Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-18, 06:56   Link #1
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Samurai Champloo composer Jun Nujabes killed in car accident at 36

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ba-passes-away

The official website of hydeout productions has announced on Thursday that Jun Seba, the hip-hop producer better known as Nujabes, passed away due to an automobile accident in Tokyo late in the evening of February 26. He was 36 years old. An ambulance had rushed Nujabes to a hospital in Tokyo's Shibuya ward, but the live-saving efforts of the medical staff were ultimately unsuccessful.

Nujabes made his professional debut in 2003 on the label compilation album first collection and his first solo album, Metaphorical Music. He composed the music in Manglobe's Samurai Champloo television anime series, including its "Battlecry" opening theme song. He had left behind some unreleased tracks in the studio, and his label plans to release those tracks on some format in the future.

*sob* I am gutted....I really am. This guy was a genius. The two OSTs to Samurai Champloo were just genius. This guy was ahead of his time and had so much to give. Battlecry, The Space Between Two Worlds, Ole, 624 Part 1 & 2, Arururian Dance, Silver Children, Vagrancy, Chambers, Funkin', How You Feel, Mystline....this was just some of the most brilliant, evocative and soulful music ever made. And we have been robbed of the chance to hear him make more awesome music -_- *smashes fist against table*

Wherever Nujabes is, I hope he bridged the gap between two worlds and is treating the afterlife to a funkin' like it's 2099. RIP mate. The world will dearly miss you! ><
Old 2010-03-18, 09:52   Link #2
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Not sure why this would be moved to General Anime, seemed fine were it was.

It really tears me up that we'll never get another albulm from this guy. R.I.P. Nujabes, you made incredible music. Been listeing to this all morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxgpHWtLC0
Old 2010-03-18, 12:45   Link #3
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

May he R.I.P, the world has just lost a great artist.
Old 2010-03-18, 14:54   Link #4
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Wow... what a unique music video. It's rather entrancing in a bizarre kind of way.

It's always sad when someone loses their life at an early age. It seems even more so if they were a gifted artist.

I wish I could say I was more familiar with his music, beyond Samurai Champloo. Even though I'm not a hip hop fan, I appreciated that series for it's humorous, anachronistic take on a samurai story. It was a fun watch and the music had a lot to do with that.

RIP Nujabes.
Old 2010-03-18, 15:02   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Not all that much into Nujabes but this track Shiki no Uta by Minmi produced by Nujabes . Is one the best tracks I have heard not just w.r.p to anime .

Old 2010-03-18, 16:18   Link #6
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Keep on counting those stars, wherever you may be now.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 16:30   Link #7
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Damn... and only the other day did I dig out the album to listen to it again.

Such a peaceful tune... it's one of the few anime OSTs that I used to listen to for hours on end.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:27   Link #8
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

May he rest in peace....

Thank you for all the good things you have done
Old 2010-03-18, 20:51   Link #9
Patch&Quilt

I own all of his albums/compilations and his Champloo works, he was a great producer.

RIP.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 21:05   Link #10
Nosauz

RIP, one of the best music producers for an amazing show. I think the reason why I love champloo is because of the amazing detailed selection of music to develop characters, it's sad to see someone so gifted leave us.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 22:05   Link #11
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
RIP, one of the best music producers for an amazing show. I think the reason why I love champloo is because of the amazing detailed selection of music to develop characters, it's sad to see someone so gifted leave us.
For sure. Silver Children and First Samurai were perfect for battle scenes. 624 Parts 1 and 2 were great for scenes slowly building in tension or revelations. 624 Part 1 makes me think of a rainy day, watching rain drip from trees and hit the ground while brooding in quiet while Part 2 makes me feel the sun coming out and getting ready to just let loose the pent-up energy. Kunjaku was nice for hectic, busy moments. Mystline was good loss/sorrow music. Ole was good for spicier moments. Space Between Two World was great cruising music and the subtle way the guitar shifted between different chords was just brilliant. How You Feel was good for the softer/tender moments. Battlecry was a belter of an opening. Song of Four Seasons was a good ending to just let what happened flow through and move on. The union between series and music was just so electric - it was a major reason for me liking the series. This guy knew what it meant to make music to suit a series and kudos to Shinichiro Wanatabe for picking the perfect guy for the job.
Old 2010-03-18, 23:09   Link #12
Peterbigeyes

This is so sad..... R.I.P
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:20   Link #13
retardation
phantom loser

amazing producer
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 01:52   Link #14
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
For sure. Silver Children and First Samurai were perfect for battle scenes. 624 Parts 1 and 2 were great for scenes slowly building in tension or revelations. 624 Part 1 makes me think of a rainy day, watching rain drip from trees and hit the ground while brooding in quiet while Part 2 makes me feel the sun coming out and getting ready to just let loose the pent-up energy. Kunjaku was nice for hectic, busy moments. Mystline was good loss/sorrow music. Ole was good for spicier moments. Space Between Two World was great cruising music and the subtle way the guitar shifted between different chords was just brilliant. How You Feel was good for the softer/tender moments. Battlecry was a belter of an opening. Song of Four Seasons was a good ending to just let what happened flow through and move on. The union between series and music was just so electric - it was a major reason for me liking the series. This guy knew what it meant to make music to suit a series and kudos to Shinichiro Wanatabe for picking the perfect guy for the job.
don't forget the perfect selection of the op and ed, which juxtaposed hip hop and soul full R&b jpop style into perfect start and ends of Samurai champloo. I need to go dig out the ost and just play that nonstop for 5 days straight as homage to one the best music producers ever.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:33   Link #15
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I have to be honest, I'm devastated by this news. Nujabes is easily one of my favorite musicians and quite possibly my favorite producer of all time. I have the man's whole discography and through him, I came to an appreciation of the nu-jazz, fusion, and underground Hip-Hop scenes. His music is a refuge when my sanity is slipping and an inspiration when my mind is racing.

I know he touched so many lives with his music, and we will miss him dearly. I hope beyond hope that those whom he has inspired take up his mantle.
Old 2010-03-19, 16:21   Link #16
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
*sob* I am gutted....I really am. This guy was a genius. The two OSTs to Samurai Champloo were just genius. This guy was ahead of his time and had so much to give. Battlecry, The Space Between Two Worlds, Ole, 624 Part 1 & 2, Arururian Dance, Silver Children, Vagrancy, Chambers, Funkin', How You Feel, Mystline....this was just some of the most brilliant, evocative and soulful music ever made. And we have been robbed of the chance to hear him make more awesome music -_- *smashes fist against table*
The OSTs have been on my mp3 player for almost 4 years straight, one of the best chillout tunes that I've heard in a long time.
(What I bolded are my favourites)
He will be missed, I didn't notice if he was releasing anything new lately, but I'm sure like most artists that pass away, there are some unreleased stuff that they may compile later on.

At least he was able to grace the planet with his smooth tunes for a while

Rest In Peace.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 23:15   Link #17
Boomproof
Imagination's Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Boomproof
https://www.youtube.com/embed/C8CywMxwBOU

Funky bazzterd! So goddamn sad you passed away... You left an incredibly original, crative and unique trace... I hope you're rockin' the house, wherever you like to be right now!

With one eye crying and the other smiling: Thanks for your beats man.

R.I.P. Nujabes
Boomproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 23:32   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

We're losing many great people apparently R.I.P
Old 2011-07-13, 23:36   Link #19
Kyuu
=^^=

Damn. Champloo's opening was one of the more badass themes out there.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:11   Link #20
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

There are so few Hip Hop artists today keeping the music genuine, its a grand shame we have lost a man of his excellence.

His music will continue to uplift me, R.I.P. Jun Seba
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote