AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-04, 02:10   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

[manga] the greatest hokage

Many have argued who's greater, the third hokage or the fourth. Some even say the first hokage was the greatest. But generally the argument all comes down to either the third of fourth hokage. I know for a fact that the fourth hokage was indeed the greatest, but some still think its the third hokage simply because he was called the greatest once or maybe twice. And at the same time they ignore the fact that the fourth was also called the greatest on a number of occasions most notably by the third hokage himself. Here are some examples:

1. The third hokage says that the fourth is the greatest shinobi Konoha ever produced

2. Anko wished that the fourth hokage was there during the Chuunin exams when Oro striked. If the third was the greatest, then I'm sure she would've simply wished that he were younger.

3. During the invasion the third hokage said to Orochimaru that even if he kills him a new and stronger hokage will arise, when he said this an image of the fourth hokage popped in his mind.

4. Recently Kakashi told Naruto that the one who can surpass the fourth hokage is him. If the third was indeed the strongest then he would've mentioned him instead.

Now I ask is their anyone still skeptical.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 04:37   Link #2
Cha0s

what the hell are you talking about? Everyone knows the fourth was the greatest the 3rd was the professor, who knew all the jutsu's of konoha but everyone knows the fourth is the best rofl

also, it doesn't flash back to yondaime.. it goes to naruto when hes fighting gaara lol.

Last edited by Cha0s; 2007-02-04 at 04:55.
Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 10:09   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

There are many indications that shows that the 4th was the strongest human so far...but does that matter now? This has been discussed since the beginning of Naruto.

There are countless threads about this...with both sides having signs which shows that either the 3rd or 4th was that great...
Old 2007-02-04, 10:15   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Your point #1 and #3 are false and the #2 is grasping at straw.
In the other hand Jiraiya said that the 4th was the greatest shinobi in history and the narrator mentioned Yondaime as Konoha's greatest hero.

For Sandaime in addition to the instances in the manga, the Data Books state a couple of time things like :
"The "Professor" revered as the strongest Hokage in History." and "History's Strongest", "Genius", etc., there are many words that describe the Sandaime Hokage." or "Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as History's strongest Hokage.", etc.

I will probably merge this thread with an older one later but the Search feature doesn't seem to work well right now.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 20:52   Link #5
Dickon Manwoody

The greatest is the 13th Hokage.

C'mon, prove me wrong. You can't, can you? All hail Choji Akimichi the VII

Last edited by Dickon Manwoody; 2007-02-05 at 21:02.
Dickon Manwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 08:16   Link #6
amOKchen
duel me

Sandaime was praised as the strongest hokage, not the strongest ninja - and yondaime was hokage as well ^^
But hard to tell, we have had indicators on both of them teling that they were revered and known as the strongest..
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 09:18   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by amOKchen View Post
Sandaime was praised as the strongest hokage, not the strongest ninja - and yondaime was hokage as well ^^
But hard to tell, we have had indicators on both of them teling that they were revered and known as the strongest..
-Perhaps all those indicators about the Sandaime and Yondaime Hokage refer to their abilities in their prime? Sandaime was certainly admirable even as an aged man but he certainly wasn't at his best when he fought Orochimaru. Yondaime Hokage however is another story altogether since there is still so very little information about him...
Old 2007-02-07, 12:07   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Perhaps all those indicators about the Sandaime and Yondaime Hokage refer to their abilities in their prime? Sandaime was certainly admirable even as an aged man but he certainly wasn't at his best when he fought Orochimaru. Yondaime Hokage however is another story altogether since there is still so very little information about him...
And why would that be?
How come no one speaks of the 4th?
Is it because of Naruto? That the 4th chose to let the Kyuubi live inside someone else?

Is that the reason why he isnt really praised unlike the 3rd...
Old 2007-02-08, 08:29   Link #9
amOKchen
duel me

Like in Rocky V, putting 2 champions against eachother from different era's.

WHO WOULD BE THE GREATEST!?

