AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-27, 14:18   Link #1
Lucifer
King of Hell

I''s manga discussion

does anybody know wher i get vol 15 thx
Old 2004-01-27, 14:27   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
does anybody know wher i get vol 15 thx
http://manganews.net/ look in titles, titles are alphabetically grouped. Eventually you will get a link to the website of the group(s) who are fanscanning the title if any.
Old 2004-01-27, 15:29   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

http://mangaproject.cjb.net/

They are subbing it but don't have all of volume 15 on their site. I'm really frustrated right now. I've been reading that manga all weekend and I am missing 4 or 5 chapters. I can't get into their IRC channel because they banned my IP block or something.

Must...finish...this story.
Old 2004-01-27, 16:00   Link #4
TronDD
Team the box!

YES!! I found it. Bwaaaaaaah!

Found it in another IRC manga channel.

Lucifer, let me know if you are still looking, I can tell you where I got it or send it to you somehow.
Old 2004-01-28, 22:39   Link #5
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

I think it's only available through irc right now, but if you can wait, MP will have torrents up for it eventually. There are websites you can visit that have smaller scans, I think Anime Source has em.

As for the story, anyone else disappointed w/ the last ch? I thought there were some conceptual problems that kept it from being a great ending.
Old 2004-01-28, 23:37   Link #6
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::faze
I think it's only available through irc right now, but if you can wait, MP will have torrents up for it eventually. There are websites you can visit that have smaller scans, I think Anime Source has em.

As for the story, anyone else disappointed w/ the last ch? I thought there were some conceptual problems that kept it from being a great ending.
I think MP had the whole thing up at one time. The MP site like most other manga sites relies on donated server space, so older stuff comes up and goes down.

As far as I's I had major problems with the length of the whole thing. I don't remember being any too impressed by the ending after plowing through what seemed like years of reading.

I wouldn't say it's a bad title though. Lots of popular titles run too long, even if the mangaka wants to call it quits; they get hung out to dry by their publishers.
Old 2004-01-28, 23:51   Link #7
TronDD
Team the box!

The story went back and forth so many times. I love her, I don't love her; she loves me, she hates me; I love that girl, I love this girl, over and over. The ending wasn't very powerful. The original ending was worse.

Still a great read, I think but because the story yo-yoed so much it never felt like it built up.

It should have ended earlier when:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-15, 17:47   Link #8
studiocode

I"s manga was confusing

It seemed like from the Christmas Eve confession the next 8 volumes were them taking 10 steps backwards and only finally reaching that same exact point in the end. Did anybody think it was weird they never had sex? Not that it's important to me but it was such a point of emphasis that it turned out to be a glaring omission.

What really bothered me about the last volume was Iori never found out her production company was hiding her letters. They should have had Iori find out, quit her company, and go back with her boyfriend but instead she never finds out but still goes back to her boyfriend and they get like 2 lines. What a weak ending. The last 8 volumes you can count Iori and Seto's conversations on one hand.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:17   Link #9
Asuka Shinn
Leng Jai

yeah the ending part sorta fell apart for me.......there's was that "alternative" ending......but that one sucked also, imo.
Old 2006-03-15, 20:02   Link #10
lemondude
"super lemon"

well, I only read one volume and I quit. Why because it was confusing in a lot of ways.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:18   Link #11
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
It seemed like from the Christmas Eve confession the next 8 volumes were them taking 10 steps backwards and only finally reaching that same exact point in the end. Did anybody think it was weird they never had sex? Not that it's important to me but it was such a point of emphasis that it turned out to be a glaring omission.

What really bothered me about the last volume was Iori never found out her production company was hiding her letters. They should have had Iori find out, quit her company, and go back with her boyfriend but instead she never finds out but still goes back to her boyfriend and they get like 2 lines. What a weak ending. The last 8 volumes you can count Iori and Seto's conversations on one hand.
Its been awhile since i read I's so i might not be accurate with what im gonna type. Well you see, has their relatioship develops like you said "goes backwards". There are 2 climaxs in I's the first where Seto gets Iori. The 2nd is when they realize the mistakes they made in their first relationship and gets back together. Like you posted, they go back to point A at the end, i think thats pretty significant because they are starting over and knowing what mistakes they made with their past relationship they are able built on it with their new stronger relationship.

Well i dunno about the sex part but there are probably implicit meanings to it. As for the ending you want i think that will be too "good" of a ending, i think Iori not finding out is more realistic. The ending was weak and way too sudden, as for the alternative ending i dunno remember since its been a long time and i don't remember the dialogs.
Old 2006-07-07, 03:52   Link #12
Fai

Can someone please try to speculate or give me a direct answer on something? IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

WHAT DOES THIS SCENE MEAN?

The dude comes back later in the series and we find out that he's not a bad guy, but they don't explain the scene in chapter 126.
Old 2006-07-07, 09:07   Link #13
nite0

When the manga was released on a weekly basis, I think this was done to make it look like Iori was getting involved with someone else. We find out that's not the case shortly after.
Old 2006-07-07, 09:30   Link #14
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
He's her acting senpai, I think.
Old 2006-07-07, 14:18   Link #15
Fai

Oh i see, thanks for clearing it up. ^_^
Old 2006-07-08, 05:37   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

Just finished I"s two days ago. What a terrible relationship those two had. Both Iori and Seto wanted to have their cake and eat it too, I see. They agreed to keep their relationship secret (idiots) and yet they wouldn't stop whining and bitching and moaning about things even while Seto wavered back and forth between Iori, Izumi and Asou and Iori wavered between her love and her career. Meanwhile Seto first goes "Oh, I mustn't give up on our love" next he goes "Okay, I give up" then he goes "No, I mustn't give up on our love" then he goes...

It's a shame, I almost liked Seto until he turned out to be as much of a loser as all the other shounen romance protagonists out there.
Old 2006-07-08, 06:09   Link #17
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Which showed the importance of his best friend (I forgot his name). Seriously, without him, Seto will be your another Harem male protagonist. But at least this manga showed that love could prevail, and if you're in his position I'm sure you'd be confused as well.
Old 2006-07-08, 11:08   Link #18
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fai
WHAT DOES THIS SCENE MEAN?

The dude comes back later in the series and we find out that he's not a bad guy, but they don't explain the scene in chapter 126.
As someone else said, this scene was put in by the mangaka to mislead us into thinking that Iori is getting involved/slept with her acting colleague. Of course, later on it is revealed that this doesn't happen at all.

It is also VERY important to note that Volume 15 TANKUBON is -significantly- different from the weekly releases. Not only is there the commonly known "bonus ending" (or actually, extended ending), there are significant additions throughout the tankubon including redrawn panels etc. I own the whole tankubon series in Taiwanese version, and my friend had a bootleg version that was stitched together using weekly releases and I compared them..

SPOILER FOR V15 ADDITION:[

Included in Vol. 15, is the discovery by Iori that her acting colleague is merely getting close to her (deliberately getting seen with her in public, etc) to rub off some of Iori's fame. She becomes terribly disappointed and this further demonstrates why the acting business is only hardship and pain for her.
Old 2006-07-15, 21:17   Link #19
jzmagic
flargansbog

I recently finished this series, and it was awesome! im glad I picked it up.

Anyway, anyone think the ending could have been better? I agree with one of .the posters above that it wasn't as emotionally moving as the train scene way back. The normal ending was pretty abrupt and the extended one was cute but kind of bland. I wish the ending could have been slightly better to finish this great manga
Old 2006-07-15, 21:49   Link #20
hoon
7ON

Ending was indeed mediocre but it wasn't horrible, either. It was much better than Ichigo 100% imo.
Closed Thread