AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-10, 04:21   Link #1
StorminNorman

In a Winter Wonderland...

Hello, denizens of AnimeSuki. It's been a while (several years) since I've posted on the forums, but I thought you guys could help me with this request. Since I recently re-watched Kanon, and since there's snow coming down here, I'm longing for more stories full of its white, fluffy goodness. So what are some other animes that take place in settings with lots of snow?
Old 2009-01-10, 05:29   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Have you seen Tokyo Marble Chocolate? It's a marvelous little Christmas love story in Tokyo so you can naturally expect a lot of snow.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:20   Link #3
Niji

Kanon 2006 starts in snowy season, not sure how long it stays such since I did not finish it.
Part of Black Blood Brothers is in snow-land. Not very long if I recall correctly though.
And of course Naruto, the first movie, about the Snow Princess.
Old 2009-01-10, 23:25   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

Snow Season?

The Snow Queen
Wind -a breath of heart- Omake
Winter Days
Winter Garden
Winter Sonata

These are the rather new ones.
Old 2009-01-11, 04:03   Link #5
mit7059

True Tears

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-01-11, 04:58   Link #6
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Kita e aka Diamond Dust Drops
Quote:
If a couple sees the diamond dust together, then they will certainly find eternal happiness. Or so it is said. This is a drama about the romances, friendships and conflicts of six girls from Hokkaido and how the diamond dust affects them and eventually links them together in the search for happiness.
"Diamond dust", in this case, refers to snow that falls in very cold and dry areas:
Quote:
When condensation nuclei are present, ice crystals may form at temperatures just -20 deg C (0 deg F). At such temperatures, the water vapour in the air spontaneously forms ice crystals which slowly settle earthward. When these falling crystals are caught in the light, they sparkle like gemstones, a weather condition known appropriately enough as "diamond dust".
Old 2009-01-11, 05:19   Link #7
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji View Post
Kanon 2006 starts in snowy season, not sure how long it stays such since I did not finish it.
What do you mean it didn't finish?? The last episode was emited in Japan on 15.03.2007, so it's almost 2 years now. You are probably talking about DVD releases.

As for the request: Norman, what do you mean, that you've seen Kanon? Do you mean the 2002 or 2006 version? If you have seen the former, then watch the latter it's infinitely better in all aspects and it's my favourite anime of all time
Old 2009-01-11, 17:10   Link #8
Niji

Quote:
Kanon 2006 starts in snowy season, not sure how long it stays such since *I* did not finish it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
What do you mean it didn't finish?? The last episode was emited in Japan on 15.03.2007, so it's almost 2 years now. You are probably talking about DVD releases.

As for the request: Norman, what do you mean, that you've seen Kanon? Do you mean the 2002 or 2006 version? If you have seen the former, then watch the latter it's infinitely better in all aspects and it's my favourite anime of all time
I, not it, did not finish - watching it.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:22   Link #9
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Winter Sonata

These are the rather new ones.
So new it's not even out yet.
Old 2009-01-11, 23:55   Link #10
Ash Falls Town

The first half of Persona -Trinity Soul- is snowy and the backgrounds are rather nice. However at the half way point there is a 6 month time skip so it becomes less snowy. Although that's still 13 episodes.