AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 08:16   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 335 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.
---
Sorry, no summary this week either ...
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 09:14   Link #2
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Sorry, no summary this week either ...

Damn...I miss your summaries Syaoran. They're always great and really thorough.

EDIT: See below for summary. Credit goes to leafninja, as I do not know Japanese I cannot translate myself. I just thought it'd be nice to have a summary this week.

Chapter 335: "The Terrible Secret!!"

The group jumps away to avoid the attack. Hidan jumps to attack Kakashi who parries with a kunai and then retreats. Hidan compliments his skills. Kakashi tells his teammates that after four Raikiri and Sharingan he can't delay. Chouji asks why Kakuzu isn't dead. Kakashi surmises he crushed his heart, except it belonged to the thing inside which is now dead. Shikamaru explains he saw something similar when Kakuzu extended his arm. They theorize each monster has a heart, to defeat him you must kill all five. Kakuzu says yes, and if he loses a heart he'll simply take theirs. Kakashi asks Shikamaru what the attack plan is and he states to split into two teams, and stop the combo attacks. Ino says she'll go after Hidan but Shikamaru says no, Shintenshin is too risky. He'll take Hidan and after he captures him, they'll move him elsewhere. Chouji says he'll be the bait to capture Hidan but Shikamaru says that won't work either. Chouji needs to work with Kakashi to take out Kakuzu, he alone will take out Hidan and carry out his plan. Kakashi gives Shikamaru back the item from earlier. Shikamaru extends his shadow and the two Akatsuki maneuver away. While Kakashi charges Kakuzu, Hidan chides Shikamaru for being afraid and attacking from afar. However he is forced to retreat again as Shikamaru threw his shadow blade with his shadow. It barely misses Hidan's shadow, who further retreats up a tree. Shikamaru launches the second shadow blade which barely misses Hidan's shadow again. Hidan looks at his shadow and smiles, thinking over how easy it is to avoid the jutsu attack if he just watches his shadow. In an instant he looks up in shock to see Shikamaru himself moving in close to strike him with his fist. Their bodies and shadows connect and Shikamaru states he doesn't just do ranged attacks. He quickly retreats with a successful shadow bind...

Last edited by rman0099; 2006-12-14 at 12:23.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 09:15   Link #3
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Spoiler:
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 09:53   Link #4
crossfade
copy ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to crossfade
excited....

cant wait to see what will happen for this chapter..
crossfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 10:58   Link #5
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Ho ho ho man! this is one SICK chapter, again heh every time I think about a heart inside Kakuzu's arm it reminds me of that old Jason Movie heh. Alright, lets get down to business, so 4 mask's 5 heart's, we can assume that it's 5 mask's (the reason his head is covered like that might be due to a mask sewed to his face of course this is an assumption, the 5th mask could be anywhere on his body. (stomach) That "body" might not even be real just cast off skin sewed together something Kakuzu uses to store him self plus the 4 heart's and thread's in, I'm suggesting Kakuzu's real self might be exactly like those mask's made of string's and a mask with his original heart.

We can also assume, right now currently with in his body resides 1 heart, the 4 mask's jumped out of his body, they cant move on their own without a heart (the arm example) one's dead, 3 are out side that leaves Kakuzu's body with one heart. (Heh I wonder if Kakashi kills that heart will one of the Mask's jump back in to Kakuzu's body to "keep him alive")

Now Kakuzu states that all these hearts were taken from Shinobi he fought in the past, now does he mean all 5 hearts, or does he mean 4 hearts? Having his own heart, means he has his own affinity however, if all 5 heart's are from different Shinobi that means he lost his heart in a past battle along with his own affinity some time, some where, against some one. Does not really matter though, because 5 hearts = 5 elements. I find it funny how Kishimoto didn’t have Kakuzu use, water or earth lol damn Kishi he wants people to keep debating over the whole "Did Kakashi kill the Earth Element Heart, or the Water Element Heart". Whatever, I'm 50-50 I'll just wait it out, Kakuzu will sooner or later use either earth or water.

Kakashi is pretty damn good with a Kunai lol, blocking that huge ass scythe 4 times... It's like blocking a samurai sword with a damn butter knife lol . In any case, Kakashi asking Shikamaru on "how to go about" really impressed me, Shika just keeps getting better and better the way he caught Hidan pure genius.

"Shikamaru: I'll do it, once I have him in my Kagemane we'll move." Hmm, this sentence could indicate what the little thing that Kakashi gave back to Shikamaru, which Shika gave to Kakashi before is. It possible it might be a scroll for teleportation of some sort, (Kind of like how Iruka was summoned when the Heaven and Earth scroll's were mixed) meaning... exactly how does Shikamaru plan to "move" with Hidan, running? Your kidding me right, how far is he going to run. These are Ninja's it would take Hidan no time at all to come back, not to mention its not like the Kagemane last's an hour so Shikamaru can put some serious distance between them.

The only thing that worries me is, once Shika and Hidan “move away” then what? I mean.. this is Shikamaru, unless he has a ace up his sleeve (which I’m sure he does, he would not do some stupid shit without knowing what he’s getting in to first) he’s fucked. In any case his ace is most likely “that thing” I'm thinking “that thing” has something to do with Shikamaru and Hidan "moving". If not... it's some pill or something that Shikamaru will plant on / in to Hidan using the help of the Kagemane. It could be a bomb which Shikamaru places on Hidan using the Kagemane then runs back which causes Hidan to run the other way after getting far enough Shikamaru releases the Kagemane, and activates it. Kaboom Hidan all over the place. Now its 11 AM in Brooklyn I got back from a party like 3 hour’s ago, decided to stay up for the release I’m tired as shit so before I nose dive in to my keyboard I bid you all a good night.
Old 2006-12-14, 11:18   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm wondering if "that thing" isn't actually a sample of Hidan's blood. Then they may try to force Hidan's to use his voodoo technique on himself and see what happens
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 11:37   Link #7
gibits
Endless

Ahhh Shinkamaru proves yet again how cool he is. Everyone makes fun of how predictable his jutsu is but all have been caught by it. That's 4 times Hidan has been caught by the same justu, talk about dense. I think the original plan was for Kakashi to use that vial (or whatever it is) on Hidan, but he changed the plan once he got more infomation.

So now Shinkamaru will solo Hidan, while the rest will take on Kakuza. Makes sense since Kakuza is certainly the bigger threat compared to that one-trick pony Hidan.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:09   Link #8
flexx

to get hidan 4 times is not that difficult ^^
he doesn't seem to be a super intelligent genius.

I wonder why shikamaru wants to run away and not letting Ino take over hidan's body (what seems to be the regular tactic).
And what did Kakashi gave Shikamaru. Seems quite important to beat hidan.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:16   Link #9
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexx View Post
I wonder why shikamaru wants to run away and not letting Ino take over hidan's body (what seems to be the regular tactic).
Yeah, i was wondering that too. Why not just shadowbind Hidan, then let Ino take over him and then fight Kakuzu? Im guessing that thing that Kakashi gave Shika is going to royally screw Hidan ...
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:23   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Man oh man, the plot keeps getting weirder by the minute and at the same time ever-so much cooler. Here we have an immortal voodoo-priest wannabe and a guy with 5-hearts. Having those 2 fight Shikamaru and his troupe is sure to bring up some very interesting results. After all, conventional tactics are not going to work on them so they too will have to try something that's completely "unorthodox". I really am interested as to how our heroes wil deal with the Freakshow Pair?
Old 2006-12-14, 12:28   Link #11
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin56 View Post
Yeah, i was wondering that too. Why not just shadowbind Hidan, then let Ino take over him and then fight Kakuzu? Im guessing that thing that Kakashi gave Shika is going to royally screw Hidan ...
Maybe the thing that Kakashi handed to Shika is, like ProtoMan said, a sample of Hidan's blood, then he has to let Hidan do the ritual think to then put some of the blood on is mouth (with the kage mane) and try killing him thet way.
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:36   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
Maybe the thing that Kakashi handed to Shika is, like ProtoMan said, a sample of Hidan's blood, then he has to let Hidan do the ritual think to then put some of the blood on is mouth (with the kage mane) and try killing him thet way.
-Nice idea but how in the world could they have gathered a sample of Hidan's blood? From what noticed most of the blood that he lost was absorbed by his cloak. Unless of course they got it from the time when his head was sliced off by Asuma but even then we did not see a visible blood pool forming.
Old 2006-12-14, 12:39   Link #13
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

