031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Your stomach contents rushed forth... 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-25, 01:53   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 152 & 153 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
152 Somber News - 悲報 ~ Hihō.
153 Following the Master's Shadow - 師の影を追って ~ Shi no kage o otte.

Description:
Quote:
152: The Akatsuki finish sealing the Six-Tails and Utakata dies. Sasuke and Jugo reach the hideout and give Killer Bee to Madara for extraction of his Tailed Beast. Naruto remembers about what Itachi had said to him about Sasuke, and about a secret power that Itachi had given him. The next day, Naruto is summoned by Tsunade. After a brief talk, Naruto is told by Fukusaku that Jiraya had died in battle. Unable to cope with the shocking news, Naruto exits the room, needing some time alone. Iruka greets him, but Naruto ignores him.
Quote:
153: Naruto is saddened and thinks about his past times with Jiraya. Fukusaku reveals the code that Jiraya left him on his back and tells Tsunade that he has the body of one of Pain's Paths. Upon hearing this, Tsunade orders an autopsy to be performed on the body, and decryption of the code. Iruka meets with Naruto again, and comforts him. Unable to help with the decryption of the code, Shikamaru decides to visit Naruto. Together, they go out to visit Kurenai. After that, Shikamaru manages to cheer Naruto up, and Naruto decides to help.
Episode 152 Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Yoshinobu Aohachi
Storyboard: Toshiya Niidome
Episode Director: Naoki Horiuchi
Screenplay: Yuka Miyata

Episode 153 Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Shigeki Kawai
Storyboard: Masaaki Kumagai
Episode Director: Masaaki Kumagai
Screenplay: Yuka Miyata

Title for Next Episode:
no episode next week (4/01)
04/08 Decryption - 暗号解読 ~ Angō kaidoku.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-01 at 02:13.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 03:32   Link #2
neshru

Looking forward to this. The best arc in the entire series is finally about to begin.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:15   Link #3
EoT
~~

Pretty much two talking episodes and by the end of it Naruto is no longer sulking!
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:50   Link #4
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I haven't seen them yet, really, but I thought that Naruto already knows that Jiraiya is dead - in the anime. I can remember some episode where Iruka shared one of those double-water-ices with Naruto, a blue one and Naruto was sad all day and then Shikamaru talked to him about how they were the future generation and that he also lost his master but Naruto's supposed to stop crying... am I totally wrong?
I am so very sure it was animated...
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:57   Link #5
neshru

that stuff is in the episode that aired today.
Old 2010-03-25, 08:07   Link #6
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
that stuff is in the episode that aired today.
How could I know the ice is light blue? How could I know about the sunset? I am serious. I have not watched the episode this week. I was confused when people said that Naruto would be surprised about his master's death. I was confused by the episodes. I thought he knew it, the frog returned, Tsunade cried bitterly...
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2010-03-25, 08:38   Link #7
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
How could I know the ice is light blue?
You probably saw a coloured manga pic. The ice is not light blue in the anime.
Old 2010-03-25, 08:44   Link #8
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
You probably saw a coloured manga pic. The ice is not light blue in the anime.
Not? Different color or still blue and arguable hue? The ice was blue and a two sticks ice cream and Iruka gave it to Naruto. I remember that... Oo
Show me the ice.
Old 2010-03-25, 08:50   Link #9
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
... Suigetsu, what you're talking about hasn't been animated yet. At all. It was featured for the first time in the anime this week only.

What you may or may not have seen is a coloured pic or a fan animation (There were a couple of fanmade ones that featured the upcoming arc in general. The scene may or may not have been in them.)

Regardless of why, the fact remains: You're wrong.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 08:55   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A talking episode ?

Oh Shit I am truly disappointed and there I was planning to watch them now =/
Old 2010-03-25, 09:09   Link #11
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ It's glorious canon. After weeks of crappy filler how could you not want to watch them?

If you are a Jiraiya fan you probably cried. Lots of Jiraiya flashbacks. Poor Tsunade.

The animation and drawing for 153 was a lot better than 152. I thought Sasuke looked weird in 152, but maybe that's me. New character Shiho the code girl is adorable. She looks much better animated. Even her Shikamaru crush came off better animated.

The Naruto and Shikamaru bonding reminded me of Part 1. Not enough of that in Shippuden. Lots of cool stuff as Shikamaru teaches life lessons and gets Naruto over his grieving.. And Naruto sees his first pregnant woman.
Old 2010-03-25, 09:17   Link #12
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The animation and drawing for 153 was a lot better than 152.
152 was definitely done by some low budget animation team. 153 was a real treat though.
Old 2010-03-25, 09:21   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

WOOT WOOT!! I'm dying to see this arc!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:24   Link #14
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Not? Different color or still blue and arguable hue? The ice was blue and a two sticks ice cream and Iruka gave it to Naruto. I remember that... Oo
Show me the ice.
Iruka never shared Ice cream with Naruto before, only Jiraya did. It was blue back then...

Here it was orange...
You surely have mistakened the parts. As some people said it probably was a manga or fan animation.

Anyway even though there was a lot of talking, I still liked it^^
Good to see all those flashbacks with Jiraya, some which never were animated before.
Poor Tsunade and Jiraya, they were the closes ones to him... although I think Tsunade is in far worse situation
Old 2010-03-25, 09:48   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The animation and drawing for 153 was a lot better than 152. I thought Sasuke looked weird in 152, but maybe that's me. New character Shiho the code girl is adorable. She looks much better animated. Even her Shikamaru crush came off better animated.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but does she have blonde hair? She's just gotta have blonde hair, else all my Shikimaru's Blonde Harem jokes will be for not...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:54   Link #16
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I haven't seen the episode yet, but does she have blonde hair? She's just gotta have blonde hair, else all my Shikimaru's Blonde Harem jokes will be for not...
Not exactly as blonde as Temari's and Ino's, but still blonde
Old 2010-03-25, 10:00   Link #17
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

OK OK .. here comes the arc!!!!

And who cares about Shiho .. Shika IS married to Temari dammit!

jk .. BUT it will comes true!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:05   Link #18
zaxthezax

I was disappointed by the first episode. The emotional impact wasn't too strong,, i wasn't moved at all (esp. coz of the dialogues). They were like talking more about Pain and everything,, nobody seemed to care xcept for Naruto. And all these flashbacks.. :/

Secound episode made up for this. Did I hear some new OST?
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:12   Link #19
kitten320

^Tsunade simply couldn't allow to get all emotional at that stage. She had work to do.

This arc will be epic only until it reaches the ending... atleast for me that is...
Old 2010-03-25, 10:37   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

When I think about it, I haven't looked forward to a Naruto arc in such a long time
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion