Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 15:22   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[Manga] Chapter 251 Discussion

Title: All Color But Black

Summary:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-11-09 at 17:43.
Old 2006-11-09, 15:29   Link #2
lommm
l'homme de lommm

um..... nice of you to start the thread, but i think you mean to say

"[Manga] Chapter 251 Discussion"

and not chapter 247 as that was several weeks ago...
Old 2006-11-09, 15:30   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
um..... nice of you to start the thread, but i think you mean to say

"[Manga] Chapter 251 Discussion"

and not chapter 247 as that was several weeks ago...
Typos was Reffering to 247 named 247 instead of 251 Mod Please

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-11-09 at 17:26.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:17   Link #4
gibits
Endless

I think Kubo is losing his touch. This chapter was yet another "Espada-lvl oppenent"....... well not really but hey they USED to be Espada. Kubo's basically saying "I want to show you real bad guy strength without showing the real bad guys". He's been doing that for the whole arc......

Kubo has so many characters to work with why is he playing his cards so close? Before we get to see a freaction of the Soul Society capts, we get 20 more elite fighters. I mean these super power beings are just popping up all over the place that its really making me question Kubo's stort-telling.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:23   Link #5
yuchan

I like this Ex-Espada guy! His fighting style is very flashy. I hope he's in a game later on. And i can't wait to see this fight animated. And it's not even the end. But i'm sure at this point Ichigo is gonna just kick his ass from next chapter on.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:37   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The most intresting thing will be that smoke coming out of Nell's Mask what is that possibly a powerup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
I think Kubo is losing his touch. This chapter was yet another "Espada-lvl oppenent"....... well not really but hey they USED to be Espada. Kubo's basically saying "I want to show you real bad guy strength without showing the real bad guys". He's been doing that for the whole arc......

Kubo has so many characters to work with why is he playing his cards so close? Before we get to see a freaction of the Soul Society capts, we get 20 more elite fighters. I mean these super power beings are just popping up all over the place that its really making me question Kubo's stort-telling.

Actually it has more to do with Bleach Manga Season 1 . Ichigo was invincible at the end leaving against Aizen . If that same Ichigo continues it would be one hell of a boring Bleach . So Kubo potrays Ichi as an underdog .

Yeah but I agree with you on that Ichi is being pawned way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
I like this Ex-Espada guy! His fighting style is very flashy. . And it's not even the end. But i'm sure at this point Ichigo is gonna just kick his ass from next chapter on.
Doli is teh Smex xP
Old 2006-11-09, 22:42   Link #7
Cooper

lol

Title is "Baron's Lecture 1st Period" btw
Old 2006-11-09, 22:56   Link #8
miko tian

im rather disappointed at how much ichigo is getting owned, jesus. when he went to soul society, he was really just kicking ass and taking names. now, he's just pansying out

"no i don't want to use my bankai, i'm afraid of my hollow side "

good hollows? what's gonna be next? quincy revival?

bleach has been disappointing to say the least
Old 2006-11-10, 12:10   Link #9
majin_vegeta

Are you kidding me? This one is so much better. Ichigo was way too arrogant in his power after soul society. He fought a few fights and actually managed to come out with his head still on his shoulders. But, I don't think his confidence is well deserved. He's strong, but he isn't so strong that he can ignore everyone elses' power. I think this arc is more about Ichigo realizing that he needs help and that there is still alot of room for him to grow. This fight should be great for him. He can learn something from this fight and actually kill his opponent without it hurting the story line.
Old 2006-11-11, 00:51   Link #10
hdx514
馬甲

ichigo's arrogance drags the plot and helps kubo make easy money. it's like back in the filler anime when he couldn't bankai and as a result got tossed around by a bunch of weaklings. if his hollow doesn't mess with him bankai ichigo's too strong compared to his friends so they gotta strip it one way or another. baron's lecture = ichigo's training. i think they're degrading ichigo's shikai too much though, after all it gave kenpachi one of the best fights in life, floored 3 VCs in an instant and overpowered the super phoenix. that's no infant
Old 2006-11-11, 01:05   Link #11
AmbiDextrose

I detect another 'Zangetsu moment' coming up in the next few chapters. . . .
Old 2006-11-11, 10:29   Link #12
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko tian View Post
"no i don't want to use my bankai, i'm afraid of my hollow side "
That's not his reasoning right now though--he conquered the hollow. His reasoning is that if he has to use his bankai at this point, what the hell is he supposed to use when he meets up with even stronger enemies?
Old 2006-11-11, 11:31   Link #13
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Ichigio is going to get pwned some more and then Nell is going to save the day. Because Ichigo said so himself, there´s no way he can use his trumph card against every opponent he comes across.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-11-11, 16:05   Link #14
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
to stop getsuga tenshou without zanpaktou as espada (or ex) is nothing special
and now owninig Ichigo so much... I hope Ichigo'll get to the same badassery as in Ikkaku's fight after getting slapped silly

if Nelly won't interupt the fight, than maybe Hichigo will try to come in, and Ichigo will protest and win
Old 2006-11-11, 16:08   Link #15
DestinyFate
Shana <3

maybe it will be like last time when he fight renji when he suddenly become very strong and owns dol doni
Old 2006-11-11, 16:35   Link #16
Zek
Eyebrows...

If Nell somehow saves him here that would kill the entire point of Ichigo not using bankai. He wants to prove to himself that he's much stronger than this guy, because he knows that he has to be in order to stand a chance against the real Espada. If he's saved by Nell then he'll have to admit that he's not much better than this ex-Espada at all.

I guess that could be the point though. Maybe this is where Ichigo will have to admit that he really can't do it by himself and he needs to let his friends help out if he's going to save Inoue.
Old 2006-11-11, 17:56   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
If Nell somehow saves him here that would kill the entire point of Ichigo not using bankai. He wants to prove to himself that he's much stronger than this guy, because he knows that he has to be in order to stand a chance against the real Espada. If he's saved by Nell then he'll have to admit that he's not much better than this ex-Espada at all.
If Ichigo thinks he can beat someone, maybe close to Byakuya level (possible), without using bankai then he would admit the role of being stupid or careless or whatever you would like to call it.

Just like he received help in SS and in the human world, he will also receive help in hueco mundo, and that is a given, according to the flow of the story.
Old 2006-11-11, 22:33   Link #18
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Nell is going to go Super Arrankar Lvl.3 and kill the homoerotic fallen Espada.

Then rape ichigo [ in the good way. ]
Old 2006-11-12, 01:14   Link #19
knack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
Nell is going to go Super Arrankar Lvl.3 and kill the homoerotic fallen Espada.

Then rape ichigo [ in the good way. ]
rape in the good way?

As others have stated, I think Ichigo's reasoning is, even he doesnt have the stamina to release Bankai every second. If you think about it, the castle is probably surrounds with hordes of espada and if he uses the bankai every time he fights one of those, he will be a sitting duck when he faces the 10 and Aizen.
Old 2006-11-12, 17:56   Link #20
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
rape in the good way?
Rape as in sex, not rape as in murderlate.
Closed Thread