AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 01:08   Link #1
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Huxley

The single MMOFPS that I will ever look forward to. I think this game has been in the works for about 3-4 years, but it looks hands down awesome! its gunna be a PC and Xbox 360 release and its based in a near future world where you blast fools with weapons you buy from shops and upgraded armor and skills ect via an extensive RPG type system. looks smexy! well worth checking out

Spoiler:
lithium9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 01:26   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

I'm in wait and see mode with this. Could be awesome, could be a crap fest. I wasn't a real big fan of Planetside, so I'll see what Huxley brings to the table to establish itself. I'll wait for a long developer video interview, and hopefully, a playable demo.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:45   Link #3
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

I think they might do an open beta before they release it.. at least they should just incase. Hopefully it wont be a neocron clone with better graphics. I think the main draw for me is the art style is really cool.. kinda modern futureistic

me likey
lithium9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 11:15   Link #4
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
technically it still won't be a MMOFPS because everything is instanced.

compare that to planetside where everyone was just there depending on the continent/planet you were on may it be Seaharus or Oshur or the other planets, you were not limited to battling with only 31 other people on your team.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 14:07   Link #5
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL- View Post
technically it still won't be a MMOFPS because everything is instanced.

compare that to planetside where everyone was just there depending on the continent/planet you were on may it be Seaharus or Oshur or the other planets, you were not limited to battling with only 31 other people on your team.
PlanetSide was crap. That was the problem. It was fun there was a huge battlefield with hundreds of people and tons of variety. That was fun...But the actual combat was just dry. It lacked the twitch gameplay that makes shooters...shooters. Like the difference between Halo to Obvilion.

The one I am excited for is this...Ultima Creators are making it^^
Tabula Rasa
It is another non twitch based gameplay...but I really like how it is sounding
Old 2007-04-01, 14:44   Link #6
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
PlanetSide was crap. That was the problem. It was fun there was a huge battlefield with hundreds of people and tons of variety. That was fun...But the actual combat was just dry. It lacked the twitch gameplay that makes shooters...shooters. Like the difference between Halo to Obvilion.

The one I am excited for is this...Ultima Creators are making it^^
Tabula Rasa
It is another non twitch based gameplay...but I really like how it is sounding
Did we play the same game? Planetside was really intense, and really felt like an FPS. The problem was the balance. New players didn't stand a chance because everyone else was powerful.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 20:10   Link #7
fleurone

Agreed, this game looks good
fleurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 04:22   Link #8
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
It lacked it yes, but that's where the outfit/platoons come into play. How long did you play? Did you play through all the nerfs and caves and BFR's?

Granted I didn't stick a constant subscription but I was informed what was going on usually.

If you want to see something funny, get this video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Did we play the same game? Planetside was really intense, and really felt like an FPS. The problem was the balance. New players didn't stand a chance because everyone else was powerful.
Shit always was intense if you were locked down in a Interlink Facility, or rather if you were the ones attacking it. What was always fun for me was driving the vanguard around. It was like a secondary home for me, aside from my AMS.

[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2007-04-02, 15:58   Link #9
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

I played from beta to a few months after(Free^^)(About 6 or 7 months total) It was pretty much one of those games were Quanitity took the place of Quality.

ZERG ZERG ZERG^^

And before you say..."Well The Game has greatly changed since it first came out" I do not care. It is irrelavant to my opinion. So do not even try^^
Old 2007-04-02, 17:14   Link #10
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

The game has degressed since release, nerf after nerf after nerf. The one that hit home the most is the surge nerf.

keep your opinion, I don't care. I'm stating the facts and even if it was zerg zerg zerg, thats where the utility outfits came in like my own Hostile Takeover. If you were on Markov you would have heard of the 666 DevilDogs aka ZERG outfit. People sit in sanc trying to invite everyone that does not have an outfit tag on them. The small knit outfits is where the action was, when you battle back a zerg rush or anything else of the such.

Old 2007-04-02, 22:52   Link #11
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
The game has degressed since release, nerf after nerf after nerf. The one that hit home the most is the surge nerf.

keep your opinion, I don't care. I'm stating the facts and even if it was zerg zerg zerg, thats where the utility outfits came in like my own Hostile Takeover. If you were on Markov you would have heard of the 666 DevilDogs aka ZERG outfit. People sit in sanc trying to invite everyone that does not have an outfit tag on them. The small knit outfits is where the action was, when you battle back a zerg rush or anything else of the such.
I did hear of them...They sucked. I believe they also recuirted me for a day or two. Lets go play Zerg...Not lets sneak around and cap the big one. Lets go cap the small one LOL. So I decided to sneak around alone...Cap the big base. They zerg rush the small one. One lone man caps the big one...That was so much fun LOL. They kicked me the next day...Then another big one invites me lol. Put it this way...Nothing is a better decoy then a bunch of people who think they are elite^^
Old 2007-04-03, 00:48   Link #12
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

and that was half the fun!

Going against the zerg.
Basically you were pitting the anti-zerg versus the anti-zerg and eventually they will meet on the planet sometime but until then it's good times.

Old 2007-04-03, 11:03   Link #13
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
and that was half the fun!

Going against the zerg.
Basically you were pitting the anti-zerg versus the anti-zerg and eventually they will meet on the planet sometime but until then it's good times.
No those were stupid...Zerg Personally I liked a small group holding off the zerg