Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-02, 03:55   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Exclamation [ SS Arc ] Aizen's Hypnosis Inconsistency

One inconsistency I noted was Aizen fools everyone into believing his Zanpakuto is his deceased corpse with hypnosis on basis of displaying his shikai . without a demonstration to all Sendai no Gotei just a few Taichos and fukus. But how could he possibly gather the entire Sendai no Gotei ?? . And also the Ryoka ( Three Stooges and Inoue ) they would not be under hypnosis .

I mean did all the Sendai no Gotei come for Aizen's hypnosis session in guise of Shikai Demonstration. If so he would have to retort to repeated session of hypnosis .i.e. demonstration of Shikai to cover the vast numbers in Sendai no Gotei ... Wont that create unwanted suspicion . He had to, you never know who all of Sendai no Gotei will come to view the corpse

But showing the whole Sendai no Gotei his shikai I mean that would take a whole lot of demonstrations that’s quite infeasible for anyone even Aizen . Lets say Aizen did go through the trouble of showing everyone in Sendai no Gotei his Shikai wouldn’t that raise unnecessary suspicion??

I find that quite amusing, don’t know how I did not realize it earlier, that itself puzzles me
Old 2006-10-02, 04:07   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

His hypnosis power is drawn from his Shikai, and considering he does have a Bankai, that means he doesn't need to call his Zanpakutou's name to release his shikai.

It's argumentive that he occasionally carries his sword around on neccesary occasions and just allows a slight glimpse everytime (( probably just the edge of the blade )), putting those around him on standby, time after time slowly. After all, he has a lot of time to do so to the neccesary members of the SS.

The Captain Demonstration which is seen by a huge crowd is probably one of the few occasions he can do so in front of Captains and a lot of other Shinigami without wasting too much time, creating scenarios where he can show his Shikai. After all, his created Hollows alone would give him edge in his "show everyone my Shikai" plan.

Since his Shikai can look like anything, he too could've shown anyone a slight glimpse of the sword but the person is made to think that there is no sword.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2006-10-02, 04:23   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I quite in tandem with your post was pretty insightful esp the shikai non utterance part . Hats off to that .

Aizen being Aizen will leave no stone unturned to put his plan in action . But is it not a calculated risk just to demonstrate his shikai to majority or those who matter I mean would'nt Aizen have liked to have 100% succesful plan . I mean one Taicho say Mayuri ( Least intrested in Sendai no Gotei affairs ) would have seen the corpse and immediately recognized it as a fake

Was Aizen willing to take such a risk .. I think thats a major incocnsistency in Aizen's devious plan . Atleast thats my opnion
Old 2006-10-02, 15:29   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

NOTE : There are no inner and outer districts in Seireitei ( Court of pure Souls ) but in Soul Society. Seireitei consist of Division headquaters of Sendai no Gotei squads . 13 of them in total with a centrally placed Centrasl 46 .

And why would the lesser seated seated shinigami be on the boundary of Seireitei ???? . When they Ryoka have already breached Seireitei .
Old 2006-10-03, 00:55   Link #5
hdx514
馬甲

maybe it's S.S. tradition that all shinigamis gather say, every 10 years or so? maybe captains give certain demonstrations while the trainees are still at the academy? maybe aizen has withheld informatin regarding his zanpakutou? who knows~

you ask: was aizen willing to take such a risk. all you need to do is refer to the manga. aizen's all about risks and leaving unneccesary info/trail. what's the single biggest risk in aizen's plan? getting the orb using the method he used, while having a MUCH safer, MUCH simpler and MUCH LESS EVERYTHING method as backup. he could have taken the orb right out of rukia and left, in complete secrecy. no execution, no fake death, no shikai... S.S. would be groping in the dark at best. this way, most if not all the risks are gone.

the real question to ask is not "how he showed his shikai to everyone without suspicion", after all this is the same guy who managed to become the enemy's big boss without any suspicion, i'd say that's a much bigger inconsistency. the real question is "why he chose to get the orb using the execution method which requires all these risky & painstakingly suspicious actions in the first place" and next "why he even bothered to tell unohana the truth about his shikai". maybe the answer to your question would become apparent once these are addressed.
Old 2006-10-03, 04:11   Link #6
kagato3

Azien had only just found out about the other exetraction process after he "died" and was able to spend more time searching the sealed files of the goverment. before that the only way to remove it was to "burn" off Rukia's soul
Old 2006-10-03, 04:43   Link #7
Flashdance
Tower

Hm as far as i know Aizen needs to release his Shikai to hypnotize the people who see it, so simply showing his shikai to them probably wont work. :/
Old 2006-10-03, 06:16   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdance
Hm as far as i know Aizen needs to release his Shikai to hypnotize the people who see it, so simply showing his shikai to them probably wont work. :/
He doesn't need to call the name since he has Bankai, so the moment it is released in front of anyone, he could instantly hypnotize them into thinking Aizen wasn't carrying a sword to begin with. After all, he has God Speed. I'm confident he could draw, release and sheat back his sword in front of regular shinigamis in 0.00001 seconds.

Naturally, it might be harder on Captains since some possess great insight, but that's what the Captain Fake Bankai Demonstration is for.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 06:26   Link #9
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3
Azien had only just found out about the other exetraction process after he "died" and was able to spend more time searching the sealed files of the goverment. before that the only way to remove it was to "burn" off Rukia's soul
yes, he didn't know exactly how the 2nd method works, but he did know the existence of a 2nd method, which involves taking the orb out directly by seperating it from the soul, a method, by its very definition doesn't involve super-incineration of the host in such a grand manner. he knew it must lie somewhere in urahara's past research documents, that's why after he saw the possibility of failure in the 1st plan, he specifically went to look for the 2nd in the library and found it in such a short period of time.

i honestly don't see why he would be willing to painstakingly hyponitize everyone, plan the whole execution meticulously and not in the past 100 years or whatever spared 3 days to do a little book research at some peaceful time. there's no saying that those documents are sealed, you just need the permission of the 46 to enter that's all. even if they are, an infiltration is still much easier than fooling the whole of S.S. after all, aizen did find a lot of urahara's legal and illegal research results, knowing the existence and whereabouts of a backup plan and not checking it out? so much for "leaving no stone unturned"

plus, there's still the question of him unneccessarily explaning everything to everyone
Old 2006-10-03, 08:45   Link #10
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Have i missed something? people not needing to call their shikai because they have a bankai for one...
As far as i know Renji and Byakuya goes around saying their shikai... maybe just for a cool effect? nah
Same for Ichimaru ,Tousen,Ratman, Ukitake, Shunsui.... no? :O
Old 2006-10-03, 09:29   Link #11
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
Have i missed something? people not needing to call their shikai because they have a bankai for one...
As far as i know Renji and Byakuya goes around saying their shikai... maybe just for a cool effect? nah
Same for Ichimaru ,Tousen,Ratman, Ukitake, Shunsui.... no? :O
That's what I was thinking...
Old 2006-10-03, 10:51   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

In their battle, Renji surprises Byakuya by releasing his shikai without calling its name. Byakuya responds that this is an ability that only those who have accomplished bankai can obtain. For some reason though, most shinigami continue to call out their shikai. Dramatic effect I suppose.
Old 2006-10-03, 15:38   Link #13
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
yes, he didn't know exactly how the 2nd method works, but he did know the existence of a 2nd method, which involves taking the orb out directly by seperating it from the soul, a method, by its very definition doesn't involve super-incineration of the host in such a grand manner. he knew it must lie somewhere in urahara's past research documents, that's why after he saw the possibility of failure in the 1st plan, he specifically went to look for the 2nd in the library and found it in such a short period of time.

i honestly don't see why he would be willing to painstakingly hyponitize everyone, plan the whole execution meticulously and not in the past 100 years or whatever spared 3 days to do a little book research at some peaceful time. there's no saying that those documents are sealed, you just need the permission of the 46 to enter that's all. even if they are, an infiltration is still much easier than fooling the whole of S.S. after all, aizen did find a lot of urahara's legal and illegal research results, knowing the existence and whereabouts of a backup plan and not checking it out? so much for "leaving no stone unturned"

Well there are a few things you seem to be overlooking. First it seems Azein had little to no infomation about where the orb was untill after Rukia left for Earth so he did not have years to plan how to get it out of her, he had at most 2 months. Also we don't know if he knew about the backup plan untill he found it in Urahara's work well after his other plan was already in motion

Second Urahara was the head of the 12 divison and SS's R&D the amount of documention on his projects is likely to be enormous even for the sealed research where this would be and I doubt it was filed under "how to get the orb of mass distruction that i hid out of the person i hid it in".

Third I belive only those in Central 46 were even permited to have access to these records, many of them seemed to be state secerts. This group is the one least likely to have seen his shikai and it was in a place where drawn weapons were most likely not allowed. Drawing a weapon there would mean he would more or less need to kill everyone there in short order if he wanted to remain hidden and the longer he tryed to keep it hidden that they were dead the more likely someone would find out about it.

Quote:
plus, there's still the question of him unneccessarily explaning everything to everyone
Ego pure and simple. This is someone that wants to become god and rule heaven. He doesn't just want to win, he wants to rub it in the others face that he won and there is nothing they can do about it. Azien is a smug bastard.
Old 2006-10-03, 21:58   Link #14
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Don't forget that Aizen has a Bankai.

His Bankai's special ability could be that anyone who catches a glimpse of him would automatically be under his spell. Who knows?
Old 2006-10-03, 22:17   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheBlade
Don't forget that Aizen has a Bankai.

His Bankai's special ability could be that anyone who catches a glimpse of him would automatically be under his spell. Who knows?
Correction, his Shikai has that power. Not to mention that the powers of his hypnosis would be much much harder to implement if he has to call his Bankai's name everytime he wants to hypnotize someone.

What his Bankai is capable of so far is unknown.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 22:17   Link #16
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Every city has some districts which are more central and outskirts.

But are you sure there are no restrictions within Seireitai? I can't confirm it at the moment, but I'm sure when Rukia's captain met with Byakuya on the bridge they discussed about carring Zanpakutous around in the inner area, and Byakuya told him that the chief allowed it because of the Ryouka.
From what I know and observed in the Series. Seireitei has Primarily 13 Divisions and their respective Headquarters. These Headquarters serve as lodging are for the whole Division.. Much like a Shogun Castle.

Indeed there are other areas leaving these headqauters. They are, Tower of Penitence. Central 46 (Right in the center of Seireitei ) and some other notable buildings . Seireitei is like an independent city or town. The entry to Seireitei is restricted much like China's Forbidden City.

But there are no districtc in Seireitei only the thirteen Sendai no Gotei headquarters, in SS yes but not in Seiretei. Ukitake meets Byakuya on the bridge of tower of Penitence next to Sokyoku
Old 2006-10-03, 22:24   Link #17
miko tian

why is ichigo hypnotized if he's never seen aizen's soul slayer before ...

or is he not?

im kinda confused
Old 2006-10-04, 01:20   Link #18
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Correction, his Shikai has that power. Not to mention that the powers of his hypnosis would be much much harder to implement if he has to call his Bankai's name everytime he wants to hypnotize someone.

What his Bankai is capable of so far is unknown.
You said it yourself. We don't know what his Bankai is so it could very well just be a buffed-up version of his Shikai
Old 2006-10-04, 01:48   Link #19
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko tian
why is ichigo hypnotized if he's never seen aizen's soul slayer before ...

or is he not?

im kinda confused

If Aizen isn't lying about the fact that he's reached the limits of all four combat techniques, then I think it's irrelevant whether or not Ichigo was actually hypnotized; essentially Aizen could beat Ichigo any way he wanted to.
Closed Thread