AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 14:49   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 452 discussion (spoilers)

Hurray, hurray, the chapter came early today! And an action-packed one it is, too! I haven't found a full translation yet, but what basically happens is:

-Luffy, Franky, Robin and Buhichuck are still exploring the mansion. Luffy is wearing some knight's armor (remember when he did that during Jaya?).

-A zombie knight attacks the trio. Franky is the one who proceeds to kick his ass. However, shortly after his beatdown, a whole bunch of other general zombies (Captain John and those other knight zombies from the previous chapters included) appear.

-When the trio starts fighting, a voice shouts out "36 Pound Cannon"! Luffy thinks it's Zoro but it's actually... THE WIND GIGOLO! (Hah, that's even BETTER than being turned into an animal, IMO! XD)

-Franky and Robin manage to escape the GZs, but Luffy is left behind. They call for him, but it seems he was captured and imprisoned in a coffin like Usopp's group was. When they try to rescue him, they run into another surprise... a gigantic spider-monkey type general zombie (I think his name's Talaran or something). It seems that Luffy will be the next to have his shadow taken now....

Man, this is a crazy chapter! I'm still waiting for the full translation, though. But once again, we see more insane character designs! Considering the freaks that Sanji and Zoro's shadows were used for, one can only imagine what will happen to Luffy....
Old 2007-04-11, 15:48   Link #2
NightShadow

Again, Pics:
1. Zoro's New Appearance XD:

5. The Spider General.. woot

Old 2007-04-11, 15:53   Link #3
NightShadow

Just read the chapter, it's quite hilarious. I laughed when Franky tried to use fire to repel the zombies when he found out they had water buckets equipped to dowse the fire XD

The Wind Gigolo guy was a famed pirate killer when he was alive, and he died at 59... he uses 3 swords as well (what a Zoro ripoff!)

Last edited by NightShadow; 2007-04-11 at 17:05.
Old 2007-04-11, 16:59   Link #4
marvelB

Well, it turns out that the name of Zoro's zombie may not be Gigolo after all, but something like "Jigorou/Jigoroh" instead (too bad though, because I think "Wind Gigolo is the most awesome name ever), who was a legendary swordsman that killed 7000 pirates to protect his family (whoa!). I don't think he's as powerful as Ryuuma, but we'll have to wait and see what happens next....

And I like the fact that so far, only the higher-tier Straw-Hats are the ones getting their shadows stolen. It gives the chance for the weaker members to do some awesome stuff in this arc. That is, unless the ENTIRE crew gets zombified....
Old 2007-04-11, 17:07   Link #5
NightShadow

The name actually does translate to Wind Gigolo... or "Gigolo in the Wind" for that matter.
Old 2007-04-12, 04:39   Link #6
Slayerx

Ah these chapters just get more and more interesting... you can just tell Oda is having fun with those designs. Probably one of the few artists in japan that i'd say has an understanding of appealing character design...

I saw the chapter first in raw, and when i saw that old swordsman zombie, the first thing i couldn't help but notice that he's got three swords with him =p

Really, the strawhats are getting themselves in pretty deep here. I mean, even putting aside Moria they got a bunch of skilled fighters that just don't "die" (really the no dying thing is really what's making it tough); not to mention by all attacking together they just swarm and overwhelm our heroes. Not to mention that the strongest of the crew are adding to those forces.

i'm thinking that Moria isn't stealing the shadows directly, as in using devil fruit and what-not, which i think some poeple we're guessing at. I mean, just because they say he stole the shadows doesn't mean he stole them personally, he's just the guy who is running the operation and thus gets the blame for what happens. I'm thinking the Hogback has cooked up something that does the shadow stealing so that he can put the shadows into the bodies of zombies... I mean, hogback did order the samurai to take nami and the others to some place, which is probably where the shadow stealing happens. Not to mention that Moria couldn't be doing the stealing personally since he was sleeping throuhg the last couple of hunts, and if he was sleeping then they would be able to steal shadows if it was his power.
Old 2007-04-12, 13:56   Link #7
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Jigorou is exactly how Japanese would pronounce Gigolo, though. XD And it's spelled in Katakana, which generally means it's supposed to be a non-Japanese word.
I think someone just changed it to not be presumptuous or just because they'd rather not "Gigolo" be in the title.
Old 2007-04-13, 01:45   Link #8
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Jigorou is exactly how Japanese would pronounce Gigolo, though. XD And it's spelled in Katakana, which generally means it's supposed to be a non-Japanese word.
I think someone just changed it to not be presumptuous or just because they'd rather not "Gigolo" be in the title.
Aren't most names spelled out in Katakana in mangas? I'm pretty sure all those Japanese names in Naruto are spelled out in Katakana, including Sakura.
Old 2007-04-13, 03:58   Link #9
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not to mention that Moria couldn't be doing the stealing personally since he was sleeping throuhg the last couple of hunts, and if he was sleeping then they would be able to steal shadows if it was his power.
Well Moria was awake before the SH crew walked into the mansion, and before Sanji went missing. Also the last "night strike" was four days ago.

Hogback told Ryumma to take nami and others somwhere? (don't remember) Then the next chapter Risky was taking Nami and the others to there master which is Moria, and Nami's group is located at the back of the mansion, and the old man told Luffy's group that Moria will be at the main mast and thats behind the mansion.

So I think Moria = Shadow Taker

Last edited by Master Mold; 2007-04-13 at 04:22. Reason: Canon
Old 2007-04-15, 18:28   Link #10
fierysky

All I like to say is...... When is Brook going to come back???!?? I miss him already. T.T

With that aside, wow, this is becoming such a hilarious arc for me. It is wacky and different. I love it. The Sanji penguin? Zoro Gigolo? Awesome! XD

But so many enemies already...I still think this is not going to be a long arc, although I secretly hope it is. We shall see.

Last edited by fierysky; 2007-04-15 at 21:51.
Old 2007-04-15, 22:27   Link #11
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This chapter was kind of weak, not too mention how slow this arc is progressing. Oda goes up and down round and round, when will we stop nobody knows.
Old 2007-04-16, 05:52   Link #12
Vree

What intrigued me was the thought that the strawhat crew could actually be defeated. Given their victories for the past few hundred chapters they've gained an almost invincible status while bounties or no bounties they're still a relatively small crew in the face of a lot of powerful adversaries. Luffy in particular definitely needed some toning down if Oda wants to keep us excited when he fights and not just flip through the pages for the pictures.
Closed Thread