Notices

Old 2007-11-20, 00:08   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Lightbulb Post THAT Mysterious Animegirl Artwork [Non-Mainstream ONLY]

Reminder: Post Only What YOU Really Like, Not EVERYTHING Out There

Guidelines:
  1. Only post pictures which have at least one animegirl in them.
  2. The material must not be a direct reference to any mainstream anime. ( past, present or future ) It's acceptable for there to be a resemblance or the character there in to be a veritable clone of some character, as long as besides looks everything else is differs.
    • isMainstream Test: Look at the picture, look around the forum, do you think there are 5 people who could identify and talk about it?.. then it's mainstream. Otherwise, it's not mainstream.
  3. Minimum Quality Requirement:
    • The proportions of the face have to be either good or acceptable, everything else is irrelevant.
    • Excepting icons, sprites or any form of animation, all formats, sizes, quality levels etc are acceptable.
  4. Please avoid posting bulk when possible. The purpose of this thread is not as some sort of online gallery, but as a reference.

The intended purpose...

Lately I've been searching far and wide for a specific type of picture, can't tell what exactly but I know I'll know when I find it. Anyway, I personally don't like the anime-screenshot type, I like things with a little more uniqueness in them. (I'm sure there must be a few people around here who think the same) So, what to do? search of course.. well here's were it gets complicated, or at least in my case it's complicated. I'm not searching for something specific, but it has to be of a specific something-type.

To put it simply it's very hard to find anything on the big ol' mess we call the net. (as far as pictures go) At most you'll search for anime, and even then art from a specific artist may be mixed and spread thin and wide over long link chains. (usually mixed in with more awkward-to-browse stuff) And of course then there's the language bariers. (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc etc) God knows what some sites are writen in...

So this thread solves the problem? Hell no! xD It's not even close to solving anything.. The thing is I'm always searching for animegirl artwork for something or other, so this thread is a good idea as far I'm concern. (yeah the idea is to post pics) Simply explaining and asking is pointless, I can barely explain what I want to myself let alone other people... might as well just create a more general thread, dakara. ~
Old 2007-11-20, 00:09   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well, if anyone's curios, currently I was actually searching for artworks who have "bad", "kick ass" or "ownz n00b ass" written all over them.

Here some of the ones that seem to fit...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Since I've started posting some images...

Some time ago I was searching for some weird character design combination. No I don't mean the character looked weird, well not weird... eto eto... never mind....

Here's another sample pick.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't remember when -some time last week I think- I wanted to write a complex blog post analyzing anime artwork composition and the relationship it is and has playing/ed on the plot of series.

Like other such dont-have anything better to do activities I soon realised there were several flaws in the idea, even ignoring the basic lack of common sense I must of had for even considering it in the first place... but anyway.

Here's a sample pick based on context..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 2007-11-20, 01:52   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Holy shit, this has to be the biggest amount of images in clickable thumbnails I have ever seen in a single post.

But anyways, do you check the boyis wallpaper site? if not, their Wallpaper and Cool CG sections have a lot of images that may be useful to you.

For once they have the full sets of some of the images you posted above.
Old 2007-11-20, 02:16   Link #4
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

That IS one whole load of images

Well, more sig materials I guess, thanks Cats
Old 2007-11-20, 02:17   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think ill follow suit and say "holy shit!"

its like playing "how many you can recognise" game

nice one cats

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 02:32   Link #6
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
HOLY CRAP! Ok i gotta go to my photobucket now. I got so many. This is such a nice place to start collecting and diversifying ^_^

ps: I keep the original names if possible. So some of the images have names like artists and stuff. I'll try to sorta them so ya can look the artist up if you like the works.

My favorites first (etc)

Miki Miyashita

Mitsumi Misato

Hiro Suzuhira

nagomiko

Eiji Komatsu

Mikeou

Random

Well.. That's all for now. Also Cats, you have some very nice one collected there ^_^ (YOU STOLE MY FAVORITE!!, >.< i'll stick it anyway) *I'll add my other folders tomorrow, it's 2:37am now, i need to sleep for work tomorrow, then i'll be posting wallpapers mostly along with others stuff ^^*

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-11-20 at 02:47.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 02:37   Link #7
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think my internet connection sparked a bit and I'm smelling smoke....wait wait, no. It's just my brain melting from the overload of thumbnailed image goodness.
Old 2007-11-20, 02:43   Link #8
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
wow... image battle... i'm going to die...
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 07:38   Link #9
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Sharing some of my stash.

Not sure if they are mainstream or not for most people, but to me they are not. I don't know 95% of who they are on the pic. Nor do i know who created them or if they are fanart or official art. And perhaps some are double posted. But i tried to sort it out...

Since some of the are ecchi, if not most of them are i put them in a spoiler tag since sorting them out is quite a lot of work. So just to be save, all images are in spoiler tag to save space and to make sure you won't blame me for viewing content you shouldn't be seeing at work
Spoiler for images! MANY IMAGES!!!:

I predict... browsers crashing!

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 08:29   Link #10
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Red face

*die*

I only have 2 pictures, maybe is the same girl.

Spoiler for Ecchi:
Old 2007-11-21, 02:08   Link #11
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Time for some more, still have loads to come but this is it since it's almost 2am now and I wanna go sleep. Again i'll organize it into group/company/artist so ya can search for it if ya like the work, again ^^

My Personal Favorite in this batch - Some character from the ero game company - Yuzusoft, ahhh so cute ^_^

Mitha

Mitsumi Misato

Miki Miyashita

nagomiko

Naru Nanao

Etc - The chobits can be an exception, the image there is really I think, really beautiful.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 02:15   Link #12
Tran225

wow these are really really nice scans about probably 1/4 of my picture from my picture folder atm is probably from this thread
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 03:02   Link #13
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I feel tempted to download them all ;_; Need a firefox plugin to perform such task, lol...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 10:37   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

A few more from the War Batch. (the one I'm currently searching for)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Category: Uniform

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 2007-11-21, 11:20   Link #15
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Godly thread.
(though I can identify quite a few of these)
-
Anyway.//
Adding.. (will keep adding to this post in the future)

Last edited by solwyvern; 2007-11-22 at 07:50.
solwyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 13:14   Link #16
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Can you re-upload the image at (2,2), it doesn't seem to load for me.
Old 2007-11-21, 15:04   Link #17
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Please avoid posting bulk when possible.
Funny how you would mention that.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 15:22   Link #18
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
Godly thread.
(though I can identify quite a few of these)
-
Anyway.//
Adding.. (will keep adding to this post in the future)

Soly>> yeah I recognize a decent amount of them too. Of course My comp could never hold that much memory so I never collectd images =/

Cats>> HOLY S*** O_______________O

XD

Wow u have a plethora of pics in the collection huh ^_^;;
actually if u look at ur recent pics post u will see the pic from which i got my sig.

now I want MOAR Naru Nanao and Carnelian and and........ there is too much info x_x

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 22:18   Link #19
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi

A little one piece contribute~~~ MIGHT edit for more later. ~~~If any care to make the background better *I got a new Wall*

Dial up user= Dead flesh

Ah ha... 2 more

Last edited by Izayoi; 2007-11-22 at 00:05.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 08:06   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Dava & Soly: Yeah I know, it's hard for 1 or 2 not to slip through. I'm also not the most complete anime fan.

BTW, I'm not posting in bulk, these are just batches, there are others for every batch. (excepting the War ones)

e.g.
Here's another on Context ^^

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh and out of every batch I'm filtering out the 10mb+ ones as well as a few others which Is has problems with. ^^

Last edited by felix; 2007-11-24 at 08:16.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote