AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-10, 02:56   Link #1
tkdtiger

What teams will be important in the future against akatsuki [Manga]

I think Gai and his team will be extremely important as the story goes on. Gai and Kisame there is little doubt that these two will at one point fight each other. I think in this we'll see some more of the improvements that Neji has gained as well as Rock Lee. Hopefully we'll see some more of Ten Ten, but I got a feeling it will be for the most part Lee and Neji who will play an important role in the naruto universe. Gai prob. will be important one begins to wonder what will become of Gai. To Kisame it has become a personal vendetta. With Rock Lee's connection and bond to Gai one will wonder if Gai will play a similar role to Lee as Asuma played to Shika. I always thought Gai would be killed eventually in the Manga protecting his students and I still got that gut feeling.

Another team to look closely at is Asuma's team. With the death of Asuma you're going to see Shika. Ino. Cho. want to do more. Akatsuki has now become personal for their group.

Kurenai now has a personal grudge against the akatsuki. Lets see how she decides to handle it. I think we'll eventually see various characters like Shino and hinata at work. I actually think Chiba will play a lesser role or 2 reasons. 1) Hinata's one of Kishi. favorite characters, thus it's safe to assume that at somepoint he'll want to show how Hinata has grown as a character and at this point it would seem to be perfect
2) Shino hasn't been seen as much. He's mysterious and he alot of character developement for the future.

Of course there's Naruto's team, but right now I think Naruto's team will be concentrating more on Oro. first. THe grudge against akatsuki isn't quite as personal as the other 3 teams, but with the attack on the Sand Village and the death and res. it's got to be in the back of Naruto's mind. I also believed that at some point Kakashi or even Jiraiya or both of these guys would be killed leaving someone else to lead the group eventually. Of course this is the most important team since Naruto's in it.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 04:13   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

All the Rookies (Kiba, Shino, Ino, Hinata, Sakura, Shikamaru, Chouji, Naruto+Team Gai)

They will be become the next elite jounins...their sensei's will probably die.
Old 2006-11-10, 09:09   Link #3
MobiuS

Especially Kakashi. There can only be so many sharingans / MS available ..
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 10:30   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Most of the sensei will not die. Naruto is ultimately an optimistic manga with relatively few deaths (among good characters anyway). The story's getting a little darker, but I think it will keep the same overall tone when it comes to deaths

The Konoha rookie teams for the most part will play a large role in defeating Akatasuki. But there's also the sand trio. Temari and Kankorou haven't had any major battles in the new arc. Plus as Chiyo has shown us, new characters who don't belong to any team might be as important as well. Maybe Yugito, if she can manage to escape, will be a valuable ally.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 11:16   Link #5
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I can see shikamaru's team going up against akatsuki's hidan and kakuzu. Shika is smart enough to make it work. But which team can handle deidara and tobi? Gaara (a kazekage) fell to them. Which team can handle Itachi and Kisame? I don't see hinata's team or neji's team being a good match against any of the akatsuki 2 man squads. Also it already seems Itachi has a rival (kakashi) and kisame has a rival (Gai), and that conflict will be resolved in that way, rather than some foreign rookie team getting involved. The only way I see Rock lee jumping in is if somehow (this is impossible of course) Kisame kills Gai. Then I could see rock lee getting involved.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 11:31   Link #6
Ichimaru

i wonder if sai will get any action......
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 11:46   Link #7
Ero-Senn1n

There are also servants of akatsuki and wannabe-akatsukians like Tobi, they seem weak enough to be good against ex-genins. However that would introduce more people like Yuura or Kabuto, as they were servants of Sasori, but it would be boring to see dozen of such people being introduced. I think they may be only used as noname jounins who are simple servants of akatsuki and are just there as a measuring stick for the ex-genin's power. For really interesting fights however we need real akatsukians, so it's difficult to say if any of the ex-genins would be able to go fight even the weakest akatsukian. My vote goes for the Neji - Lee - Temari trio + Gai as those most close to being able to seriously fight against a weaker duo, for example against Deidara+Tobi. Where Gai takes one akatsukian and the other 3 take the other one with good teamwork. However i just don't see any chance of any team going against Itachi+Kisame, they would be slaughtered at the first second. The same would be if we took a Sasori+Deidara duo, they are lucky that Chiyo+lot's of luck did the job
They are only chuunins now, that's not enough against akatsuki, in 1on1 i can imagine Neji vs Tobi, don't think any other pairing would work.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 13:03   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well IF Yugito (i really forgot about that ....dude-looking-girl) can miraculous escape she'll probably can become a perm. member of team Asuma (Tsunade can do this...)

Shikamaru becomes sensei....
Chouji, Ino & Yugito...they will all think that this new person is a guy so the teams are ok...
Old 2006-11-10, 13:06   Link #9
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think that at the absolute most we could see a death rate of maybe one Konoha ninja per year. And even that would be really dark compared to how the series has gone thus far.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 13:12   Link #10
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well IF Yugito (i really forgot about that ....dude-looking-girl) can miraculous escape she'll probably can become a perm. member of team Asuma (Tsunade can do this...)

Shikamaru becomes sensei....
Chouji, Ino & Yugito...they will all think that this new person is a guy so the teams are ok...
Whoa, isn't that kind of a harsh judgement of Yugito's looks?

She looks pretty feminine to me (she wears lipstick, has a few curves). Maybe we're just so used to the pretty boys Deidara, Orochimaru (second body), Sai and of course Haku, that some of the plainer looking females look boyish in comparison. I doubt her becoming a permanent member of Asuma's team though. She's offically a Cloud ninja.
Old 2006-11-10, 13:18   Link #11
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Whoa, isn't that kind of a harsh judgement of Yugito's looks?

She looks pretty feminine to me (she wears lipstick, has a few curves). Maybe we're just so used to the pretty boys Deidara, Orochimaru (second body), Sai and of course Haku, that some of the plainer looking females look boyish in comparison.
Well i remember a certain boy who looked more like a girl then for example: Sakura or Ino...and even Naruto admitted that he she... was more pretty then Sakura.... (Haku)

Then there was Deidara (also for months a huge mystery whether it was a male or female) and still i am not conviced...so i apoligize if i sound rude...or offended someone (because he she is attracted to Yugito )
Old 2006-11-10, 13:38   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well i remember a certain boy who looked more like a girl then for example: Sakura or Ino...and even Naruto admitted that he she... was more pretty then Sakura.... (Haku)

Then there was Deidara (also for months a huge mystery whether it was a male or female) and still i am not conviced...so i apoligize if i sound rude...or offended someone (because he she is attracted to Yugito )
Exactly. People initially thought the genders of these characters were female and they turned out to be male. So now when we are introduced to a character with feminine or androgynous features we assume them to be male (or at least think twice about them being female). So it's not so much that Yugito looks masculine, it's just that we've come to expect people with feminine characteristics to be male! It's really kind of cruel of Kishi to pull mind tricks like that.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:36   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

The greatest trick would be...(years later....Naruto proposes Sakura) and it turns out to be a boy/man.

That would be the greatest shock of all time. But yeah we dont know what this guy is thinking. A dude should look like a dude...not something that we need to speculate about (for weeks or months).
Old 2006-11-12, 22:41   Link #14
Neji_Hyuuga

Location: Indonesia, the country of multiple cultural backgrounds...visit my country guys. It's very beutiful.
The most important formation of Konoha's Shinobis in the future would be Naruto's team ( with Sai in it ), Shikamaru's team, Kiba's team, and of course Neji's team. BUt I'm really looking forward to Sasuke's return to Konohagakure. Imagine him and Naruto fighting side by side against Akatsuki!!!!!

Last edited by Neji_Hyuuga; 2006-11-12 at 22:57.
Neji_Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 23:07   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji_Hyuuga
The most important formation of Konoha's Shinobis in the future would be Naruto's team ( with Sai in it ), Shikamaru's team, Kiba's team, and of course Neji's team. BUt I'm really looking forward to Sasuke's return to Konohagakure. Imagine him and Naruto fighting side by side against Akatsuki!!!!!
Wouldn't bet on Sasuke returning to Konoha, but he might end up in a situation where he's forced to work with Naruto against Akatsuki.
Old 2006-11-12, 23:32   Link #16
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000

well its now obivious from the lastest manga that team 10 will playing greater role than any other but not more than kakashi team.\

and i have kinda of a feeling that later on some is going to die agin in one of the 3 teams??

Guess who???
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 23:47   Link #17
Xelsol

Thing is, even if Sasuke wanted to come back to Konoha, after being under Oro's care, and trying to kill Konoha shinobi, I doubt they would just welcome him back with open arms... no matter how much influence Naruto may have over Tsunade, desicions like those are probably out of her hands. Think about it as Itachi or Oro trying to come back to Konoha.

And about the boy looking like a girl thing, it happens alot in manga and anime... its not just Kishi. Also, if anybody is to join/lead Shika's team, I doubt it will be somebody we already know. It would probably be a new character like what we've seen in Naruto's team.

And lastly, for some reason, I get the feeling that Shika's team won't be going alone if they are going after Hidan and Kakuzu. I think as they are leaving, they will encounter Kurenai and/or Konohamaru (and gang?). Besides, we really haven't seen too much of him or how much he has learned as a shinobi. Both Kurenai and Konohamaru probably want revenge just as much as Shika' team.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 17:01   Link #18
Ryuujin

I hope Team 8 gets to have a big role. Kurenai and Hinata, in particular, have an abysmal record when it comes to canon fights (one each, and against the worst possible opponents...) and I'd like to see that change...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 11:52   Link #19
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I agree....which is also why they are considred weak...by most guy's and girls here.

And i'd say they did pretty good..
Old 2006-11-14, 12:56   Link #20
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
I think that probably Gai's team (TenTen, Neji, Lee) will fight against akatsuki and not once.
I also believe in Kurenai's team (Hinata, Kiba, Shino)...I dunno what, but they are pretty strong, aren't they?Mostly Shino.
Not pretty shure about Asuma's team, because...Ino is really weak >_< Shikamaru is pretty cool, yeah, he's a chuunin...Chouji is not bad at all too...But Ino...
Charmmy Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote