AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 11:10   Link #1
StoneCloud

Good New Stuff

Any new anime that is worth watching? I'll give pretty much any anime a shot, but I do like things that are a bit more action oriented. Not adverse to anime that are more story and character driven.

Thanks
Old 2009-11-30, 11:20   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

New as in this year? I can recommend a lot from this year:

Cross Game - Story and character driven. It's a coming of age story about high school baseball players.
Bakemonogatari - Story and character driven. It's a sort of harem/monster of the week story where the girls ARE the monsters of the week.
Canaan - Action story. An Action girl looking for revenge. Incredibly good animation.
Eden of the East - Story and character driven. It starts of kinda like the borune identity where this guy is naked has amnesia and holds a phone charged with 8 billion yen and a gun.
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Story and Character driven - About two kids trying to surive an earthquake and the after effects.
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - Action story. A guy kidnapped by a giant crime organisiation and made into an assassin.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-11-30 at 11:40.
Old 2009-11-30, 11:26   Link #3
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
2009 has been a pretty weak year. However, Summer 2009 was a strong season. Most of the good/popular animes this year are sequels to the original season such as:

Clannad After Story
Spice and Wolf II
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Darker Than Black II
To Aru no Gagaku Railgun
Hayate no Gotoku II

Some of the new highlights (popular or good) of this year include:

Toradora
K-on
Bakemonogatari
Higashi no Eden
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Kimi ni Todoke

Not too much action this year. Sengoku Basara might fit your boat though. Dynasty Warriors Japanese style with Gurren Laggann like energy. Canaan might also be worth tying though I haven't watched it myself. I think the 6th Kara no Kyoukai movie was also aired this year. The last one (7th) has still yet to be subbed.

Other than that Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Darker Than Black II (if you have seen 1st season) is your best bet.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:17   Link #4
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Cross Game, followed by Cross Game, and thirded by Cross Game. Other than that the people before have highlighted most of the decent to good series this year, except for the sleeper hitter Kemono No Souja Erin. If you enjoyed the likes of Juuni Kokki, Seirei no Moribito, or ancient east asia themed series this is a sure see for you.

That said, these two titles are not realy action ones, and pertain more to the character oriented category you mention.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:59   Link #5
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
kara no kyoukai #6 was pretty good, but coming after #5 it was kind of reduced by comparison.

(#5 is awesome and win)

Mikiya's sister looks and acts a lot like Rin.

n'thing Canaan and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

also Darker Than Black season two
Old 2009-11-30, 16:14   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Haruhi Suzumiya 2009
(with the caveat that the Endless Eight arc was 5 very painful episodes too long)

There are a few others that were good or decent. But for top quality so far I'd only pick those three.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-30, 16:42   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Needless and Darker than Black strike me as the two best action-oriented shows this year. Fairy Tail is turning out to be pretty fun, too.
Closed Thread