AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-24, 20:18   Link #1
marvelB

Favorite crew/organization in OP? (manga spoilers)

It's been a while since I've made a non-manga chapter thread, and I haven't seen any other thread of this subject, so I thought, what the hey. Anyways, my fave crew/organizations are:

Straw-Hats: Naturally, I'd have to pick the "main" crew of the series! I don't really think I need to explain why I like them so much, but I will anyway: Each crewmember has diverse personalities, abilities, and ambitions. They all have the determination to get through seemingly impossible situations. And best of all, they have a transforming reindeer and speedo-wearing cyborg in the crew! How is that not awesome?

Buggy Pirates: I just like how goofy they are.

Foxy Pirates: Same deal as with Buggy's crew. Plus, I also like how they constantly use dirty tricks to win the Davy Back fights. Plus, Foxy himself is just plain awesome, period.

Baroque Works: Nice variety of villains here. The leader is a cold, calculating former pirate with a powerful DF ability, and yet he has crazy underlings like a transexual, a big man who talks slow and has a gun that transforms into a dog, and a guy whose hair is in the shape of the number 3 and controls wax. These guys are my favorite non-pirate organization, followed by....

Thriller Bark: Another nice variety of villains, and these guys are horror-themed, which is a plus for me. I find Gecko Moria to be the most unique of the Shichibukai so far, and it's fitting that such a lazy person like him would have a DF power that creates loyal, powerful subordinates for him. And I just love those random zombies who argue and bicker amongst each other and dance to disco music. Plus, throw in the awesome sub-leaders (Hogback, Perona, Absalom) and we've got one kickass group of villains. The only reason they don't beat Baroque Works is because they don't have Mr.2. He would have been about 10 times more awesome as a zombie...

CP9: These guys would have beaten Thriller Bark if they didn't all have the same martial arts style (I know they mix up things a bit with their own abilities and such, but it doesn't change the fact that they STILL use Rokushiki as their base). Also, I find W7 CP9 to have some pretty bland personalities (though I like how goofy Kaku became after his DF power was revealed). I prefer EL CP9 more, since it has a fat guy with a zipper in his mouth, and a kabuki guy that attempts to commit suicide. Plus, I felt that CP9's chief, Spandam, was a very well-developed villain. He's a weak, goofy, cowardly bastard, but yet he can still be somewhat threatening due to his status as the leader of a top-secret government organization (and I like his outfit, too). I'm quite curious to see what will become of these guys when the manga ministory comes around....

Blackbeard Pirates: I consider these guys the anti-Straw-Hats. Blackbeard himself is like Luffy, since he also follows his dreams and wants to become Pirate King. However, he also wants to dominate the world. Van Auger has superhuman sniping abilities that, at this point, far surpass Usopp's. Doc Q is a doctor who hands out exploding apples, and we've got Jesus Burgess, a powerful wrestling champion. It may be possible that these guys may be the final villains of the series (and if that's the case, Teach is gonna need some more crewmembers...). I'm definitely quite interested in what Blackbeard's doing after his scuffle with Ace...

So... yeah, post your favorite crews/groups here!
Old 2007-07-25, 18:31   Link #2
DLuffy452

Well you see out of the coolest crews, you forgot to post Shank's crew. But anyhow, shank's crew is the best. Consisting of one of the 4 greatest pirates, an amazing sniper, a great fighter, and a shooter. Althought blackbeard and all is cool, i'll have to side with Shank's crew.
Old 2007-07-26, 15:40   Link #3
marvelB

I didn't forget Shanks' crew.... it's just that they're not my favorite at this point. I'd have to see more interaction between the crewmembers before I can really judge them (and I'm really not a fan of Shanks himself). It's a similar deal with Whitebeard's crew (though I actually DO like Whitebeard a lot).

And speaking of those guys, I hope we see the crews of the other two Yonkou soon enough... they might turn out to be some awesome groups of characters.
Old 2007-07-26, 21:12   Link #4
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Baroque Works: THis organization seemed like the first real deal in terms of evil organizations. THey have a nice cast of villians too. I actually like all of the members of this group, which is strange for me.

