AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-22, 18:53   Link #1
iceblu3710

Sundome

Hey, I just bought this manga a few days ago and just finished reading it.

Seems like people either hate or love this and personally I thought it was great! anybody else read it yet?

I was looking on ANN and they apparently made a live action in 2007-11-20 and the dvd was released 2008-01-20 but I cant even find a raw anywhere -_- anybody know were I could find it?
Old 2008-02-22, 19:31   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I was lucky to get a copy of this before it was released, and yeah it's got the potential to be a fun manga. The art gets a bit weird a time. but over all it's fun.

/me loves being on the publishers review list

As for the live action, you wont find it anywhere. No raw has been released for it. A mate of mine had the DVD and said it was crap because they tamed down all most all of the innuendo and stuff, so it lost a lot of the feel of the manga.

Edit: Here's what i thought of it in full: http://www.tiamatsreviews.com/?p=413
Old 2008-02-22, 23:08   Link #3
iceblu3710

Pfft lucky you getting early releases... Ill prolly not be able to buy volume 2 untill june ...

I agree with your review of the binding, my god I almost needed to crease it on the desk on like 80% of the pages just to get the text in the spine in the funky 4:1 tall font.

I wish their was more adult orientated manga out there, Sundome im a great balance that does not show enough nudity to outright offend but enough that you don't need much imagination either :P

I figured the live action would be quite tame as you cant really portray everything that happened in even late night satellite in some countries. But this begs the question why even both make a live action when you need to remove the entire point of the story to begin with?? Is it more is does it seem ever sence like last year they have made everything thats popular for longer than a month into a live action regardless if its anything like the original?
Old 2008-02-23, 09:18   Link #4
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

can any one psot just one page so imight get interested anought o wish and buy one
Old 2009-02-03, 01:17   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
For people curious, since its not in the 1st post:

Spoiler for Sundome cover img ~ NSFW:

Author/Artist: OKADA Kazuto
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Mature, Psychological, School life, Seinen

Synopsis:
The “Roman Club,” a school group interested in the occult, to which he’s practically enslaved, has become boring for one Hideo Aiba. Until a girl named Kurumi Sahana shows up and wants to join up. But Sahana is no ordinary girl… When the two are left alone in the club classroom, Kurumi makes a special “request” of Hideo… From that moment on, Hideo’s dull life gets far more…frustrating.

Sundome literally means "stopping the moment before," and considering the content of the story, it refers to being stopped just before coming or ejaculating.

I just started reading this today, up to chp 18 and I have to say its pretty good. For once, a wimpy male lead getting lead around by a semi-sadist girl is actually enjoyable to watch[read], and not the least bit annoying. Sahara seems to have one of those complex personalities in that you can't really tell what she's thinking, kinda reminding me quite a bit of Urabe from Mysterious Girlfriend X. The erotic parts only makes it that much better, as I absolutely love seeing Sahara bring Aiba to the brink of ejaculation, only to tease him and say he can't come. Even more shockingly the fact that he can't come w/o her permission and actually torturing himself to not do it. Add that with the silliness of the rest of the Roman club, and you got yourself a solid ecchi manga.

Last edited by frubam; 2009-04-27 at 19:17. Reason: added cover img/genre type
Old 2009-03-04, 11:52   Link #6
frubam
simp for Lyria

Finished reading up to the latest translated chapter. This manga was a bit more serious than I thought. I was surprised that Hideo actually increased his physical stamina because he was running everyday, which is something I didn't expect. I'm also liking how it feels that Hideo and Sahara are getting closer, and Hideo is starting to become more confident in certain ways, like standing up to bullies/thugs and such.

I'm kinda torn on how subservient Hideo's become. It's interesting to see masochism in a far more serious light rather than blatant tomfoolery, but I just can't fully tolerate a male char completely lead by a female char, regardless of what the female does to him. I understand that Sahara is a different, mysterious kind of girl, and loves him and all, and vice-versa w/Hideo, and there's prob some underlying subtle reason she's acts the way she does, but too many times in the past have I seen the guy-follows-girl-no-matter-what scenario, it's hard for it NOT to leave that sort of impression.

After reading the last chap 38, I've actually come to think that
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2009-04-27, 19:22   Link #7
frubam
simp for Lyria

Vol. 5 coming out Jul 14. I can't wait. Anybody know how many vols/chaps there are out in japan?
Old 2009-07-18, 19:52   Link #8
typhonsentra

Wow, no one else follows this one (Besides Frubam)? It's a little too perverted for most, I don't think I'd talk about reading it in most circles but it definitely has an interesting hook and is a fun read. I'm not into most of the things she does and the art isn't good either but sometimes it can even be a little sexy..... once in a while.
Old 2009-07-18, 19:59   Link #9
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-18, 20:42   Link #10
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's actually quite a depressing manga despite the raunchy stuff.
Old 2009-07-18, 20:58   Link #11
typhonsentra

Wish I hadn't read that. :/

What magazine publishes this comic by the way?
Old 2009-07-18, 23:25   Link #12
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
Spoiler:
Who?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-18, 23:43   Link #13
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Who?
Spoiler:
Sahana with the old man...wish I could read japanese:/
Old 2009-07-19, 01:31   Link #14
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Dating? or just her father? what about Hideo?
Old 2009-08-28, 04:48   Link #15
aldrinkhan

Send a message via Yahoo to aldrinkhan
Spoiler for 73:
Old 2009-09-22, 00:08   Link #16
topboy
poor man

ch74... Sahana look fine
Old 2009-09-22, 02:32   Link #17
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~

Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Wow, no one else follows this one (Besides Frubam)? It's a little too perverted for most, I don't think I'd talk about reading it in most circles but it definitely has an interesting hook and is a fun read. I'm not into most of the things she does and the art isn't good either but sometimes it can even be a little sexy..... once in a while.
I've been reading it up to volume 5 of the American releases. I have to say I like it. I mean I am a perv and love raunchy material so of course that aspect works heh. But unlike most raunchy or "adult" titles out there it doesn't pull punches and isn't afraid to get it's hands dirty so to speak. It doesn't tease you with the possibility of adult material and then just fall back on it's childish comedy. To me the comedy is there to support the mature aspects not the other way around. Plus the particular art style of the manag I really like as well. Plus lets face it, kids that age do go through stuff like this when they develop sexually through puberty. It's not as if what they are showing, for the most part, is really that unrealistic.
Old 2010-12-28, 21:23   Link #18
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Anyone here read up to the last chapter? I don't know if it's just me, but the ending is super-confusing.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2011-01-07, 17:42   Link #19
JuGG

I read this (kinda to plug a gap) and although the perversion and other adult themes weren't really up my street I still found myself enjoying this manga quite a bit. Even if the ending left me wanting more. (@Haruyasha: I completely agree, the ending is rather confusing.)

Spoiler for The Ending:
Old 2011-01-10, 01:04   Link #20
chaosangel
iwasawa fan

i read and loved the manga in fact it is in my top three favorite mangas but sadly i think what JuGG said is true.
Spoiler for the ending: