Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 19:42   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
How to convert with Monkey's Audio o.o all other converters refuse to load these file

I have this CD, its in .APE format and it also has a .CUE file
however I first tried to burn it with ImgBurn but it denied for unknown reasons, it didn't state anything
then I tried to load it into Nero which errored as well with the only useful message being error (line 7), not that it helps much

so then I tried to convert it, Total Audio converter was giving me error message without any statement as to why it couldn't convert, so I got Monkey's Audio but I couldn't figure out where I could change the output file type, whatever I did it would just convert it to an .APE extension which I didn't want and their main site's FAQ didn't work >.< this is like my last option so if anyone could care explain to me where I can change it to .WAV I would be grateful

anyways, after that I tried Riverpast Audio Converter and it couldn't do anything with the files either and stated that I had to make certain to have the Radlight filter installed, which I have BTW. After that I tried Xilisoft Audio converter and again no luck at all, it just states that the file path is invalid while it is clearly there

Could anyone help me out by please telling me how to change the extension type in Monkey's Audio to see if at leased that converter works with these files? And if not can recommend me a converter that doesn't have this stupid problem when converting

edit:

Monkey's Audio version 3.99 doesn't work, it shuts itself down as soon as I add the files to the list
Version 4.01 did work however I didn't know how to convert it to WAV cause I couldn't find where you could change the extension
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 20:19   Link #2
Vide
Lurker

I use foobar2000 as my converter, but the software used to convert is not likely the problem here.

If the cue file is UTF8, then you should open it in an editor with UTF8 support, and take a look at line 7, which is usually the one holding the filename of the file to be used together with the the .cue file.

Usually something like this;
FILE "AudioCD.wav" WAVE

If the file that is supposed to be .ape has the .wav extension in the .cue file then it will give you errors, so you will have to change that to .ape, like this;
FILE "AudioCD.ape" WAVE

Then it should hopefully work. If not it might be the quotation marks used that is causing trouble. You should at least be able to fix it by checking the .cue file.

The reason I mentioned UTF8, is that if you got kanji in the track info then opening it with an editor that doesn't support it and saving might end up causing even more errors.
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 20:37   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I figured it out, I first thought Monkey's option Convert would be able to change it to another extension, this however was not the case Decompress changed the files to WAV formats but then again when trying to make MP3's out of them the converters failed again with the message path invalid

@Vide, now that you mention it the file name was written in Kanji, so could that be the cause of the problem?
However I changed the file name at some point and copied them to my C:/ drive to prevent it reading any kanji when adding the files and even then it wouldn't work (but then again there were 2 files for each .APE and I only changed the one you'd import to the converter)
Old 2009-01-13, 08:42   Link #4
Vide
Lurker

If you change the filename then you will have to edit it in the .cue file as well. And yes, kanji in the filename might have been the cause, since some programs will be unable to read it due to lack of unicode support.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:01   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vide View Post
If you change the filename then you will have to edit it in the .cue file as well. And yes, kanji in the filename might have been the cause, since some programs will be unable to read it due to lack of unicode support.
then another silly question, a converter doesn't make use of the .cue file does it?
Old 2009-01-14, 20:26   Link #6
Vide
Lurker

Unless you want to keep the audio as a 'no break disk' then you will need the .cue file to specify where the tracks start and end. Usually you would convert with the .cue file into separate .wav files for the different tracks, then burn those onto a CD instead of just one big file.