AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-04, 01:11   Link #1
shadowlord_756

Something like Trinity Blood

I'm trying to find an anime along the lines of Trinity Blood. I liked the kinda feeling that anime gave off XD. Something close to chrno crusade or black cat is fine too XD (I just noticed they are all gonzo productions lol). Doesn't really have to be blood sucking vampires but something supernatural doesn't hurt. Code Geass isn't quite along the same lines but something close to that will do as well.

Also does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel to Trinity Blood? Black Cat and Chrno Crusade ended off okay but TB makes me ache for more....they didn't explain anything....
Old 2007-01-04, 01:38   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Apart from Hellsing series there is one good vampire anime which caught my eye and that was Black Blood Brothers . Its an action comedy like TB with equal emphasis given to both . One more is Legend of Duo this is an old one nothat new compared to TB and BBB

BBB

Legend of Duo
Old 2007-01-04, 01:48   Link #3
shadowlord_756

I think Ill give legend of duo a try (kinda short though lol). Anything longer else thats longer? Btw I should add that I've seen hellsing tv it was okay... but imo cant compare to trinity blood. I guess Ill try bbb too but Im looking for more of the feeling of the Trinity Blood anime as opposed to its genre (vampires). Bad-ass protagonists certainly help XD. A little romance is good too. Its kinda hard to describe the kinda feeling I get from tb tho. Hope you guys get what I mean like the half sad half happy feeling though not quite bittersweet. Agh just use the above mentioned animes (tb, cc, bc) as examples XD

Should add that something more serious is good. I dont want something too psychotic but nothing too light either. Like fma was a good balance. XD
Old 2007-01-04, 01:50   Link #4
raffy06

How about BLOOD+? 50 episodes. It's quite a good action series in my opinion.

And Elfen Lied? It's short though but it certainly left an impression on me.
Old 2007-01-04, 01:54   Link #5
shadowlord_756

Elfen Lied I've seen but I was looking for something slightly longer and more complex setting.

Blood+ looks like its worth watch. Is it more action oriented or more story based?
Old 2007-01-04, 02:01   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Black Blood Brothers is very similar to TB . There is a hint of romance just like Abelu and Lilith . Its not the those typical Vampire Physcotic genres its not spectacular like TB but will live up to your expectation even may pleasantly suprise . Here too the grouse Protagonist has aginst Anatgonist is romance related .

Blood+ is not like TB but a good Vampire Genre Anime its story oriented with right dose of action . After ep 13 you will be hooked on to Blood+ .
Old 2007-01-04, 02:02   Link #7
raffy06

I would say that there's a pretty good mix of both: there's development in the story and also good action scenes. But again, that's my opinion only!
Old 2007-01-04, 03:56   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
if you liked trinity blood anime series then check out the manga youll love it, i ead volum 1 first befoe seeing the series and aftr seeing the ending of the series i thought it was kinda crap beside several scenes

theyre also making manga novels of trinity blood
Old 2007-01-04, 08:18   Link #9
Kaya

I like TB also... actually I LOVE IT!! Hope for more of TB
Old 2007-01-04, 11:37   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

TB manga is a lot darker or more goth than the Anime . Chracter design blows you away , the anime is toned down for genral veiwing also I was not very pleased with the way they used Sword Dancer Chara . After watching BBB, Legend of Duo and Blood+ do read TB manga its worth it

Manga Abelu =]
Old 2007-01-04, 13:00   Link #11
shadowlord_756

One more question: Does Legend of Duo have an op/ed? Its only 5 minutes per episode so Im wondering if they just shortened it or left it out altogether?
Old 2007-05-05, 13:59   Link #12
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
ah, can i have a question here? Is there going to be a sequel of Trinity Blood Because his !@#$%& Ending SUCKS.
I hate the ending because i don't know what happen to Cain after the battle.
Old 2007-05-06, 14:11   Link #13
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
there's probably no anime sequel coming for Trinity Blood, it is still uncertain if the manga is going to be longer than the anime, right now there are more things included int he manga that were not put in the anime but whether or not they will go on when they get to the ending anime point im not sure
Closed Thread