AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-01, 08:59   Link #1
esmon

Anime focusing on friendship?

Finding anime that focuses on FriendShip. Romance or so are also welcomed. But the anime better doesnt have friend betraying another friend. Just a good anime on FriendShip
Old 2009-11-01, 09:38   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Try Noein.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:09   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I think that Honey & Clover could be referred as friendship at its very best. Obviously included in the suggestion is the sequel Honey & Clover 2.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:15   Link #4
Scorch

Honey and Clover seconded. It's about a group of friends in college. It includes a lot of (often unrequited) romance as well as humor.

K-on and Azumanga Daioh also fit into this theme very well. Azumanga Daioh isn't really about anything, but the main characters are a group of friends in high school.
Old 2009-11-01, 12:46   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

OoFuri is a very fine friendship (at the very least, some would say) anime, albeit baseball-themed. Noein was also a good suggestion. Beck is another good option - among all the band members, but especially Koyuki and Saku.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:29   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would have to recommend Toradora!
Old 2009-11-01, 14:31   Link #7
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Aria is about three friends training together to become Undines (gondoliers) on the planet Aqua (formerly known as Mars). Their sempais are also best friends.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:54   Link #8
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This classification is quite big, since there are lots of series out there that have friendship as a prevailing secondary theme. For a series that has it as its primary one (even if its not the only), the already mentioned Honey&Clover and ARIA are excellent recommendations. Twin Spica is another cute, not so known good series that you might want to check as well. Stellvia of the Universe is also one you might be interested in, though this one has more drama.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-11-01 at 15:05.
Old 2009-11-01, 15:16   Link #9
mit7059

I can't second Ookiku Furikabutte (Oofuri) strong enough. Honey & Clover is also an excellent choice but Oofuri probably fits better with the friendship theme.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-11-01, 16:23   Link #10
Theowne
耳をすませば

It's actually quite hard for me to think of anime which just focuses on the concept of friendship itself, I guess it is less glamorous than romance or bravery.

Ookiku Furikabutte! is a good choice as mentioned. There's no romance or any other distractions, it's all about friendship and teamwork. Don't worry if you don't like baseball.

Honey and Clover is another show I second, it does go beyond the scope of simply friendship, but I think it excellently portrays realistically how friendship and rivalry play off one another.

Natsume Yuujinchou isn't specifically about friendship, as it goes into a lot of other subjects as well, but friendship vs. loneliness is one of them and I think it'd be worth a shot. If you don't love it by the second episode, you probably never will, so it's a short trial.

Haibane Renmei is also one I would recommend. It does get dramatic and philosophical, so if you just want slice-of-life friendship series, something like ARIA would probably be better indeed.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-11-01, 16:32   Link #11
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

What about Maria sama ga Miteru?

The show may be filled with yuri undertones, but it still focus heavily on friendships once everything been said and done.
Old 2009-11-01, 16:32   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If you are specifically looking for friendship that too the male kind I would recommend two series . But both are shonen let me warn ya beforehand : P

* GunGrave : The premise of this anime is friendship and bonds . Its about two best friends who are inseparable and share each others dreams . But along the way there is confusion and which leads to betrayal . This film explores friendship love and principles .... it explores one mans obsession with being on the top of the world and his best friend trying to save his humanity /principles . The story even minus the action is a treat to watch .

* Heat Guy J . Explores the freindhsip between a teenager and cyborg . The Cyborg acts as a fatherly figure guiding the Rookie Hot Shot Detective in life . Though there bond is that of a master and a cyborg the relationship they share transcend that . Has a really good BGM n Op/ED . The OP has still remained my all time fave : )

Quote:

Old 2009-11-01, 17:29   Link #13
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, he did mentioned that he didn't want that much drama in the frienship theme, and while Gungrave is an exellent, excellent, excellent series, it has its fair share of twists, being a mafia centric series.
Old 2009-11-01, 18:04   Link #14
retardation
phantom loser

a lot of the popular shounen tend to have friendship themes, shows like gurren lagann and naruto.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:55   Link #15
Godly_senselessness

07 Ghost is exactly what your looking for.
Old 2009-11-01, 22:24   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_senselessness View Post
07 Ghost is exactly what your looking for.
And if you believe in subtexts, much, much more!
Old 2009-11-01, 23:59   Link #17
ArianaChaz
Charcoal Feather Brigade

If you don't mind a silly anime, SuperGALS! is (I think) hilarious, and it is all about friendship.
Also, Azumanga Daioh is all about girls who are friends in high school. It is very good.
Old 2009-11-02, 09:13   Link #18
andromeda0201

Kaleido Star highly fits the bill, pounding hard on the friendship theme more than 'rivals'

Nana - is a very well made shoujo anime, focusing on the friendship between 2 girls with the same name

Hunter X Hunter is one of those shounen animes that relies heavily on friendship more than actually competitors as well.

Black Cat and Getbackers - see the main characters forming a strong bond, becoming almost inseparable with each other
Old 2009-11-02, 11:23   Link #19
npcomplete

Hidamari Sketch TV & OVA + Hidamari Sketch x365

plus practically all sports anime and many shounen anime
Old 2009-11-02, 12:18   Link #20
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Try Freedom - it was really good and focused on friendship pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I would have to recommend Toradora!
I second that one!