AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-12, 07:11   Link #1
k1ley4evr

anything similar to naruto?

im really a first time anime watcher, i just watched naruto all the way up to the current episodes, and i love it. is there any other anime thats similar to it? no scifi stuff please
Old 2004-03-12, 08:05   Link #2
Kaizoku Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ley4evr
im really a first time anime watcher, i just watched naruto all the way up to the current episodes, and i love it. is there any other anime thats similar to it? no scifi stuff please
Dragonball Z: Yeah, I know Naruto-fans get tired of their favorite show being compared to DBZ, but it's the only show to have ever been as popular as Naruto now is. In case you haven't seen it, or don't even know it; there's also a lot of fighting in it, it has some story, pretty nice characters and it gets dragged on way, way too long.

Hunter X Hunter: Perhaps the best shounen fighting shows there is. It's somewhat comparable to Naruto as it also features a young boy who wants to grow into a strong person as a main character. There's also a lot of fighting and quite an interesting story and very nice characters.
HxH is better than the average shounen fighting show because it does not drag on. It follows the manga very well and filler is almost non-existent.

One Piece: I haven't seen it myself yet, but it also seems to be a typical shounen-series with a lot of fighting, humor and likable characters.
Old 2004-03-12, 08:27   Link #3
k1ley4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku Luffy
Dragonball Z: Yeah, I know Naruto-fans get tired of their favorite show being compared to DBZ, but it's the only show to have ever been as popular as Naruto now is. In case you haven't seen it, or don't even know it; there's also a lot of fighting in it, it has some story, pretty nice characters and it gets dragged on way, way too long.

Hunter X Hunter: Perhaps the best shounen fighting shows there is. It's somewhat comparable to Naruto as it also features a young boy who wants to grow into a strong person as a main character. There's also a lot of fighting and quite an interesting story and very nice characters.
HxH is better than the average shounen fighting show because it does not drag on. It follows the manga very well and filler is almost non-existent.

One Piece: I haven't seen it myself yet, but it also seems to be a typical shounen-series with a lot of fighting, humor and likable characters.
hey thanks alot man, i think im gonna try hxh first. i also heard alot of great stuff about one piece.. thanks again
Old 2004-03-12, 10:48   Link #4
Kaizoku Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ley4evr
hey thanks alot man, i think im gonna try hxh first. i also heard alot of great stuff about one piece.. thanks again
About Hunter X Hunter:
There's a tv-series and three OVA's, which should be watched in the following order:

Hunter X Hunter TV (62 eps)
Hunter X Hunter OVA 1 (8 eps)
Hunter X Hunter OVA 2 - Greed Island (8 eps)
Hunter X Hunter OVA 3 - Greed Island Final (14 eps)

The third OVA is currently being released in Japan, and should be finished around august.
Old 2004-03-12, 10:51   Link #5
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
OMG

~Full Metal Alcamest
~Chrno Crusade
~One Peiace
~All of Hunter X Hunter

and that is all on my mind
Old 2004-03-13, 13:29   Link #6
7thMethuselah

Get backers

Tokyo Underground

Hunter x Hunter
Closed Thread