AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-02-09, 12:45   Link #1
lionken07
Well Armed

Discussion about your ride and post some pictures of them!

last year I was car shopping, I didn't really know what I want to get. I looked at Hondas and Toyotas, but everyone else is getting it so I don't want it. I wanted something different, something that you don't see everyday on the road. My only requirements are 4 doors and below $25,000 (something that I can afford). So I went and got the samething that my ex-BF got. A 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I also went against the whole family and got myself a 5 speed. Now that is kind of strange because you don't see a girl driving a WRX (not to mention stick) often.

I wasn't really into cars before this, but ever since I got it I've been more and more into it. its stock right now but I'm already thinking about adding something into it.

Anyways I'm at work right now so I'll post some pictures of it later this week when I have more time at home.

what do you ride? and what's your opinion on it?
lionken07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 12:49   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

This thread is remarkably similar to the Doomed-before-it-was-even-started Post a Picture of Your Ride thread.

If you want my answer, just look in that thread.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 12:53   Link #3
lionken07
Well Armed

yeah but that thread is more of a joke than anything. so only serious post please...hopefully this won't get close...
Old 2004-02-09, 12:55   Link #4
u&t

Surly 1x1 singlespeed mbt. Great ride but with the extremly studded nokian tires you need to trudge through the swow its slooow. Still faster than anything else on the commute though...

Crap, I'm probably older than you and I don't even have a drivers licence
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 12:56   Link #5
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionken07
last year I was car shopping, I didn't really know what I want to get. I looked at Hondas and Toyotas, but everyone else is getting it so I don't want it. I wanted something different, something that you don't see everyday on the road. My only requirements are 4 doors and below $25,000 (something that I can afford). So I went and got the samething that my ex-BF got. A 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. I also went against the whole family and got myself a 5 speed. Now that is kind of strange because you don't see a girl driving a WRX (not to mention stick) often.

I wasn't really into cars before this, but ever since I got it I've been more and more into it. its stock right now but I'm already thinking about adding something into it.

Anyways I'm at work right now so I'll post some pictures of it later this week when I have more time at home.

what do you ride? and what's your opinion on it?
good for you! 5 speeds are fun to drive! I wish I still had mine *sigh*

edit: I had to look - up what type of car you had. Nice, you made a nice purchase.
The torque is good 50/50 for a manual with a viscous limited -slip differential able to redistribute power. Wow... this car can go! throttle response is excellent! and this is a 4-cylinder? becarful! dont get a ticket!

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-02-09 at 13:22.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 14:47   Link #6
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

This is my ride:

The RER is a regional rail network that operates through the city mostly in subways and on mainlines outside the city. It covers all the Paris suburbs and connects with the Metro. One can even get to the airports and Euro Disney via the RER. It is more or less a suburban Metro service. It's neat, low cost and fast.
Old 2004-02-09, 15:02   Link #7
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

This is my ride:

All aboard the commuter rail! Recently the fare increased to $1.80. But it's still one of the cheapest trains in the nation, and you can't argue with the air-conditioned cabins. Plus, it stops just down the street from my house, and ends right next to my school, so it's very convenient.
Old 2004-02-09, 15:02   Link #8
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
good for you! 5 speeds are fun to drive! I wish I still had mine *sigh*

edit: I had to look - up what type of car you had. Nice, you made a nice purchase.
The torque is good 50/50 for a manual with a viscous limited -slip differential able to redistribute power. Wow... this car can go! throttle response is excellent! and this is a 4-cylinder? becarful! dont get a ticket!
didn't know you're that much into cars...

well...i dont have a car...so i'm stuck driving my father's Durango ^_^

takes a bit for it to gain speed...but it's ok...just as long as i look down on everyone else

and one day...i'll get a car of my very own ^_^
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 15:08   Link #9
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I'd sooner post a picture of my naked ass before I post a picture of the car I'm forced to drive right now. I'll just have to bite the bullet and bear with it until a few months from now when I'll have enough money to buy a decent car. That's some fancy looking trains you guys have. Look at it this way, at least you won't have to worry about your tires blowing out right?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 15:33   Link #10
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
We (well, my parents) have 2 cars, a renault safrane and a fiat cinquecento ^^
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 15:43   Link #11
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
didn't know you're that much into cars...