We will never know, but one thing stands they were both outstanding! :P
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 09:26   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
And why would that be?
How come no one speaks of the 4th?
Is it because of Naruto? That the 4th chose to let the Kyuubi live inside someone else?

Is that the reason why he isnt really praised unlike the 3rd...
-You know that might possibly be the case considering not every Konohagakure resident was happy with that little detail. Granted we know that he stopped the Kyuubi during it's rampage but we know next to nothing about what other things Yondaime accomplished during his reign as Hokage. Of course, stopping the Kyuubi is no easy task...
Old 2007-02-08, 11:30   Link #11
I Like Shinny!
Me love you long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickon Manwoody View Post
The greatest is the 13th Hokage.

C'mon, prove me wrong. You can't, can you? All hail Choji Akimichi the VII
Your Roman numerals sucks.

The greatest is the Yondaime. Why? Because he is very over hyped, that's why.
I Like Shinny! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 11:53   Link #12
Sandaime Hokage

It's obvious that these 2 shinobi were the strongest in Konoha's history, and was implied numerous times that the Yondaime was the greatest.

Although the databook states that Sandaime was the strongest in history , that could easily mean raw strength. Yondaime was the greatest, and great comes in all aspects of the character.

It's like Bruce Lee vs Hulk Hogan. Who would win?

Yondaime sealed the strongest being in creation, and that to me outstrips Sarutobi.
Sandaime Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 12:11   Link #13
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaime Hokage View Post

what the hell does that have do with anything?(hulk would win, inly because bruce is dead)
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 16:09   Link #14
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

poor first..he stopped the war between all eras and created the konoha.nobody ever talks about him when they say "strongest"
besides sarutobi should've also seal kyuubi? whats making yondaime strongest just coz he sealed kyuubi? for me what makes him strong is teleportation and speed..but not sealing jutsus.when it comes sealing things no one can beat sarutobi
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 20:38   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaime Hokage View Post
It's obvious that these 2 shinobi were the strongest in Konoha's history, and was implied numerous times that the Yondaime was the greatest.

Although the databook states that Sandaime was the strongest in history , that could easily mean raw strength. Yondaime was the greatest, and great comes in all aspects of the character.

Yondaime sealed the strongest being in creation, and that to me outstrips Sarutobi.
I agree with your posts but...

Well if they are alive....Bruce Lee...anyone would win vs Hulk Hogan (that fake wrestling is mere acting).

But i do think that:

- Orochimaru can take more hits then the 4th.
- Tsunade is has unsurpassed punch/kick strenght.
- Sarutobi had the most techniques (in Konoha) at his disposal.
Old 2007-10-04, 17:53   Link #16
Kiiroi Senko
Banned

Yondaime = greatest and most powerful Hokage.
Kiiroi Senko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:29   Link #17
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
GOD HOKAGE= The best of them all. GOD>4th>3rd
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:31   Link #18
Kiiroi Senko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
GOD HOKAGE= The best of them all. GOD>4th>3rd
Nope. Yondaime surpassed god hokage in the blink of an eye.

Who's that anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amOKchen View Post
No. Sandaime himself confirmed Yondaime is the most powerful Hokage.
Kiiroi Senko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 19:51   Link #19
tkdtiger

From what I gather it seemed to me that it implies that the 3rd was the strongest, but the 4th had the most potential, but he died before his fullest potential could be realized.

I actually don't recall the 3rd calling the 4th the strongest...I thought he said the greatest Shinobi, because of his self-sacrifice. Jiraiya with his talk with Tsunada appears to talk more about the 4'th's potential more than anything else and the Data-book supports the 3rd. Truthfully it seems to be all about interpretation though...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:29   Link #20
tatami
back in black

ok read carefully.

hokage : strongest nin in village. (not the most powerfull or the smartest)
3 rd hokage: professor
4 th hokage: minato

so 4 comes after 3 yes?
3rd was still alive when 4th became hokage yes?

that makes 4th stronger then 3rd.period.

their prime's are out of discussion cuz there is no answer to that.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote