AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-06-30, 06:48   Link #1
nine_tailed_kyuubi

[Manga] Sasuke's confused way of thinking !

why on earth is Sasuke acting that way ?
It does not make any kind of sense, he left the village had a fight with naruto and didn't kill him because he didn't want to obtain power the same way Itachi did although i don't think he would have been able tol kill him in the first place.
Why when they met Sasuke the second time he attacked Naruto, Sakura, Sai and Yamato ? As we saw in part one Sasuke felt bad after his fight with Naruto and felt sorry for leaving Konoha !! also we all know that naruto actually is his best friend then why ? Sasuke already had his fight with Naruto and is considered the winner !! why on earth are you attacking him again when you didn't want to kill him in the first place and now you are saying i will kill you and attacking with the sword, if i was in Sasuke's place and will do anything to obtain my goal i would just drive them away and i will actually know that Naruto and Sakura are the only 2 people in the world who care about me although we are on different sides now then why is he attacking them ?!! Also i'm okay with Sasuke being able to see Kyuubi inside Naruto but i'm not okay with him being able to supress Kyuubi's chakra, if Naruto goes 3 or 4 tails he will tear Sasuke apart and even Orochimaru is not able to something like that and Orochimaru escaped the fight between him and Naruto because he would have been killed then how come Sasuke being able to supress Kyuubi !! i don't like Kishi's way of making things with no any kind of explanation, in part 1 he used to explain ecery single detail and why each jutsu is used that way so that people can not prove him wrong !!! but what the hell is he doing in part 2 ?!!
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 09:12   Link #2
Rezard

Sasuke still cares about Sakura and Naruto, he attacks them to make them give up on going after him. He doesn't want them involved in his revenge.

He didn't attack then seriously, he was only cold because he doesn't want to see his friends die again, he wants then to be as far as possible from his fight with Itachi. He thinks that acting like a murder is the best way to do that.

About sasuke suppressing Kyuubi´s chakra, I´m with you, I didn't find anyone who liked that, maybe he simply used genjutsu to calm down Naruto, rather them using some psiconic power.

You don't want Naruto to be scientific, not all things need explanations. I kinda like it, but there are people who don't like the way Kishi explain everything.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 10:31   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well he seemed serious about stabbing Yamato.
Yamato got the worst injuries next to all the other Sasuke victims yet....
Old 2007-06-30, 18:33   Link #4
Siege

Yes But Sasuke has yet to become a traitor to Konoha (No I'm Not Insane, Nor am I someone ignoring the facts) theres one simple thing a traitor must do to be considered as such (Theres probably more than one but i'm far to sleepy)

1.Reveal/ or Pass secrets/Information which may undermine Konohas Security to a third party leading to Hostilities toward Konoha

He merely left the village to deal with his revenge and seek enough power in order to fulfil and pursue this act. He Hasn't actually attacked or helped in an attack against Konoha and it's Allies he's merely defended himself from attacks against him, and the person he sought power from
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 18:42   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I think the fact that he served under Orochimaru for the last 3 years makes him a traitor. He attacked others...and konoha shinobi with intentions to kill.

Isnt it traitory if a Agent starts working under let's say the Maffia...or the other way around...and leaving their company or organization without approval..
Old 2007-06-30, 19:03   Link #6
Siege

the Fact the sasuke went after oro for power, in no way states or insinuates that sasuke helped oro in any way he merely watched as is my understanding and and would only attack in self defence because acording to the manga and the anime to this point (unless in Shippuuden ep19 and manga 360 he's seen to be ruthlessly pulling diedara's head off with his curse seal wings and using TOBI as a Chidori Blade pin cusion) has never technically killed anyone other than Replications and fish
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 20:39   Link #7
Ryuujin

relevant quote is relevant:
Quote:
I love Sasuke's thought processes. "Hmm, I want to kill my brother, a ninja born and raised in Konoha, so I'm going to Orochimaru, who was also born and raised in Konoha, to get stronger. Why? Because it's obvious Konoha is holding me back."

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 22:58   Link #8
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Yamato himself said it " This guy is seriuos " he was not playing around he actually wanted to hurt him and nobody mentioned anything about Kyuubi yet ! what do you think ? I really don't know !
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 23:56   Link #9
kheldorin

Sasuke didn't even want to kill the no-name ninjas. Why would he want to kill his former friends? That was all purely for show. The more confusing thing is WHY after all Sasuke done to signal that he does not want their help do they insist on "saving" him? He tried talking. Didn't work. He went for violence. Didn't work either. WTH? What does Sasuke need to do to tell them that they just got dumped. The relationship is over. Finito. Move on with their lives. Start worrying about Akatsuki instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
I love Sasuke's thought processes. "Hmm, I want to kill my brother, a ninja born and raised in Konoha, so I'm going to Orochimaru, who was also born and raised in Konoha, to get stronger. Why? Because it's obvious Konoha is holding me back."
LOL. Do you realize that both Itachi and Oro have LEFT Konoha? They didn't stay either.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-02 at 04:28. Reason: do not double post
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 01:40   Link #10
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Sasuke became a traitor the second he took hostile action against Naruto. He tried to kill him, there is absolutely no ifs, ands or buts about his intention to do so. He even "succeeded" in killing Naruto, only to discover Kyuubi's power regenerating him. Associating himself with Oro was just icing on the cake. He attacked Yamato, Sai and Naruto again at Oro's hideout. While he may not have traitorous intentions towards Konoha, his actions clearly place him across the line.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 05:16   Link #11
hrist

Dont you all see, he is going to be oro's best friend and then kill him afterwards to obtain the eye.
hrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 06:07   Link #12
tatami
back in black

its too late now
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 06:15   Link #13
kheldorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
Sasuke became a traitor the second he took hostile action against Naruto. He tried to kill him, there is absolutely no ifs, ands or buts about his intention to do so. He even "succeeded" in killing Naruto, only to discover Kyuubi's power regenerating him. Associating himself with Oro was just icing on the cake. He attacked Yamato, Sai and Naruto again at Oro's hideout. While he may not have traitorous intentions towards Konoha, his actions clearly place him across the line.
Why did Naruto track him down in the first place? Sasuke wasn't the one who wanted the fight. He's not the hunter. He was running away. Naruto couldn't stop meddling in his affairs. The fight was inevitable.

In the end, there's no such thing "succeeded". Either he did or he didn't. And he didn't. He walked away telling himself that he would gain power his own way. He could have easily killed Naruto and gain the MS..the MS!! - THE most powerful ability we have seen in the Narutoverse. It would have been soooo easy to finish the job. If he had really been truly focused on Itachi then it shouldn't matter how he got his power. I think Naruto's speech got to him again and he just couldn't do it.

As far as being a traitor, does it really matter? You don't have to be a Konoha shinobi to do good things. He rid the world of Oro and rescued the prisoners from the horrible experimentation and torture. His aim is to get rid of a member of the Akatsuki - on organization that is really evil. And he's now fighting not one but 2 Akatsuki members. There's no Konoha vs Sasuke here. Sasuke doesn't even care about Konoha. It's Sasuke vs Akatsuki. The problem is Konoha keeps freaking interrupting. If Konoha really wants to do good in the Narutoverse, please stop interfering with Sasuke.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 09:01   Link #14
razor886
Blood Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrist View Post
Dont you all see, he is going to be oro's best friend and then kill him afterwards to obtain the eye.
Wat r u talking about This already happened n he didn't obtain MS... Oro aint his best fren
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 11:25   Link #15
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Sasuke could of obtained MS. Kakashi has and he hasn't killed a best friend. Obito is already dead!

There must be other ways to obtain it..
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 12:27   Link #16
tatami
back in black

thaT makes sakura hero of the village aint it
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 12:32   Link #17
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Sasuke has only one clear goal that sets his character. He is an avenger. We know that because he's repeated it many times already.

Now clearly, Sasuke didn't like Oro's ways. Oro became a dead man when he was not only someone Sasuke hated, but also an obstacle as he wished the Sharingan for his own.

Sasuke hates Oro/Itachi. That much is clear.

He seems to have no intentions towards Konoha whatsoever. Then why try to end Naruto/Sakura/Sai/Yamato?

Well, I suppose there aren't many reasons:

1) He was either putting on an act. (But then, I highly doubt he thought that would fool Oro, as our beloved snake lover stated later: He knew it'd come to this.)

2) He was trying to kill them for no reason.

3) He was trying to kill them to test his abilities. (Clearly something he wouldn't do, since that would make him another Itachi in the making.)

4) He was trying to make them stop looking for him.

5) Show off his progression.

To me, it would be a mix of 1) and 4), and maybe a bit of 5) in order to stimulate Naruto.

