Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-14, 22:48   Link #1
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Who's the Shipwright? [spoilers]

Book 27, Chapter 254.
Usopp suddenly awakes in the middle at the night, and then hears an strange noise. Someone is fixing the Going Merry! But who's that? Well, the page where this happened speak for itself.

The purpose of this thread is, as some people may have already guessed, to discuss who's the one who fixed the Going Merry at the middle of the night, when everyone was sleeping. The only clue we have so far is that this character didn't know the Going Merry had wings by now (since he/she didn't make new wings for the ship), and that apparently he/she is short.

I have a theory of who he/she might be. She is, in fact, Miss Goldenweek. Why do I think that?
- Miss Goldenweek suddenly disappeared after the Little Garden battle against Mr.3. She didn't ever appear again, she just evaporated from the map. Could she have been hiding in the Going Merry for all this time?
- Since this shipwright didn't know the ship had wings, it can't be someone from Skypiea, nor Jaya. So this gives us a hint that it should be someone of the Arabasta arc, or maybe a totally new character.
- The shape of the mysterious character kinda resembles Miss Goldenweek. Look at this closer pic:

Discussing with Zoro-san, he made an interesting point: Miss Goldenweek used an "invisible paint" while in the Going Merry. This is highly possible, since she's a paint artist. Although this is irrelevant, he and I think that if it turned out to be Miss Goldenweek it would be awesome

So, what do you people think? Is she Miss Goldenweek? Is he/she another character, known or unknown? Please post your theories on who this mysterious character might be!
Old 2004-01-14, 23:53   Link #2
Hanfresco
ねえ、聞こえますか。

I think it would be terrific if miss golden week joined them. they would have cookie parties all the time! and i think she'll be the only one who can control Luffy's randomness lol

As Gentle as a Summer Breeze
Old 2004-01-15, 00:16   Link #3
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

of course i agree with vicious-san, we had a discussion on AIM/ICQ (i was using AIM, he was using ICQ) Basically everything he said, i agree with. I only have one doubt, where did she learned to fix ships? Isnt she an artist?
Old 2004-01-15, 00:17   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh hell yeah! I've been wanting to see Ms Golden Week for a LONG TIME!! I loved her in the little garden arc. She was just too cool.

Yes, it would be awesome if it was her. hehe.
Old 2004-01-15, 03:37   Link #5
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
where was mis goldenweek hiding that hammer?!
Old 2004-01-15, 03:58   Link #6
mightyme

I've figured it out.. staring at that screen for hours on end was driving me nuts, so i went to play some super smash bros melee...

and on my gawd...

it came to me like a 40 year old sothern woman to a $100 bill Carying "gentleman"

it's M.r Game and Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dun dun duUuUuUuUuUuuuuuu
Old 2004-01-15, 07:48   Link #7
Kaze23114

Golden Week?

I doubt it.. how would she be strong enough to hold metal when she can barely hold her own picnic basket

also didn't Karoo take care of her in Litte Garden while Luffy was there to watch.. it has to be someone else.. tiny..

and I don't think you really can paint metal even though she is arealist painter
Old 2004-01-15, 07:55   Link #8
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Hmmm That would be very interesting if it was Miss Goldenweek...very interestin character indeed and those tea parties are great
Old 2004-01-15, 10:12   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23114
I doubt it.. how would she be strong enough to hold metal when she can barely hold her own picnic basket

also didn't Karoo take care of her in Litte Garden while Luffy was there to watch.. it has to be someone else.. tiny..

and I don't think you really can paint metal even though she is arealist painter
I wouldn't hold Ms Golden Week short. There's been some other perty surprising charecters in OP, so why not her as well? I mean, seriously, we've had a chick who can adjust her weight, some weird dude with a fully automatic hairpiece, a guy with an identity crissis, a rubber kid, and God knows what other weird stuff, and you're saying that it's impossible for Ms Goldenweek to be able to do a little metal lifting? Hmm.

Well, we'll wait and see.
Old 2004-01-15, 14:54   Link #10
Kaze23114

hmmm

know Miss Golden Week is lazy cause she always wants to sit down and have a nice cup of tea or cookies but all that work on her own? Also she doesn't look like the type that WOULD help out Luffy's crew.. what would her reason be?

I still say it has to be somone else... maybe it just looked like a short person because of the distance.. who would be friendly and helpful to Luffy's crew?
Old 2004-01-15, 15:01   Link #11
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

i know who that is its that girl from that tribe forget the name who is in war with Eneru and Skypie people.That little girl who came back from the God's Island plus i saw Eneru and stopped dude that guy looks a bit weird hmm still have to see his power.
Old 2004-01-15, 15:59   Link #12
Ral
Idea!

I thought of the possibility that its Dragon, the man who helped Luffy escape in Lougetown. He's trying to help carry out the Will of D or something like that.

I would also love to see Ms. Goldenweek again.
Old 2004-01-15, 18:16   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Speaking of the little garden arc and Ms Goldenweek, does anyone remember Sanji in the wax house when the unluckies came in? That was one seriously kick*** pair of badies and sanji just kicked the living **** out of them like it was nothing. Now that was cool.
Old 2004-01-15, 19:58   Link #14
mightyme

http://tysonstuff.4t.com/images/shipwrightmystery.jpg

proof atlast.. it is mr. game and watch
Old 2004-01-15, 20:05   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

that doesnt look like a hammer. Well in that pic at least.
Old 2004-01-15, 20:25   Link #16
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral
I thought of the possibility that its Dragon, the man who helped Luffy escape in Lougetown. He's trying to help carry out the Will of D or something like that.

I would also love to see Ms. Goldenweek again.
I liked your theory. If it managed to be Dragon, it would be cool.
Anyways... it doesn't look like Dragon at all lol. Even if there was that mist, the mysterious character shape didn't look like Dragon. And I don't think Dragon would go to Skypiea just to help Luffy and the others... or maybe he has being following Luffy for a long time. But nah, I don't think so. Dragon's probably waiting for the appropriate time to show up to Luffy.

Remember, he wants to use Luffy and his group to do a revolution. So he's probably standing still by now.
Old 2004-01-15, 20:34   Link #17
Hanfresco
ねえ、聞こえますか。

who is this dragon guy? i don't remember him from manga, care to explain who he is?

As Gentle as a Summer Breeze
Old 2004-01-15, 21:02   Link #18
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanfresco
who is this dragon guy? i don't remember him from manga, care to explain who he is?
He was the one who created the big wind to save Luffy from Smoker at Logue town. Thats if my memory is as good as its supposed to be
Old 2004-01-15, 21:24   Link #19
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
He was the one who created the big wind to save Luffy from Smoker at Logue town. Thats if my memory is as good as its supposed to be
And your memory is wonderufl, Zoro-san

Dragon is a revolutionary feared by the government. He pretends to use Luffy to help him make the revolution. Apparently, he ate a Devil Fruit; and looks like he's an old friend of Smoker too. About 10 years ago, a debate was held by the government and the various kings of the world to discuss what they would do with Dragon, and how dangerous he truly is. Nowadays the government is after Dragon, even so they didn't catch him yet.

He'll play an important role in the future, I'm sure He may be the last villain of the series?...

Back on the "Dragon-is-the-ship-wright" theory of Ral-san. Just wanted to add that I don't think it's Dragon because, principally, he wouldn't be a member of Luffy's crew. He's much more important than that, he wouldn't stick out with any pirate ship unless he's the captain, I think.
We know that the shipwright will be the newest member of Luffy's crew- at least that's what Oda will do, I think.
Old 2004-01-17, 17:29   Link #20
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyme
http://tysonstuff.4t.com/images/shipwrightmystery.jpg
proof atlast.. it is mr. game and watch
Holy toleto batman, your right! lol...Anyhow I dont think its dragon either.
Closed Thread