Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-26, 01:09   Link #1
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Slice-of-Life and Ecchi Stuff?

I'm looking for 2 kinds:

Slice-of-life is the first. We all know Aria is the ultimate slice-of-life series until this day, and no other anime has surpassed its standard so far (as far as I know).
But anyway, any good, fun, light-hearted slice-of-life shows are my targets. As long as they're enjoyable, I'm into them.
(Mature and disaster shows like Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Rescue Wings are also part of what I'm looking for.)

The second thing I'm looking for is some ecchiness. Not just any ecchi thing, but loli goodness (or somewhere there). No big-busted characters please. (Unless they have loli size or normal size in them too.)
I don't think I have to describe how loli is loli, but for "normal", something like the 2 main girls in Kiss X Sis is fine. Cute and normal-sized enough to look normal.

By the way, no slapstick please. Slapstick is what makes me hate Kodomo no Jikan.

I'm hunting for these 2 types for now.
Any help from anyone will be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Old 2010-09-26, 10:51   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Slice of Life?

Have you tried K-On?

Ecchi?

Try B Gata H Kei

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-09-26, 10:56   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... Seitokai Yakuindomo?
Old 2010-09-26, 11:25   Link #4
Falkor

if you liked ARIA, you might be interested to watch Tamayura, which is done by the same director. it has some strong ARIA vibes with a nice combination of visuals and music. there's only one episode so far, but there are more to come. I would also recommend the director's other works, more specifically: Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star and Umi Monogatari. they're are not necessarily Slice-of-Life, but they are very unique on their own and share a couple of similarities.

You might also want to watch Sketchbook full color if you haven't already. it has a very, very similar feel to ARIA.

edit: oh, and there's also Amanchu! manga (me looks at avatar/signature) :P
Old 2010-09-26, 11:46   Link #5
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Thanks.

I've checked on MAL before. I'm still considering B Gata H Kei, and as for K-On I've already finished the whole thing, all the way to the end of season 2.

Seitokai Yakuindomo... Hmm. I'll check it out.

Tamayura... Lol. I went to look for it on MAL and just by reading the description made me decide to take it right away. Thank you.
The others I still need to look into.

I already have Sketchbook. I want to take Tamayura exactly because it seems relaxing like how Sketchbook is.

Thanks all.

Any more suggestions?
Old 2010-09-26, 11:51   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
But anyway, any good, fun, light-hearted slice-of-life shows are my targets. As long as they're enjoyable, I'm into them.
How about Hanamaru Youchien? I happened to be reviewing this show today because I wanted to re-watch a couple of the EDs (they're different in each episode). It's a cute and often quite funny story about a couple of kindergarten teachers and their precocious students.
Old 2010-09-26, 12:03   Link #7
kona~chan
ヘタレ

try Hidamari Sketch, all 3 seasons.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2010-09-26, 12:19   Link #8
Genstone
Eye in Sky

I checked Hanamaru Youchien and I think I'm going to take it.

Hidamari Sketch I already have all 3 seasons with me.

Thanks all.
More? XD
Old 2010-09-26, 12:19   Link #9
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

B gata was great i loved that show

as for other titles try spice and wolf s1-2 , Aishiteruze Baby, binbou-shimai-monogatar, Clannad, Girl’s High School Students and Hyakko
Old 2010-09-26, 12:32   Link #10
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
B gata was great i loved that show

as for other titles try spice and wolf s1-2 , Aishiteruze Baby, binbou-shimai-monogatar, Clannad, Girl’s High School Students and Hyakko
I already have Binbou Shimai Monogatari. Very sad.
But others that you have suggested I had come across them before. Any more?
Old 2010-09-26, 21:13   Link #11
Seiryuu

The biggest loli ecchi I've seen would be either Rizelmine or Battle Programmer Shirase. Rizelmine is a 12-year-old girl with some big secrets concerning her origins, big enough that the government will do anything she wants, including marrying her to a 15-year-old boy who wants nothing to do with any females that aren't older than him. Season 1 is somewhat ecchi, and s2 is severe.
In Battle Programmer Shirase, the main character is a genius programmer otaku lolicon who's in love with his 11-year-old cousin/niece but wants to control himself until she's older for her sake. The girl and her friend both like him, and he winds up in lots of awkward situations (usually right as a government official comes in to talk).
One item that's sort of semi-loli (a.k.a. pettanko) is Zero no Tsukaima. The girl's 16, but she's short and flat and easily fools people, much to her chagrin.
Another pseudo-loli would be KissXSis. There's a few spots that actually dwell on the fact that the guy's older sisters are high school juniors but look a lot like near-loli little sisters.
Old 2010-09-27, 08:59   Link #12
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
The biggest loli ecchi I've seen would be either Rizelmine or Battle Programmer Shirase. Rizelmine is a 12-year-old girl with some big secrets concerning her origins, big enough that the government will do anything she wants, including marrying her to a 15-year-old boy who wants nothing to do with any females that aren't older than him. Season 1 is somewhat ecchi, and s2 is severe.
In Battle Programmer Shirase, the main character is a genius programmer otaku lolicon who's in love with his 11-year-old cousin/niece but wants to control himself until she's older for her sake. The girl and her friend both like him, and he winds up in lots of awkward situations (usually right as a government official comes in to talk).
One item that's sort of semi-loli (a.k.a. pettanko) is Zero no Tsukaima. The girl's 16, but she's short and flat and easily fools people, much to her chagrin.
Another pseudo-loli would be KissXSis. There's a few spots that actually dwell on the fact that the guy's older sisters are high school juniors but look a lot like near-loli little sisters.
Rizelmine and Shirase I've seen them before.
I hate Zero no Tsukaima coz it's just damn silly.

And I've mentioned Kiss X Sis in my first post, so yeah I already have it.

Still, thanks.

Any newer slice-of-life and ecchi anime? Recent enough to be new. Coz older ones I most probably have watched before already.
Old 2010-09-27, 11:21   Link #13
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well... Seitokai Yakuindomo?
This. It fulfills both slice-of-life and ecchi. And it's hilarious.
Old 2010-09-27, 12:43   Link #14
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
This. It fulfills both slice-of-life and ecchi. And it's hilarious.
I'm still considering it.

But uh... when I said slice-of-life and ecchi, I meant them saparately.
Because slice-of-life + ecchi will end up being ecchi-oriented anyway.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:59   Link #15
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Have you seen Kamichu! from the slice-of-life genre ? If not, definitely watch that one.
Old 2010-09-28, 08:03   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well SYD actually has very little ecchi, visually speaking. It does qualify as SoL, if you consider high school girls with over apparent sexual fascinations realistic.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:11   Link #17
Genstone
Eye in Sky

I already have Kamichu for a long time.

I've decided not to watch Seitokai Yakuindomo for now. I find that I've taken too many school-life anime already.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:37   Link #18
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
SYD is really nothing like your average SOL school-life anime though ... Well, you really should just watch the first episode.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:27   Link #19
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
I've decided not to watch Seitokai Yakuindomo for now. I find that I've taken too many school-life anime already.
Yeah. I've read about it and I know its story, but I'll leave it first and pick it up later.
Old 2010-09-28, 21:52   Link #20
Seiryuu

Quote:
Rizelmine and Shirase I've seen them before.
I hate Zero no Tsukaima coz it's just damn silly.

And I've mentioned Kiss X Sis in my first post, so yeah I already have it.

Still, thanks.

Any newer slice-of-life and ecchi anime? Recent enough to be new. Coz older ones I most probably have watched before already.
Sorry, don't know how I missed the mention of KXS. And it's been a while since I watched ZnT; I liked it enough but can understand it being a little over the top, esp. considering the "no slapstick" part. She uses a crop instead of a stick, but she uses it a LOT.
BTW, are you basically looking for "pettanko"? You specified no big breasts and considered KXS to fit the bill, after all.
Closed Thread