It could be on Asuma's body from when he sliced Hidan's head or on the ground for the same reason or when hidan was woulding himself on his acts of self plesure
Old 2006-12-14, 12:39   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Shika + Kakashi=ultimate tag team. Oh yeah, Ino and Chouji are there too, I guess. I wonder why Shikamaru wasn't promoted to Jounin during the timeskip? The bastard was probably so lazy that he didn't bother taking whatever test was needed to get promoted. But I think he's earning it this battle. Now that he's laid out yet another plan, I'm thinking even more that Naruto isn't going to save the day this time. This should be an Ino-Shika-Cho victory/vengeance, with assistance from Kakashi (Akatsuki's gotta save face right? I mean losing to three chuunin..).

Hidan got caught in Kage Mane again -___- . I guess he doesn't care since he can't really be hurt anyway. And Kakuzu is a patchwork quilt of dead shinobi which makes me wonder if he was ever once a normal ninja who's body has just been modified like Sasori or if he's a Frankenstein's monster type creation made with kinjutsu. Because he values money so much I'm going to assume that he was once a normal human, but I'd like some kind of backstory before he dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman
I'm wondering if "that thing" isn't actually a sample of Hidan's blood. Then they may try to force Hidan's to use his voodoo technique on himself and see what happens.
Only thing is, Hidan's mouth has been filled with his own blood when he's gotten injuries before, so he must've tasted his own blood before. All the blood really does is create a link between the opponent and the user of the voodoo jutsu, so if Hidan tastes his own blood it shouldn't really do anything. But I'll honestly say I have no idea what's in the vial, it may be the blood.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:42   Link #15
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
It could be on Asuma's body from when he sliced Hidan's head or on the ground for the same reason or when hidan was woulding himself on his acts of self plesure
-But even so Asuma was bleeding profuselly his own blood so how would they know which is who's? The ground seems to be the most plausible but you forget that it was raining soon after which more than likely washed away any stray blood on the ground so that rules out that theory.
Old 2006-12-14, 12:45   Link #16
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Yeah it kinda does and after Sabaku Kyu's post I really don't think it would be Hidan's blood after all...
Old 2006-12-14, 12:46   Link #17
Nanatsu

Anyone consider that it might be Kakuzu's blood somehow? I mean Kakashi did just put a hand through his chest...
Nanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:50   Link #18
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

@Nanatsu they just said that Kakuzo has 5 hearts so he has 5 circulatory systems for each mask... so he would only kill one of them ! And the plan would be difrent if it was they would distract Kakuzo and focus on Hidan not the other way around
Old 2006-12-14, 12:51   Link #19
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu View Post
Anyone consider that it might be Kakuzu's blood somehow? I mean Kakashi did just put a hand through his chest...
-Now that's actually somewhat plausible but then why would Shikamaru and the rest have been surprised when Kakashi rammed the Raikiri through Kakuzu's chest if that vial was there to obtain a sample of Kakuzu's blood?
Old 2006-12-14, 13:01   Link #20
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Now that's actually somewhat plausible but then why would Shikamaru and the rest have been surprised when Kakashi rammed the Raikiri through Kakuzu's chest if that vial was there to obtain a sample of Kakuzu's blood?
They obviously didn't think Kakuzu had five lives. If indeed the vial was to capture a sample of Kakuzu's blood, it was probably a fallback plan on Shikamaru's part in case the surprise attack didn't finish him(we've all seen how good Akatsuki is at escaping death).

I think it's plausible that the plan Shikamaru discussed with them was to get a vial of Kakuzu's blood and feed it to Hidan. Then they can fight him normally and double up the damage on Kakuzu to get through his hearts faster. The only problem is getting Hidan to do the mirror-damage jutsu in the first place. They'll have to get him to start it on somebody else and then switch the target to Kakuzu afterwards - my guess is that Shikamaru planned all this out in advance, and when he said he would play "that role" after capturing, he meant he would be the victim of that jutsu. That still doesn't explain why he captured Hidan first rather than afterwards, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote