hi no ken Jebus

[Manga] Chapter 244 Discussion

"Born from fear"

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-20, 15:08   Link #2
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Oh my mwhaha!

There's something deliciously wonderful about seeing TEAM EVIL.

Aizen is such a bastard really.
Old 2006-09-20, 16:04   Link #3
yuchan

The black guy and the guy with the glasses look really cool. I can't wait to see what they're made of. But i remember saying the same thing about Shunsui and i've yet to see what he's about. Don't deny me again kubo!
Old 2006-09-20, 16:21   Link #4
hdx514
馬甲

awesome chapter! so there's someone among the espadas that look even more disgusting than yammi! impressive! gotta say though, in terms of looks, the espada doesn't even come close to the captains.

figuring out the ranks would be very interesting, i think it's pretty clear on the right, going from No. 10 to No. 6. if the whole seating plan goes turn clockwise...doesn't that make ulquiorra no. 5 and herr wurst no. 1?! i think that's kinda reasonable, given the fact that grimmjow isn't showing ulquiorra a lot of respect.

only ONE female, truly dissapointing
Old 2006-09-20, 17:08   Link #5
yuchan

Well, that 1 female looks pretty badass. At least from that earlier pic when we first got a glimpse of them. You barely see her in this pic.
Old 2006-09-20, 22:12   Link #6
miko tian

is it just me, or is the espada on the right of ulquiorra look startlingly like hime's dead brother?

and which one's the girl? i kinda can't tell

o yea, the black guy is totally shaq. or chad2. or just ur typical anim black guy
Old 2006-09-20, 22:18   Link #7
yuchan

^ Well, it's hard to see her in that pic Hiko uploaded but shes like 4th from the left, sitting inbetween a guy who's face is blocked by the black hairded guy, and the guy who's wearing some kind of mask. But you get a better look of her in the chapter where we first see Luppi. I can't remember which chapter it is. You can tell by her very prominent boobs.
Old 2006-09-20, 22:18   Link #8
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

The way I look at it is 10 to 6 on the right and 5 to 1 on the left. Making Ulquiorra #1 espada. Doesn't Aizen still have the Vastrodes stored away somewhere there?
Old 2006-09-20, 22:19   Link #9
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko tian
is it just me, or is the espada on the right of ulquiorra look startlingly like hime's dead brother?

and which one's the girl? i kinda can't tell

o yea, the black guy is totally shaq. or chad2. or just ur typical anim black guy
Not quite sure I see the resemblence...

And I believe the girl should be three seats to Ulquiorra's left.

Edit: And in reference to what yuchan said, it was chapter 229. Here's the pic:

Spoiler for female arrancar:

Actually, I just noticed something else (probably not much of consequence though). Ever since their first meeting, Grimmjaw still had that scar across his chest from Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou. During chapter 240, when Orohime restored his arm and the number 6 tattoo on his back, Grimmjaw had bandages wrapped around his chest, which kept us from being able to see his chest. Yet, on the scan posted by hi no ken Jebus, the scar is gone. Guess they got Orohime to heal that up too eh.

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-09-20 at 22:35.
Old 2006-09-20, 22:39   Link #10
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The female Espada went from highly noticeable to barely noticeable, I guess she was forced to wear a tight shirt inside. And the Espada sitting next to Grimjow looks like one of the Ms. in Baroque Works in One Piece, or a member of Village People - hope his character won't be like those.
Old 2006-09-20, 23:23   Link #11
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
The way I look at it is 10 to 6 on the right and 5 to 1 on the left. Making Ulquiorra #1 espada. Doesn't Aizen still have the Vastrodes stored away somewhere there?
what are you talking about? espada = aizen's strongest fighters, period. if ulquiorra is no.1 then he IS a vastorode, though i highly doubt that would be his truth rank. he is strong, but not THAT strong, he doesn't dare face two veteran captains, hollow ichigo's reiatsu FAR surpasses him, plus grimmjow treats him much more like what a typical ill-affected no.6 would treat a no.5

and why would kubo put his strongest fighter in action first? where's the suspense? why would aizen send his strongest and weakest espada on a mission together?

you know, ulquiorra is only the "unanimous no.1 pick" on 2ch because people don't like the looks of the sausage head.
Old 2006-09-20, 23:53   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The way how all of the 10 Espada are introduced, lined up from sides at each other, it resembles how all Gotei 13 Squads Shinigami Captains were first presented during the Soul Society arc.

Except that judging from the pic that hi no ken Jebus posted, all Espada are taking seats.
Old 2006-09-21, 00:29   Link #13
Ichimaru

damn how long has it been since we've seen ichimaru

look at those boxes, is aizen processing more vastrodes?
Old 2006-09-21, 02:09   Link #14
Rurouni Katsubei

There might be two female Arrancar. The one with the hat looks like it is possibly female.

Hey, remember the theory Aizen made the Arrancar to tbe the Anti-Thesis of some Gotei Captains?

Like...
Edward Leones = Ukitake

But, assuming that the Espada are the anti-thesis, we ignore Leones.
Grimmjow = Hitsugaya
Yammi = Komamura (?)
Female Arrancar with Sword on back = Soi Fon (?)
Short Muscular One = Kenpachi
Elgonated Mask or one with Glasses = Mayuri (?)
Glasses= Ukitake (?)
One to the left of Ulquiorra = Kyouraku
"Covered" Arrancar = Retsu Unohana
Old 2006-09-21, 04:36   Link #15
lommm
l'homme de lommm

where (and maybe what) is Wanderweiss?? if Aizen made him recently, I thought he was supposed to be up on this level... not part of the ten, but still.....

still no Ichimaru.... *sobs*

so this kind of looks like it is the Bizarro Soul Society... being in underground tunnel 22 is like being in Rukongi to start... i bet they have a long way to go... and Ichigo's fight with Grimmjow will be like his fight with Kenpachi...

I have a question about matchups...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-21, 05:02   Link #16
hdx514
馬甲

komamura vs. tousen
chad would have to avenge his arm first
ishida...his grudge is more against the shinigamis
i'm actually seeing hitsugaya (or with matsumoto together) vs. gin, the blind momo begged him to save aizen from the evil ichimaru. also if aizen goes hollow, so will gin, and there's no way a VC could defeat something like that. same thing with hitsugaya. can't imagine anyone who had a problems with ichinose and ruppi recently defeating the godly aizen. that would be just too lame. in fact i'll bet anyone 100 bucks it doesn't happen. it would have to take yamamoto, or a completed ichigo, or most probably more than 1 captains and other factors to accomplish that.
Old 2006-09-21, 08:44   Link #17
Scrappdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
The female Espada went from highly noticeable to barely noticeable, I guess she was forced to wear a tight shirt inside. And the Espada sitting next to Grimjow looks like one of the Ms. in Baroque Works in One Piece, or a member of Village People - hope his character won't be like those.

nah if u look closely shes wearing the same thing its just that it looks different because of shadowing.
Old 2006-09-21, 10:56   Link #18
Lendial

hm i just realized wonderwiess isnt there, does this mean he is for sure not a vastorode ?
Old 2006-09-21, 11:15   Link #19
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I'm going to go ahead and say that Yamamoto will fight Aizen, as Aizen boasts about being stronger than him, they would want to show this.
Old 2006-09-21, 12:22   Link #20
Dark`
The Terror of Death

The full raw seems to be out now (as per the rules, no mentioning of where to get them of course). Seems like the female arrancar is just as stacked as before...as Scrappdogg said it's probably due to the shadowing and the fact that she's so far back in the frame that it's harder to see. But...you know they're bound to show 'em off again.

Spoiler for stacked female arrancar:

Spoiler for slightly larger version of "Espadas of the Round Table":

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-09-21 at 12:51.
Closed Thread