AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-22, 02:10   Link #1
~jacko~

fighting anime?

could you suggest some fighting anime for me?
I know its a broad category so here are some of my favorites and why to help you gentlemen help me, ya know?
Berserk - Loved the whole theme of persistence and never saying die, how dreams are what draw you forward, what will lift you up, but conversely you never escape fate.
and the use of your mouth during a duel, and yeah just about the rest of it too
Trigun - Whole zaney wild west thing made it more humorous and easy to relate to. Loved vashs self effacing joking attitude
Bebop - Music, randomness, ending, the best fight scenes ever i believe
Outlaw Star - ridicuous and fun. highly entertaining, nice mix of story and rising action

i know all these aren't "fighting" per se but the qualities could all be attributed to a fighter
Old 2008-10-22, 02:45   Link #2
james0246

Hajime no Ippo immediately springs to mind. This is currently the best Fighting/Sports series being made, or at least since the new season is being released in a scant few months (January 2009 - when America gets its new President, the world will also get a new season of Hajime no Ippo ), it will be the "best" Fighting/Sports series being aired .

But, you are probably looking for more "action" rather than fighting, so:

Kurozuka
Seirei no Moribito
Samurai Champloo
Hunter X Hunter
Kekkaishi
Shura no Toki - Age of Chaos
Old 2008-10-22, 02:54   Link #3
~jacko~

hell yeah
thanks for the good answers! starting champloo right now - how could i have slept on this? amazing
Old 2008-10-22, 02:57   Link #4
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Try Kenichi. It's such a fun anime to watch. This one is pure fighting if its really what you looking for (but from your examples, it seems to be action animes).
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2008-10-22, 03:08   Link #5
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The best fighting anime/manga ever is One Piece, it stayed top 10(actually top 6) on ratings, charts etc. for the past 10 years. Characters that will grow with you, unexpected suprises and twists every, yes every chapter for the past 10 years and still going on for more incredible epicness. Fights come in all sorts of forms and styles, intelligent battle tactics, battle of wits, plain wacky, insane or just out of the world. If anything, being epic every chapter is something to prove a point.

But if you're not going for something so long and still going:

Soul Eater, you can't handle this, so cool, its scandalous. That's just the lyrics of one of the bgms lol. This show is a spectacular 50 episodes that's still ongoing. Meisters, people who wield weapons, weapons who are people who can transform into them. Together with their souls resonating to each other, they fight and prevent the ressurection of evil and insanity. Amazing action and great comedy, and more.

If you want something even shorter, say 26 episodes.

Busou Renkin is all the way to go. Again amazing cast and action plus good comedy. The plot plays out nicely and ends with one of the best good endings in recent times. Watch out for the butterfly man, Black Death Butterfly - Papillon! He will soon become your favourite 'antagonist' for a long time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-10-22, 04:01   Link #6
james0246

How could I forget One Piece (strong second for this great series). I must be getting tired .
Old 2008-10-22, 09:39   Link #7
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Ill second Kenichi, one piece, Shura no Toki, Busou Renkin and Soul Eater.

And add Kenshin, Fate Stay Night, Black Lagoon, Shakugan no Shana and Full Metal Panic to the suggestion list.
Old 2008-10-22, 22:00   Link #8
GreatTeacherKen

How about Angelic Layer? It's a pretty solid tournament fighting series with some strong characterization. The supporting character/mentor figure Icchan is hilarious and the fight scenes are well-animated and exciting especially Misaki's (the lead character) last two fights.
Old 2008-10-28, 00:58   Link #9
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

air master is a good fighting anime, got some comedy and great fighting scenes
Old 2008-10-28, 11:31   Link #10
God of Peace

A good one (manga), would be Tenjou Tenge. I havent seen the anime yet bet its a ok fight/combat series, though a bit too ecchi for my taste.

God whispers in our pleasures, but shouts in our pain. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. We cannot learn without pain. Because a man of pleasure is also a man of pains.
Closed Thread