Straw-Hats: They get the most attnetion Obviously, but they are an entertaining bunch of people. Not to mention the various perosnalities in this gang. They make the impossible seem possible.
Old 2007-12-07, 01:38   Link #5
tomandjerry

first: strawhat of course
second: whitebeard and shanks
3rd: cp9
Old 2007-12-07, 09:50   Link #6
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Mugiwara Pirates, Baroque, CP9 and Buggy crew.
Old 2007-12-15, 23:27   Link #7
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Baroque works and CP9
Old 2007-12-19, 08:02   Link #8
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLuffy452 View Post
Well you see out of the coolest crews, you forgot to post Shank's crew. But anyhow, shank's crew is the best. Consisting of one of the 4 greatest pirates, an amazing sniper, a great fighter, and a shooter. Althought blackbeard and all is cool, i'll have to side with Shank's crew.
Yes shanks crew is one of the coolest crew and i'm confident enough to say that its outclasses blackbeards crew in every way, and its closer in comparison with the straw-hat crew than the blackbeard crew. tyvm
Old 2007-12-26, 13:19   Link #9
Destinypoint
U.R.

Cp9 and Shichibukai of course xD
Old 2008-10-02, 19:56   Link #10
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
"The Will of D"

Between Luffy, Ace, Gap, Blackbeard, and even Gol D. Roger; we've got one of the most badass line-up ever.

The Eleven Supernova would have to be a close second...
Old 2008-10-02, 23:03   Link #11
Earthling77

My fave are:
1. Strawhat crew, I love all the crews, esp. Chopper, he is terribly cute.
2. CP9, esp. Califa & Kaku.
3. The Thriller Barks, those zombies are cool, also Perona is cute.
Old 2008-10-03, 23:53   Link #12
[MrSonic]

Send a message via ICQ to [MrSonic]
1. Marines by far.
2. Gorosei.
3. Supernova.
Old 2008-10-04, 00:00   Link #13
james0246

1. Strawhat crew...pretty obvious really.

2. Whatever crew Donquixote Doflamingo has . For some reason I love his crazed near Joker-esque character and can't wait to see what his actual crew (sans the crappy Bellamy) are like.

3. Blackbeard's crew...again for obvious reasons.
Old 2008-10-04, 19:25   Link #14
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

CP9!!! LUCCI!!!!!

Lucci was probably one of the bests antagonists in OP. SUPER strong. SUPER evil. And composed, and regal at all times. Cool...

I really appreciated him.

Then, I liked the Heart Pirates a lot!! Trafalgar Law was awesome!! Like: "Look, I don't freaking care." He's probably gonna own like hell in future!!

Oh and Crocodile was cool, too. I didn't like Baroque works per se, but I liked Crocodile, Robin (back then mode, I mean), and Das Bones...or is it Das Blades? He should get another debut...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-04, 21:01   Link #15
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

hawk eyes mihawk 1 man crew

CP9

straw hats

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-10-05, 11:01   Link #16
marvelB

Heh, nearly forgot about this thread....

Anyway, I'm going to second the 11 Supernovas. It's definitely welcome to see a group of powerful rookie pirates (even if two of them are characters we're familiar with ). It's hard for me to decide who's my top favorite amongst the other nine, because they're all so unique. Well.... as far as character design goes, Apoo's my favorite, with Capone being second. As far as abilities go, I'd say Law's "Room" power is my favorite because it's so crazy, followed by Drake's badass DINO FRUIT powers. And as far as their crews go... well, both Law and Kidd's crews were pretty much the only ones whose members weren't simply background characters, so I'd go with them. And besides, how can a talking, asskicking bear or fire-breathing zombie guy not be awesome?
Old 2008-10-05, 12:53   Link #17
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Oh yes, the Supernovas!
Definitely a fav group of mine.
Old 2008-10-05, 14:52   Link #18
Rainbowman

Well, MY favorite is the all colorful Strawhat crew. And I hope that the crew will be completed whenever there are 10 or 12 members in that crew.
Closed Thread