AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-10, 12:10   Link #1
tenthirtyone

Moral booster series

Hey all, I did a few searches but I really can't find or think if any anime that's a "moral booster". I been going through a rough month, and I really need something to pick things up a bit. I'm generally open to most genres (although pure comedy school life isn't all that appealing to me). Here's my list of anime that I finish/seen. It's pretty biased in terms of how I rated my series.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kinlap

Anyway, thank you in advance.
Old 2009-03-10, 12:40   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

I think you mean 'morale booster'. Hajime no Ippo is probably the ultimate 'you can do it if you try!!!' anime and just about anything with giant robots robots (especially Eureka Seven) or sports is a surefire feelgood anime. I know you said you don't like school life, but Gakuen Utopia Manabi Striaght is long and by far the best morale boosting anime and simply puton eof the greatest anime ever made, so regardless of being school life, I infinitely recommend it.
Old 2009-03-10, 14:15   Link #3
fatalblue
Dancin' and Dreamin'

Chi's Sweet Home.

On the most basic level it's a simple story about a kitten's life done in small 3 min eps but it's real sweet & cute bound to put a smile on your face & lift your spirits
Old 2009-03-10, 14:17   Link #4
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I see you gave Mushi-shi and Kino's Journey both 10's. I was researching my favorite series and those two names came up alot, so I recently picked up both with Best Buy's crazy fure sale--so if the research was correct, I'd wager you like my favorites as well. When people mentioned them they compaired them to Haibane Renmei and Dennou Coil. I found both to be fun and uplifting series overall. Haibane Renmei is more surreal and there's just something about it is refreshing--simple characters on the surface interacting in interesting ways, rife with symbolism. Dennou Coil reminds me of Ghibli studio's work but seems very realistic rather than fanastic. The characters are almost all likable--and it has amazingly high production standards--supposedly it took a decade to develop. The other series that's name crops up alot is Someday's Dreamers or Mahou Tsukai ni Taisteunsa Koto if you prefer. It's on my watch list, but there's so many things and so little time.

I know you didn't want a school comedy, but since you've seen Kanon and Air and given them decent ratings (8's), I feel almost compelled to suggest Clannad. All are done by the same studio, Kyo-Ani, and it was a fun watch.

On your plan to watch list, you have Serial Expertiments Lain and NGE--I would definitely put those on hold until you are happier because of their themes. Normally I jump at the chance to suggest Makato Shinkai's works, and despite you giving a 9 to his movie The Placed Promised in Our Early Days, I also suggest you not watch his other two major works anytime soon--Voices of a Distant Star or 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Last edited by Telmah; 2009-03-10 at 14:18. Reason: typo
Old 2009-03-10, 14:54   Link #5
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

I wouldn't watch Shinkai's works until you're feeling better. They're very well done but not exactly uplifting.

Azumanga Daioh is a 'school' anime but it's not typical at all and would do the trick if you haven't seen it yet. One of the funniest and most unique animes and it has great characters.
Old 2009-03-10, 16:09   Link #6
Yggdrasil
Baumkuchen

Send a message via ICQ to Yggdrasil Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasil
You should try Oh!-EDO Rocket. It's a pretty funny anime full of parody and weird characters, but also has a pretty light-hearted, fantasy story concerning fireworks. Although it does have some serious scenes, especially near the end. Even the OP makes me feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bVR0...e=channel_page
Old 2009-03-10, 16:15   Link #7
signorRossi

Don't start Wolfs' Rain and put 'Last Exile' on hold for the moment!
That aside, 'Lupin, Castle of Caglistro' or 'Tokyo Godfathers' would be two fun movies to watch. For a small kick even 'Detroit Metal City' should do, GTO may also be an option.
SignorRossi.
Old 2009-03-10, 17:34   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Shion no Ou - Shion becomes a professional Shougi player despite being only twelve years of age, a mute, and the sole witness to her parents' brutal murder.

Junni Kokuki (Twelve Kingdoms) - A high-school girl discovers her true calling when she's transported to a fantasy Asian empire.

Saiunkoku Monogatari - A young woman in another fantasy Asian empire wants to become her country's first female Imperial official.

(You can see I generally like shows with plucky females.)

You might also be motivated by the persistence of the main characters' pursuit of romance in School Rumble. Though none of them is very successful in this effort, you'll laugh a lot watching them try.

Finally, I'd recommend Nodame Cantabile if you haven't yet seen it. Unless you're allergic to classical music, and even perhaps if you are, you can't help but be impressed with the dedication of the characters in this show to their chosen profession.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-03-10 at 23:04. Reason: diction
Old 2009-03-10, 19:39   Link #9
Shadow Kira01

Morale Booster? For some reason, this reminds me of the Super Robot Taisen series in which high morale is definitely required to do special attacks and combos.

If you are looking for animes that gave you similar effects, try these:

Gintama
REC
Skip Beat!
Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Old 2009-03-11, 21:10   Link #10
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I second Kanon.

And I add Aishiteruze Baby!
(Added the exclamation mark for extra morale boost effects. )
Old 2009-03-11, 21:57   Link #11
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Another one I just remembered. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Hilarious anime and it's definitely not school-life related.
Old 2009-03-12, 05:13   Link #12
gonzo562

over drive is a good moral boost anime.
Closed Thread