well...i dont have a car...so i'm stuck driving my father's Durango ^_^

takes a bit for it to gain speed...but it's ok...just as long as i look down on everyone else

and one day...i'll get a car of my very own ^_^

The Dodge Durango I think is one the best SUV in the market. ( for a american made truck ) you get the most for your buck here! All muscle here with a Hemi Magnum V-8 unless you have the V-6. Still your gonna feel it at the pump! (gas) The Durango has the a great hauling capacity also. This SUV can go once on the highway, nice comfy ride. I like SUV... heh!
Old 2004-02-09, 15:46   Link #12
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
We (well, my parents) have 2 cars, a renault safrane and a fiat cinquecento ^^
WAAH The Cinquecento! Lots of memories from the early age of FIAT!
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 15:52   Link #13
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
The Dodge Durango I think is one the best SUV in the market. ( for a american made truck ) you get the most for your buck here! All muscle here with a Hemi Magnum V-8 unless you have the V-6. Still your gonna feel it at the pump! (gas) The Durango has the a great hauling capacity also. This SUV can go once on the highway, nice comfy ride. I like SUV... heh!
no...i don't have the Hemi one...the one my father owns is from 98....but it's ok...it's still a v8 ^_^ and i'm a bit shocked at the fuel...i traveled to and from newark (roughly 30 miles) and to and from freehold (around the same distance) and i didn't even waste a quarter of the tank and it's only $25 (US currency) to fill it up when it's a quarter full....

btw...here's my ride when i was on vacation in Portugal ^_^

*edited for things i dont want shown
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 16:08   Link #14
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
no...i don't have the Hemi one...the one my father owns is from 98....but it's ok...it's still a v8 ^_^ and i'm a bit shocked at the fuel...i traveled to and from newark (roughly 30 miles) and to and from freehold (around the same distance) and i didn't even waste a quarter of the tank.
Still its a great SUV! 98' huh! still the steering on those SUV are great! The power and torque numbers respectively show: 175 bhp (130 kW) @ 4,800 rpm, torque at 225 lb-ft (305 N-m) @ 3,200 rpm (est.), 230 bhp (174 kW) @ 4,400 rpm torque (SAE net) 300 lb-ft (407 N-m) @ 3,200, and for the 5.9 V-8, 250 bhp (184 kW) @ 4,000 rpm (est.) torque (SAE net) 335 lb-ft (454 N-m) @ 3,200 rpm (est.) I wasn't sure what V-8 engine you had, I think theres 3 different types for the Durango. BTW.... I got these specs from reading Car and Driver.
Old 2004-02-09, 16:16   Link #15
lionken07
Well Armed

Quote:

btw...here's my ride when i was on vacation in Portugal ^_^

*edited for things i dont want shown

That is somewhat like my car. My headlight is a bit different. so that's probably older model WRX (possible STi?). But it still looks cute.
Old 2004-02-09, 17:39   Link #16
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

For now my ride is the TTC.
If I killed my laziness and went to take the Canadian driver's licence, although I do have the Portuguese driver's licence, I would do my best to get my hands on the Subaru Impreza WRX series car. Why? Ever since I got to know that its motor technology is based from Porsche motor technology I was blown away. This car is magnificent to my eyes in every possible way.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 18:08   Link #17
lionken07
Well Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban
For now my ride is the TTC.
If I killed my laziness and went to take the Canadian driver's licence, although I do have the Portuguese driver's licence, I would do my best to get my hands on the Subaru Impreza WRX series car. Why? Ever since I got to know that its motor technology is based from Porsche motor technology I was blown away. This car is magnificent to my eyes in every possible way.
ar...Horizontally opposed cylinders... not to mention they sound very similar to prosche engine sound lol .
Old 2004-02-09, 18:21   Link #18
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
my car isn't much but it was free

'93, v8, twin overhead cam, air suspension, leather, all digital display. here it is :

my car

i'm hoping for a '69, '70, '71 El Camino with a 454 V8
Old 2004-02-09, 18:35   Link #19
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Not my car, but close enough (color, rims, but I don't have a wing)

1997 GSR - short ram intake, stock header/exhaust/cams/speakers

I'll edit this whenever I can find my camera
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 19:06   Link #20
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Superchop's ride is the wrx STi, and it has the "bug" headlights, since it IS the older model of the car. The 2004 and up has the newer styled body and headlights, which i dislike in the new model.

And the wrx is a 4-cyl car, cammie, about 227hp. It's powerful due to the turbo it has And it has AWD, so thats an added plus.

And the car "can't" move, the car isn't that much of a performer as everyone claims, can someone say 'turbo-lag", and its interior is very lacking and a rough ride. Still like it though ^_^

Hey Caliban, for a portuguese guy you should know better. Where you get that information on the wrx engine? How is it based on a EUROPEAN engine? VW OWNS porsche, why would they allow their "tech" to go to a japanese market? I don't see anything related in a wrx engine to the porsche, maybe the wrx would be a BETTER car if it shared that. But I could be wrong.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote