. How bout just injecting the Uchiha gene right into all his containers? Oh wait why didn't he that from the start instead of trying to suduce Sasgay?
Because first that body would have to grow, and second you never know what you get at the end. He might have ended up with something like obito or who knows what. While with Sasuke he has a container that has a large potential.
Quote:
Why does team Oro feel that Team 7 can take on Akasuki when Sasuke can take care the whole team 7 by himself? Yeah I don't get either, but it was a spectacular waste of time nonetheless, absolutly nothing happened.
Maybe because they took out the clones? Who knows. It is not like they think team 7 would take down all of Akatsuki, more like it is worth a try. If their opponents want to kill each other, why not let them do so? No matter who dies or what kind of losses are there, you are the victor. Besides, Akatsuki already managed to get one of their members killed, one cripeled, one maybe blind and another betraying them. They are very strong but not all mighty. Konoha could outnumber them. (I.e: Kakashi + Gai + ?? against Kisame)
Quote:
This whole arc just shows us 4 things
1) Naruto has gotten stronger but only with Kybuui's help (gay)
2) Oro for all his genius, is a retard
3) Kishi wanted to provide fan service by showing Sasuke again. (This could've been done while not making team 7 and Kybuui lookd like bitches)
4) Kishimoto needs to use stupid plot devices to justify plotholes, which only serve to create more plothole.....
Hm...
I would like to say NO! ...
But I guess it comes down to this.

EDIT: Adding quotes, don't want to make more posts when I can simply edit them in.

EDIT AGAIN:
Almost forgot to say thanks to Syaoran for the summary once again. Although I think you took one of the most boring pictures in the chapter

Last edited by Mirtual; 2006-06-01 at 10:38.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 09:31   Link #19
DwArD
mAnIaC

Man...this is starting to get really boring. Naruto is still pretty weak as compared to Sasuke. I can't believe I was actually hoping to see Naruto at least able to fight Sasuke. Seems like the gap between Sasuke and Naruto has already widened. Unless Naruto has some awesome jutsus up his sleeve, I don't see how he's going to be able to beat Sasuke and Oro. Don't tell me they're going to show a few more Naruto training chapter....I'm sick of that stuff already
Old 2006-06-01, 09:49   Link #20
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Man...this is starting to get really boring. Naruto is still pretty weak as compared to Sasuke. I can't believe I was actually hoping to see Naruto at least able to fight Sasuke. Seems like the gap between Sasuke and Naruto has already widened. Unless Naruto has some awesome jutsus up his sleeve, I don't see how he's going to be able to beat Sasuke and Oro. Don't tell me they're going to show a few more Naruto training chapter....I'm sick of that stuff already
I don't get it...
Why does the protagonist have to be able to beat everyone in shounen?
As I said I like it that there is this gap between them now. What is the problem? The gap is not THAT LARGE!!
Again amnesia strikes back! So for those of us who have to fight this disfunction in their brains I will try to help them remember. Naruto was in a bad shape. He could barely stand at the moment the fight took place. Sasuke told us he can't defeat Itachi, while Naruto stood his ground and Oodama Rasenganed a 70% itachi. Naruto had to use the 4 tails, but nether the less was able to stand his ground against Orochimaru, and Sasuke is not at Orochimarus level.
I don't get why everyone has to be so focused on who can beat whom anyway. Sasukes "strengh" originates from selling his sould to Orochimaru, while Naruto still sticks to the path of becoming Hokage and protecting his friends. Well, I guess when you stop to give a damn about anyone or anything than you might improve a little faster, so what?
No one complained chapters long about the fact that Sakura still seems weaker than Naruto. What does it matter? Why not look a little a things like "character development" or "story line",... but I guess that is boring...
Sorry about the offensive tone, but it really starts to get on my nerves.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote