AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 39.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-03, 11:44   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Durarara!! - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Durarara!!, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-06-03, 13:22   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty good, though slow as always. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me that much, but I sure hope all that build up will lead to something great this time. The preview certainly got my hopes up.
  • That Dollars member whose name I've already forgotten was beaten up pretty badly. But unlike Saki, he didn't stay freaking ages in the hospital and was back to school later in the episode, so I guess it wasn't so bad after all.
  • Mikado is angsting about the dollars throughout the episode, I thought he was over it already but the recent events have affected him a lot.
  • Celty really acts like a big sister to Anri now~ I love it.
  • The yellow scarves continue to track down and attack Dollars members, in an effort to stop this, Anri asks her children to stop them.
  • Kanra-chan deeeeeesssssu~ Izaya just keeps on trolling and stalking. I laughed pretty hard at the "job" he had Namie do in this episode
  • Some of Anri's children among the Yellow scarves get caught and interrogated. They claim they don't remember anything, so Kida jokes about them having been hypnotized, but they reply it may be possible, after seeing what the Black Rider was capable of.
  • The other members add that those guys started acting weird after meeting with a woman.

"She was wearing a raira uniform"
    Kida: "..."
    "She was wearing glasses"
    Kida: "..."
    "She has huge breasts"
    Kida: "!!! Anri!?"

Kida is in utter disbelief after hearing this.
  • Mikado meets with Seiji and Mika. I had totally forgotten about those two... Seiji delivered a pretty decent speech, and almost looked cool. His role probably ends here lol.
  • The episode ends with Horoda finding Anri and leading her into a dark alley, poor dude doesn't know he's going to be the one getting raped. Oh and Mikado discovers people are looking for Anri through the Dollars website (Huge breasts? Glasses? no doubt about it!), and he's also pretty shaken by it.

The preview shows Anri wearing Celty's pajamas~
    But more importantly, what happened to Shizuo!?
Old 2010-06-03, 21:25   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, for better or for worse, that was funny. How everyone seemed to think of Anri by "Big breasts".
Anri=Big breasts
...(T_T) Poor Anri

Geh, of all people to be lectured on love about... Seiji, of all people...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-06-03, 21:37   Link #4
tsunade666

........ the episode is so slow on this one. I feel like watching for hours. With the all the thoughts of mikado being quitting and anri start moving. And the finally even give me a cliff hanger. I wish it starts moving by the time of next episode.

Those 3 really didn't notice each other or rather. Mikado didn't notice any changes at all.
Old 2010-06-03, 22:21   Link #5
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Interesting but slow episode, but finally Shizuo returns to liven things up.. though he's oddly shown on the ground next episode.
Old 2010-06-04, 00:06   Link #6
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Poor Anri, why everyone identify her with her big boobs?

Anyway slow episode again this week, still has some scene that speaks adorable. Celty and Anri's scene <333 and Izaya is still the same as ever

Next episode seems to be where things got liven up though

I totally forgot about Seiji so there. Yes, obvious haet is obvious <3

Old 2010-06-04, 01:49   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Oh, goody! Distraction just in case if I'm bored to death once again like in episode 20, mostly due to the episode spent so much time on that unworthy whiny, bratty, punkish Yellow Scarve leader with a horrible squeaky voice. Natsuki sure knows what to say to get me worked up. Looking forward to Anri's boo.... er.. episode 21.
Old 2010-06-04, 02:57   Link #8
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Monir dear, everyone knows your perverseness interest(s)

Yes, I know other than wincest, MANRINESS and awesome epitome of old me-- errr, I mean, GARNESS! You make it obvious, and we all love you so much because of that~~

Old 2010-06-04, 03:25   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She is a Yasuda Suzuhito design after all.
Old 2010-06-04, 03:29   Link #10
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Saika's gang is going on a recruitment drive next ep lol. Horoda doesn't know who he's messing with.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:14   Link #11
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Interesting but slow episode, but finally Shizuo returns to liven things up.. though he's oddly shown on the ground next episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-04, 10:22   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
There are actually four legends in Ikebukuro: The headless rider, the Dollars, Shizuo and Anri's boobs.
Old 2010-06-04, 16:56   Link #13
Boduar

Mikado pisses me off so much just for the fact he is doing absolutely nothing. Kida is at least trying to do something even if he is butchering the job.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:01   Link #14
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Mikado pisses me off so much just for the fact he is doing absolutely nothing. Kida is at least trying to do something even if he is butchering the job.
Mikado has so little experience in this. He's still learning. He obviously going to have problems as he goes along.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:14   Link #15
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
WOW. Newest episode out already? Subbers working fastttttttttttt.

Izaya. Taking a page from Aizen. (Just as planned...)

Mikado finding his conviction was pretty, (tries to find the word) touching.

But what i'm really interested in is the preview. The title: Declaration of disbandment. Who is gonna disband. And then theres that second of (NINJA EDIT) laying on the watery floor.

Whoops looks like it's actually Shizuo. Bleh.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-06-04, 17:16   Link #16
Iron Maw
Banned

Nice episode!

So, apparently the only reason the Dollars haven't retaliated is because Mikado has been cautioning them not to and most of them are unhappy lack of action or, response. Some like Takiguchi (I think?) are quitting or, considering it unless he does something about the YS, either by suppressing them physically, or, diplomatically. Mikado is at a loss on what to do especially since he lacks info and now with Anri about to be attacked it look like his "hand" will finally going to be forced. Seiji (advice from him of all people eh?) little talk to him seemed to get him back on track.

Anyone think Izaya was the one who posted that message about Anri? Kadota seem to be on the board to, "MONTA" is his screen name if I'm correct.

Also, good to see Anri taking action (or, atleast what little she could) by having her children protect the Dollar members, but she's pretty much exposed herself in doing so, which is what Izaya wants further creating more misunderstanding.

Masaomi acting with much more confidence to restrain the more unruly members of his gang was also great, but it's little to late for that now since the group has irritated the Dollars enough to fight with or, without Mikado. I lol'ed on how the YS are to afraid to fight Shizuo and Simon who are known members of the Dollars despite wanting a war with the group.

Next episode preview looks to be quite awesome with, Anri meeting Shinra, Shizuo faced down on the ground with what looks like blood and Mikado getting serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
[*]The episode ends with Horoda finding Anri and leading her into a dark alley, poor dude doesn't know he's going to be the one getting raped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Saika's gang is going on a recruitment drive next ep lol. Horoda doesn't know who he's messing with.
Pretty much my thoughts, Anri actually doing Masaomi a favor here and neither know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There are actually four legends in Ikebukuro: The headless rider, the Dollars, Shizuo and Anri's boobs.
You almost made spit my drink.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:48   Link #17
JiffyGB
*snicker*

wait wait wait....i don't remember kida kicking ass like this. Am I forgetting something from an earlier episode? I guess it kinda clears up the fact of why they made him General Kida.

I still think mikado's awesome despite taking waaaaay to long to act...
Old 2010-06-04, 18:11   Link #18
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyGB View Post
wait wait wait....i don't remember kida kicking ass like this. Am I forgetting something from an earlier episode? I guess it kinda clears up the fact of why they made him General Kida.

I still think mikado's awesome despite taking waaaaay to long to act...
Masaomi being able to fight shouldn't be too surprising, considering he did go through a gang war before.

To be fair on Mikado, this the first time since ep11 that we gotten his perspective, and the damage he may cause maybe enormous if he's not careful.
Old 2010-06-04, 18:35   Link #19
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Spoiler:

Around 20:56, was that narration supposed to imply that it was Shinra, or did Fukuyama Jun just happen to narrate it?
Old 2010-06-04, 18:42   Link #20
Yozuru
.:{Love. Live. Laugh.}:.
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to Yozuru
Two words: Huge Knockers.
Closed Thread