Can't think of any other reason why'd he acted the way he did.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-02 at 04:29.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 13:26   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldorin View Post
Why did Naruto track him down in the first place? Sasuke wasn't the one who wanted the fight. He's not the hunter. He was running away. Naruto couldn't stop meddling in his affairs. The fight was inevitable.
It wasn't just Naruto meddling. Naruto hunted down Sasuke because he was on an assigned mission to return Sasuke back to Konoha. And though he also had his own personal reasons for doing so, the mission also involved stopping Konoha's worst enemy from getting his hands on a very powerful bloodline.

Quote:
In the end, there's no such thing "succeeded". Either he did or he didn't. And he didn't. He walked away telling himself that he would gain power his own way. He could have easily killed Naruto and gain the MS..the MS!! - THE most powerful ability we have seen in the Narutoverse. It would have been soooo easy to finish the job. If he had really been truly focused on Itachi then it shouldn't matter how he got his power. I think Naruto's speech got to him again and he just couldn't do it.
That still doesn't change the fact that he was going to kill Naruto and attempted to do it, He crossed a moral boundary that can't be taken back. To be fair, he was under the affect of the cursed seal at the time, but the cursed seal doesn't make someone evil, but brings out their inner evil. So far, Sasuke has had 3 times where he's been faced with the choice of whether or not to kill Naruto. One time he took it, the second time he refused it and the third time was ambiguous, but it looked like he was about to take it. Basically, Sasuke's feelings towards his former friends are still in question.

Quote:
As far as being a traitor, does it really matter? You don't have to be a Konoha shinobi to do good things. He rid the world of Oro and rescued the prisoners from the horrible experimentation and torture. His aim is to get rid of a member of the Akatsuki - on organization that is really evil. And he's now fighting not one but 2 Akatsuki members. There's no Konoha vs Sasuke here. Sasuke doesn't even care about Konoha. It's Sasuke vs Akatsuki. The problem is Konoha keeps freaking interrupting. If Konoha really wants to do good in the Narutoverse, please stop interfering with Sasuke.
It's not always as simple as the ends justifies the means. Consider what would've happened if Sasuke had not grown strong enough to resist's Oro's ritual? Oro would've gained Sharingan and possibly grown strong enough the crush Konoha. And Sasuke would've been directly responsible because he walked directly in Oro's hands, fully aware of what Oro intended but was willing to risk it to satisfy his own needs. Sasuke is not evil and not traitorous. And he has accomplished some good in getting rid of Oro, but he is not a saint and he only fights for his own interests.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 18:33   Link #19
razor886
Blood Angel

He never tried 2 kill any1. He would just leave them (Naruto n others) unable 2 move so they wouldnt chase him. He didnt even kill a single Oro minion.
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 21:29   Link #20
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That still doesn't change the fact that he was going to kill Naruto and attempted to do it, He crossed a moral boundary that can't be taken back. To be fair, he was under the affect of the cursed seal at the time, but the cursed seal doesn't make someone evil, but brings out their inner evil. So far, Sasuke has had 3 times where he's been faced with the choice of whether or not to kill Naruto. One time he took it, the second time he refused it and the third time was ambiguous, but it looked like he was about to take it. Basically, Sasuke's feelings towards his former friends are still in question.
The moral boundary can be taken back, he tried to kill him, but choose out of his free will not to do so, he gave up on murder. He crossed back. It´s like shooting someone and them bring this person to the hospital, saving his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's not always as simple as the ends justifies the means. Consider what would've happened if Sasuke had not grown strong enough to resist's Oro's ritual? Oro would've gained Sharingan and possibly grown strong enough the crush Konoha. And Sasuke would've been directly responsible because he walked directly in Oro's hands, fully aware of what Oro intended but was willing to risk it to satisfy his own needs. Sasuke is not evil and not traitorous. And he has accomplished some good in getting rid of Oro, but he is not a saint and he only fights for his own interests.
True, he never intended to give Oro the Sharingam, he is also arrogant, he probably believed he would not be defeated by Oro.

Then it comes to a personal opinion, I can't blame him for that. He lives for his revenge and not to get girl, get marry and have kids. Must someone live only for society? Aren't we free to choose what we want for our lives? Sure, he risk the happiness of others, but the others also risk his goal (that isn't, like others, happiness).

I can't deny it is selfish, but I can't blame him, after all he has suffered maybe anyone would do the same.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote