AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Ayu Mayu?
I hate them. They're pointless. They're annoying. They should be removed 9 13.04%
I'm indifferent 9 13.04%
They provide the much needed comic relief 45 65.22%
They're the best characters in the show 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-14, 17:28   Link #1
Key Board
Carbon

What's your opinion on Ayu Mayu?

What's your opinion on Ayu Mayu?
Old 2003-11-14, 17:38   Link #2
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
meh, they are like scenery to me, kinda just there
Old 2003-11-14, 20:15   Link #3
Kensuke

This series would be too depressing without them...

If you don't like them, don't watch!
Or watch them later, when you are in proper mood, or whatever reason you have...
Old 2003-11-14, 20:53   Link #4
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I only hate the one that is the super bitch. I'm sorry, but you don't constantly yell out cat shit in a restaraunt, and not clean up your tables without getting FIRED! She doesn't deserve a job with her bitchy attitude, it makes me want to slap her in the face. Maybe I feel this way because I've worked in a restaraunt and I hate working with people like her. I bet she gets really shitty tips though. Oh wait, they don't get tips in Japan do they? Well in any case she needs to get fired and get her attitude re-adjusted.

But the other girl is cute
Old 2003-11-14, 22:16   Link #5
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I only hate the one that is the super bitch. I'm sorry, but you don't constantly yell out cat shit in a restaraunt, and not clean up your tables without getting FIRED! She doesn't deserve a job with her bitchy attitude, it makes me want to slap her in the face. Maybe I feel this way because I've worked in a restaraunt and I hate working with people like her. I bet she gets really shitty tips though. Oh wait, they don't get tips in Japan do they? Well in any case she needs to get fired and get her attitude re-adjusted.

But the other girl is cute
Ayu would be fired long time ago in a normal situation. But maybe there's a reason why she's acting like that. The manager of the restaurant is very nice and he trusted the Takayuki can keep her under control. Haha.
Old 2003-11-15, 00:15   Link #6
Chiyo's Father
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Ayu would be fired long time ago in a normal situation. But maybe there's a reason why she's acting like that. The manager of the restaurant is very nice and he trusted the Takayuki can keep her under control. Haha.

Yeah... I was (and still am) wondering about that, too. I'm just waiting for an episode where the manager tells Takayuki about Ayu's story/reason/etc... and as to what they might be? The only reason that -I- can think of for Ayu's not-being-fired-ness is this:

---
Takayuki: Manager sir, if Ayu's always causing us so much trouble, why don't you just fire her?

Manager: *has that typically serious expression on his face* Well, you see... Ayu has a nice rack. And that uniform is perfect for displaying that lovely cleavage.

Takayuki: ... heh?

Manager: Er, I mean, um... gee, this is some nice weather we're having, isn't it?
---

Honestly, what other reason would there be?
Old 2003-11-15, 01:46   Link #7
ZGMF-10A

GO STEP ON CAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!.......
LMFAO...... thats a new one that cracks me up ..........
Old 2003-11-15, 02:12   Link #8
eMpTy265
<unranked>

During the omake, they're pretty funny, and much needed in an anime which really tend to depress the audience due to it's realistic yet sad nature.

Now, in the show, Ayu's really irritating, and yes she probably should have been fired.

Now, you wonder whether she actually paid the store manager to keep her as an employee. =P

Spoiler:

As for Mayu, I suppose she provides our typical careless, kiddish lolita girl... but I'm indifferent to her existence. =D
Old 2003-11-15, 02:40   Link #9
Tboz

Well, I like Mayu more than Ayu. Check out that cat teeth, she is just like any cat girl that we are familiar with. She has got the attitude and provides the neccessary comic relief.

Mayu pales considerably in that she is given not much personality and so is less noticeable. She mostly acts as Ayu's follower and echo what she said.

Btw, the spell casting spoof at the end of ep 6 is real funny...
Old 2003-11-15, 04:02   Link #10
Shenlong

Red face

One needs a good slapping and the other needs to stop acting like shinobu
Old 2003-11-16, 02:33   Link #11
Durandal
Insane AI

Send a message via AIM to Durandal
They are Hilarious, and needed otherwise the angst could kill you.
Old 2003-11-17, 07:11   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

Ayu/Mayu in episode 7 was hilarious again ... am I the only one who thinks that their jokes in eps 6 and 7 are much better than the previous ones?

Making fun of "the core development" of the respective episode is a good way to remind us that this is still just an anime, fiction for our enjoyment.

Lately, I need it. Dang, is this heavy stuff.
Old 2003-11-17, 08:18   Link #13
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
if she wasn't there, this would be a REALLY depressing anime...
Old 2003-11-17, 11:36   Link #14
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Ayu/Mayu in episode 7 was hilarious again ... am I the only one who thinks that their jokes in eps 6 and 7 are much better than the previous ones?

Making fun of "the core development" of the respective episode is a good way to remind us that this is still just an anime, fiction for our enjoyment.

Lately, I need it. Dang, is this heavy stuff.
Yeah, Ayu Mayu theater is utilizing the full potential of these two characters. Love it.
Old 2003-11-17, 21:44   Link #15
ZGMF-10A

i can't believe no other anime did that ayu mayu thing ..... that so funny.... ya i think the jokes have gotten better as the episodes passes..... i still wondering what will happen in the next episode.....

GO STEP ON CAT SHIT !!!
Old 2003-11-20, 01:03   Link #16
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
They're comic relief characters I guess.. ^^; I think Ayu is really funny. Mayu is just there.. But she's cute. They aren't very important in the anime.
Old 2003-11-20, 01:28   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I like them, the omake at the end is great. When the series is over one of the fansub groups should release a collection of all of the Ayu Mayu theaters in one avi file.
Old 2003-11-20, 04:51   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
i can't believe no other anime did that ayu mayu thing ..... that so funny.... ya i think the jokes have gotten better as the episodes passes..... i still wondering what will happen in the next episode.....

GO STEP ON CAT SHIT !!!
It isn't that all new. The OVA "Top o Nerae! Gunbuster" had something similar each episode, the original broadcast of "Nadesico" had one, and there was a pre-episode in the original CS broadcast version of "Galaxy Angel" And many more which I will not mention, as that would mean that I would have to take the time to write down what I remember from watching anime since twenty years ago...

Although I have to admit I was looking foward to see the "Oshiete!! Ciel-Sensei" and "Oshiero!! Arc-Sensei" as gag in the Shingetsutan Tsukihime anime running right now...but I guess I should've known the overall tone of the anime was going to be dark as it is the same director as GunParade March...
Old 2003-11-21, 00:40   Link #19
bluemist
i am the mist

Ayu and Mayu is cool, but I think they should also develop the two hospital nurses as well.

It cracks me up when the older girl calls Takayuki as 'Kareshi' in a sexy way!
Old 2003-11-21, 02:25   Link #20
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Like Mayu. As for Ayu, somebody needs to scrub her mouth with a toilet brush. With her language, she makes sailors and marines sound articulate.
Closed Thread