AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-24, 20:54   Link #1
Reives
Dr.

Send a message via MSN to Reives
Air (Summer) RPG Project - First Release: Map Demo 1.0

Due to the lack of consistent participants in areas of need and resource impotency, the project has come to a closure.

If anyone wants to pick the project up, feel free to email me at Kg_Reivier@hotmail.com. I am able to send the unfinished project file and instruct you on getting the RPG Maker program that's used to construct it. (It's fairly simple and straight-forward to use with practice, no programming knowledge needed for starting, only logic.) I am willing to help with questions and etc. if this is done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The RPG Project's home base is located in my sig if anyone's interested in helping.
*This RPG will follow the original Air TV (Summer arc) and Air in the Summer's storyline, while filling gaps on the briefly told and untold events through the span of the ~1 and a half months of journey.
*Looking for more members for the project.
*Alt+F4 to go full screen.

Although simple and straight forward, this was such a pain. I kept adding more and more stuff to it although in the end they weren't much after setting everything up.

Ah well, here's our Air (Summer) RPG project's first release. There is no actual story-playing content at the moment, just a map for everything to happen on pretty much.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MAP DEMO 1.01

Features:

-The entire shrine map where Kanna, Ryuuya and Uraha stayed at before running away; able to walk around as Uraha's sprite in the area.

-3 Exterior maps (Main, east and west), and full access to all buildings and rooms included.

-The ability to change map attributes. E.g. Rain, foggy morning, sunny day, sunset, night; each with their own custom Air soundtrack's song selection and in some cases unique background sound.
*This is done through 'Items'. Hit the 'esc' key to go to menu, then click items.

-A crude preview of the uses of facesets and character pictures.

Current Project Members:

-Reives/Kan Gao
-Martino
-Rengemaru
-Nani
-Amaranthine (inactive)

Full credits included in demo.

Instructions:
Decompress the .rar, decompress the compressed file within the .rar, and use the Game.exe.

Controls:
Directional arrows to move and select, enter to confirm and perform action, esc to cancel and access menu.

Screenshots bomb:

(Character outline not yet cleaned up; *if anyone could help with that it would be awesome. Hell, why not just join the team? )

All feedback and suggestions welcomed!

Last edited by Reives; 2007-04-24 at 11:43.
Old 2006-10-05, 23:57   Link #2
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Looks pretty good to me, graphics, and music wise. lol at the recite poems attack.

I would have to say that it seems to run quite slowly though (only in the temple area) , at least on my p4 2Ghz. What are the system requirements for this?

I know with some 2d games, things like lots of onscreen sprites/characters can slow down the game, but IMO it doesn't seem the temple area of this demo should be doing this with only few sprites in the area. My PC is pretty old so that could be it.

Sorry I havn't been checking up on this more, been very busy with things lately. I do have a good collection of AIR soundtracks, including some original ones from some of the AIR doujin games if you need them. I have no clue on how to make MIDI's from mp3's though otherwise I could help by doing that
Old 2006-10-07, 14:17   Link #3
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Using front-end, eh? Which RPG maker did you use? Heck, doesn't really matter, I've had experience with them since '95. What roles need to be filled? I think it'd fun to contribute.
Old 2006-10-07, 15:43   Link #4
Reives
Dr.

Send a message via MSN to Reives
Neaco:

I made an event for every block around the ramps of the building for the ability to jump up; and that's at least 50 on the same map; which is probably why it is lagging. The issue is annoy for me as well, I'll have to fix it or alter it sometimes.

Sadly I don't really think it's possible to turn mp3 directly into midi; the only way I know of to create midis is to write them from scratch with midi-making programs (I'm using Finale 2006), so some music background is required.

The system requirements shouldn't be a problem when I take proper care of the current issues.

Fict:

I'm using RMXP, but what is front-end?

At the moment, the most vital role would be graphic editing/creating for sprites and char-pics/face sets. There's no set boundries though, the main info should be posted on the project's forum in my sig; feel free to contribute any ideas or help on any boards there.

However, the compilation progress of the project itself is on somewhat of a halt at the moment due to college mid-terms coming up for me :/
Old 2006-10-07, 17:38   Link #5
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reives View Post
Neaco:
Fict:

I'm using RMXP, but what is front-end?

At the moment, the most vital role would be graphic editing/creating for sprites and char-pics/face sets. There's no set boundries though, the main info should be posted on the project's forum in my sig; feel free to contribute any ideas or help on any boards there.

However, the compilation progress of the project itself is on somewhat of a halt at the moment due to college mid-terms coming up for me :/
Ehheheh, front end is when you use something like RM2k to generate the UI instead of programming the whole thing from scratch (I may be confusing my terms, btw). A few friends of mine back in high school computer science tried that, we ended up with a pretty messy action game lol.
Map design? Why not just use RM2k3's auto-map generator? Heh, naww, less fun that way.
I'm no expert (and I certainly don't know much Ruby), but I can help w/ the programming aspect if you guys are sticking with the current method of doing things. I can also sprite, but ever-so-slowly.

Aside: As for generating a HUGE amount of events, you could have easily done this with the common events feature in RMXP. I don't remember how, exactly, but something to the effect of when a certain button is pushed, move chara jump then forward one. As long as the tile is passable, you'll be able to jump on it. It's far more portable to do this. Also, the lag might be due to overusing timers (DO NOT WANT), but since I don't have RMXP on this computer, I wouldn't know.
Old 2006-11-21, 22:43   Link #6
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

i liket it, i hope u get the game done

thanks for your hard work
Old 2006-11-22, 23:51   Link #7
haloe12

Love the Idea, looks really fun! Which makes me want to play it.... >_>

Is there anyway I can help?
Old 2006-11-23, 05:26   Link #8
martino
makes no files now

Yup, join the forum and I'm sure that Reives will find something for you to do.
Old 2007-01-06, 00:31   Link #9
sliceman22

I thought it was a hentai game>_<
Old 2007-01-06, 18:36   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

We all wish...